Fitzpatrick likely to hit open market

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams have been overpaying players like Chris Long, JL Saffold & Jared Cook for several seasons....Rams have a few vacancies now in their overpaid cadre but a QB is far from being a need :headexplosion:with Foles/Keenum/Mannion.

I would have Ryan's phone number listed as #1 right now:love:.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fitz has had one good year... last year. Other than that he's been an interception machine and a journeyman. No thanks!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams do call him, what will they say when he asks for Bradford money? Fitz had a sub-60% completion percentage last year and similar QBR to Bradford. But then again, Keenum had a similar QBR to both, they're all right there in the same neighborhood. Fitz does bring some strong leadership, but Keenum seems like he's pretty capable too there.

IDK man, seems to me the smart call is moving ahead with a QB room of Keenum/Mannion/Draftee. I would make sure that draftee is Goff, personally, with a trade up, but even if it ends up being Lynch at 15 that would be a group that has a bridge answer and a future. Not optimum, but it would also be affordable compared to a lot of other teams.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Fitz benefited greatly from Brandon Marshall, he also has that gunslinger style. I still can't believe they lost to the Bills in week 17 blowing a playoff opportunity. Fitz simply disappeared that game and had a few crucial turnovers, if I remember. I also think Ivory helped open up the passing game for them. Who knows. I just don't think we need to be in the Fitz sweepstakes. Spend that money elsewhere.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I could see us offering him a short term deal like Bradford got, but maybe not for that much Money out front. Incentives!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can we bring this back to fruition.....Please Rams make the deal!
ryan_fitzpatrick_2005_12_18.jpg

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If Linehan wouldn't have cut him cause he was a Martz boy the procession of Rams QB's might have been very different. So right a wrong and sign him.
He's not great but he is the best option for next season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sign here.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
He will sign for far more than he is worth. Let that be with another team. Overpaying to fill a need is something that can make sense at times. But if the Rams are going to do that it better at least be for a legitimate talent. Not someone who is purely mediocre.

I'd love Fitzpatrick for a reasonable price. I just can't see that happening with so many QB starved teams out there.

The Rams will also be unlikely to assemble the same quality of supporting cast he had in New York last season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has been borderline awful when not playing for Chan Gailey.
Is Chan Gailey coming with him?
All righty then

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I must agree with the sentiment of others. Fitz had a nice year but he was surrounded by weapons and an OC who he has a great history with. If Fitz is smart, he'll go back to NYJ.

Not the right fit here. I don't want us to overpay. I'd rather us sign Chase Daniel. I think you'd get the same caliber of play at 1/3rd or 1/4th the cost.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If Linehan wouldn't have cut him cause he was a Martz boy the procession of Rams QB's might have been very different. So right a wrong and sign him.
He's not great but he is the best option for next season.

I couldn't believe we cut him way back when.......

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It will be interesting to see if Fisher looks his way. Fisher hates risk takers handling the ball. I don't think Fitzpatrick has it in him to play the conservative way.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Cool and all, but he would be better off with what he has in NY and I don't see him walking away from the coordinator he has had the most success with and leaving the weapons he has for a relative unknown in LA.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Think Sanchez goes back to the Jets???