Fitzpatrick likely to hit open market

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I watched him over the years. He can look good for awhile then look bad for awhile. That last game last year against the Bills he looked bad in the last quarter. I can't see paying average QB money for him. That's in the 15-18 Million range. Save the money.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I must agree with the sentiment of others. Fitz had a nice year but he was surrounded by weapons and an OC who he has a great history with. If Fitz is smart, he'll go back to NYJ.

Not the right fit here. I don't want us to overpay. I'd rather us sign Chase Daniel. I think you'd get the same caliber of play at 1/3rd or 1/4th the cost.

I agree that everything did hit for Fitzpatrick, however, Daniel has minimal career starts so you truly don't know how he will do as a starter and IMO the Rams will keep Keenum over Daniel....Fitzpatrick is an upgrade and as long as the money is not astronomical I feel strongly that Fitzpatrick would be an excellent fit for this offense, but as always counselor, JMHO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree that everything did hit for Fitzpatrick, however, Daniel has minimal career starts so you truly don't know how he will do as a starter and IMO the Rams will keep Keenum over Daniel....Fitzpatrick is an upgrade and as long as the money is not astronomical I feel strongly that Fitzpatrick would be an excellent fit for this offense, but as always counselor, JMHO.

Daniel doesn't have many career starts but from what I've seen of him, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a starting caliber QB when he's given an opportunity.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The lasting impression of his last qtr of the last game of the season was yuck.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Daniel doesn't have many career starts but from what I've seen of him, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a starting caliber QB when he's given an opportunity.

Not doubting your analyses, however, I don't see the Rams signing Daniel and starting him over Keenum although he's a better athlete and has a stronger arm. However, Fitzpatrick they will start over Keenum and again I do believe he would be an upgrade over Keenum and Foles.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not doubting your analyses, however, I don't see the Rams signing Daniel and starting him over Keenum although he's a better athlete and has a stronger arm. However, Fitzpatrick they will start over Keenum and again I do believe he would be an upgrade over Keenum and Foles.

My issue is...is he enough of an upgrade to justify the cost? IMO, no.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My issue is...is he enough of an upgrade to justify the cost? IMO, no.

All depending on the cost of course, but keep in mind that it's Los Angeles now and from a PR standpoint counselor you can spin a Fitzpatrick signing far more than a Chase Daniel signing and one has to factor that in as well.

The Rams will run the football more often then they throw and one would surmise that the Harvard alum should be one hell of a game manager. We shall see how this plays out and I get the Daniel attraction, but I just don't see the Rams signing someone that will be looked upon as another Case Keenum with less starts and far less wins and two years older.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All depending on the cost of course, but keep in mind that it's Los Angeles now and from a PR standpoint counselor you can spin a Fitzpatrick signing far more than a Chase Daniel signing and one has to factor that in as well.

The Rams will run the football more often then they throw and one would surmise that the Harvard alum should be one hell of a game manager. We shall see how this plays out and I get the Daniel attraction, but I just don't see the Rams signing someone that will be looked upon as another Case Keenum with less starts and far less wins.

The Rams shouldn't be making moves for "spin" or PR. PR doesn't keep fans in their seats. Winning does.

I don't see Fitzpatrick as a game manager. He's always been a risk-taker.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rams shouldn't be making moves for "spin" or PR. PR doesn't keep fans in their seats. Winning does.
Hey wait. I was recently informed by the media that the Rams get a grace period of about 3 years now that they've moved.
You and I (and every other displaced fan) are supposed to accept non-winning seasons until about 2019 before we can become disgruntled.

Ramatik

Starter
I wanted to keep Fitz and get rid of bulger oh so loooon ago.

Yeah, I'd take Fitz. He's a decent QB, but I don't think I'd feel really good about paying him the big money. Still, it's better than rg3 or krapperdik. Those guys can't even play qb.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

True, however, Boras and Mike Groh might limit the number of risks. Who knows what will happen and I agree Rams should not make personnel decisions based on public relations, however, I have a feeling Fisher is going to love Fitzpatrick and IMO, he's a far better option then the Rams have right now and again depending on the price would be an excellent teacher for a young field general and I'm solely basing this on his ivy league education.;)

RamBill

Legend
Journeyman quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has bounced from team to team his entire career, and with the New York Jets unwilling to break the bank to offer him a big salary, that trend could continue this offseason, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. Will Fitzpatrick stay with the Jets? Which teams would provide ideal landing spots for Fitzpatrick? Watch Adam Lefkoe and Bleacher Report NFL Analyst Chris Simms discuss landing spots for Fitz. The Rams are among teams that Fitzpatrick would be a good fit for, according to Simms.

Watch Fitz Discussion

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
100%

When he played in more conservative offense in Cincinnati and Buffalo (prior to Gailey) he was God-awful.
The only time he put up decent numbers was with higher volume pass attempts and many more INT

And the only time he's played on a team which had an above .500 record was last year with the Jets.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Can we bring this back to fruition.....Please Rams make the deal!
ryan_fitzpatrick_2005_12_18.jpg
To quote Fred Dryer ( From "Hunter") " Works for me!!":D

Dryer1000.jpg

nighttrain

Legend
I must agree with the sentiment of others. Fitz had a nice year but he was surrounded by weapons and an OC who he has a great history with. If Fitz is smart, he'll go back to NYJ.

Not the right fit here. I don't want us to overpay. I'd rather us sign Chase Daniel. I think you'd get the same caliber of play at 1/3rd or 1/4th the cost.
at first glance the thot of Ex-Whiners at our QB was just horrible, then i thot bridge guy? But if Daniels is out there i agree with you that he would be our best solution,Fitz not the guy
train

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'll take Fitz waaay before Kaep or RGme. But I don't know how much of an upgrade he is over Keenum. I'd almost rather go Keenum for '16 with Mannion and Rook (Lynch? Cook?) battle it out for the future. Mannion prepped as the backup for this year.

nighttrain

Legend
I'll take Fitz waaay before Kaep or RGme. But I don't know how much of an upgrade he is over Keenum. I'd almost rather go Keenum for '16 with Mannion and Rook (Lynch? Cook?) battle it out for the future. Mannion prepped as the backup for this year.
if we can get one of the top 3 QB's, i'm all in
train

WestCoastRam

Legend
I gotta be honest, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Fitz is over Keenum. Fitz has benefited from looking good in Gailey's offense. I think Keenum could look good in an offense like that. I wouldn't mind Daniels on smart contract and having him battle it out with Keenum. Would he take it? The problem with the Rams is that we said we want to have a QB competition this offseason which is all fine and good but now that you've said it, it might put off people from signing with us. And it's a sellers market.