Fisher's best move today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Totally agree with subbing in Tre Mason -- it was a great spot to run him and send the message the Rams can win with Mason, too -- but that whole first Mason series was a confusing mess in my opinion.

He starts rolling with Mason, the Rams get down to the 23 yard line, 3rd and 8... and they run? Perfectly happy with a field goal?? The game was 20-6 -- just a two TD game still in the 3rd quarter -- and Fisher had zero interest in scoring a TD?

Turrible, that blocked FG seemed exactly what happens to teams that take their foot off the gas too early. It could have sparked some momentum and a rally cry comeback if the Whiners weren't such a pathetic, gutless team.

Perhaps Fisher correctly assessed that the Whiners were mentally beaten and logically a FG sealed the game just the same, but I did not think the margin was that comfortable at that point. This is the NFL that has so much unpredictability at the end of so many games, when you have a chance to step on your opponent's throat (especially the Whiners), you do it. Plus I just didn't like the message he didn't trust his passing game in that situation, that could have been a good time to build some confidence in Foles. And finally, if Fisher thought the game was over, why did he put Gurley back in on the next series to plow into the line 3 more meaningless times?

So as usual with Fisher, I'm confused.

I've gotten to the point where I want them to keep the ball on the ground when they are in scoring range. 3 points is a heck of a lot better than a turnover.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Yea that pissed me off sitting there watching boger allow 49r players in the refs huddle then finally make the call then allow tomsula to have a conference to question his call. Effectively delaying the game and allowing the 49rs to do and argue as they please

To be fair, I believe the conference with the niner coaches to explain the call considering it wasnt too clear of a situation

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very good move, indeed. Arian Foster lost his season and possibly his career in garbage time a couple of weeks ago.