Five trades we'd like to see happen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000568020/article/five-trades-wed-like-to-see-happen

Joe Haden and Alex Mack to Jaguars

In exchange for Jacksonville's first-round pick. Cleveland can't afford to let talent walk out the door, but it's time to make a stand for the top overall selection. Mack is likely to leave the Browns after this season anyway and showed enough interest in Jacksonville to sign an offer sheet with the Jaguars two seasons ago. Haden is a genuine talent at cornerback, but the Browns don't have much else to offer. With two first-rounders, the Browns can throw in additional picks to get into the No. 1 spot and take Cal's Jared Goff. The Jags get better on both sides of the ball while the Browns nab their franchise arm: Everybody wins.

-- Marc Sessler

Everyone wins...but the Jaguars. They're trading a top 5-10 pick (at worst) for a CB and a C both having down years

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Everyone wins...but the Jaguars. They're trading a top 5-10 pick (at worst) for a CB and a C both having down years

Their bad years are better than the good years of anyone on the Jags (and position wise on the Rams except for Jenkins). The only reason Haden is in the fanciful article is he has been dinged up (hand/concussion) this year. He is not going anywhere particularly given J Gilbert current lack of progress.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their bad years are better than the good years of anyone on the Jags (and position wise on the Rams except for Jenkins). The only reason Haden is in the fanciful article is he has been dinged up (hand/concussion) this year. He is not going anywhere particularly given J Gilbert current lack of progress.

That's irrelevant. The Jaguars are doing what we did. They're building a team the right way. Giving up a first round pick that could end up being the #1 pick for Haden and Mack is a bad idea. Mack is a soon to be 30 year old Center having a down year with the ability to opt out of his contract this off-season. Haden is a talented player but he's also having a bad year and has been beat up. Both guys have big contracts.

The Jaguars would be better off holding onto that pick, drafting a cheap young player (if they want a CB, they can take Jalen Ramsey or VHIII or another one of hte talented CBs in this class that would be on a rookie contract), and signing Mack in Free Agency.

It's a bad deal for them.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If a second round pick would get us Jeffery, take it. We have an extra one anyway. Though I'm sure the Bears would ask for more then that. Id like Megatron but his contract is too much.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If a second round pick would get us Jeffery, take it. We have an extra one anyway. Though I'm sure the Bears would ask for more then that. Id like Megatron but his contract is too much.

I'd offer a first and not think twice.

But, he signs as part of the trade, obviously.

A young proven WR isn't easy to find.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'd offer a first and not think twice.

But, he signs as part of the trade, obviously.

A young proven WR isn't easy to find.

If he signs as part of the deal, then yeah I go for that. The 31st pick is practically a second round pick anyway.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Oh. Good catch. By both of you guys.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams need guys who can catch the ball and help them sustain drives. I'd damn near sell my soul to see them trade for Jeffery.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Anything that gets rid of Cook.

I know it seems mean at this point, you know all the negativity around him, but man is he bad.

FRO

Legend
Rams need guys who can catch the ball and help them sustain drives. I'd damn near sell my soul to see them trade for Jeffery.
I would definately give my 2016 first for him under the condition a long term deal was worked out. I think Foles would be better with a number 1 over a committee approach. Jeffrey would make our pass game respectable, and that's what we need to be a playoff team.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
They are in the AFC South so they have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs this year. The Titans, Texans, and Colts don't look any better than the Jaguars at this point.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would definately give my 2016 first for him under the condition a long term deal was worked out. I think Foles would be better with a number 1 over a committee approach. Jeffrey would make our pass game respectable, and that's what we need to be a playoff team.

I would as well. My reasoning is that Fish and Snead go with that high end talent approach which doesn't always translate into immediate impact particularly at wideout. And you are right it would be contingent on a long term deal being agreed to.

Bringing in Jeffrey would put this offense on the map. You would have the big play ability of Gurley and Austin with defenses keying all over on them, and Jeffrey would be showing these other young WRs how to get er done and keep those chains moving. It would be a brilliant addition to this team.