Fisher's best move today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
was sitting Gurley thru most of the 4th.

I don't care if fantasy teams all over the world suffer, players were dropping like flies out there today.

When the game is hand, get him out of there.

RamzFanz

Damnit
was sitting Gurley thru most of the 4th.

I don't care if fantasy teams all over the world suffer, players were dropping like flies out there today.

When the game is hand, get him out of there.

He spelled him for an entire drive and then mixed him back in. He had me worried. I agree, don't burn the kid out. It's a long postseason!

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The niners were going after Gurley. Good move by Fisher with a road game next week.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The niners were going after Gurley. Good move by Fisher with a road game next week.

That's an understatement everyone says our d is dirty haven't watched the 9rs d.. That face mask on the fumble not only was dirty but could have really hurt Cunningham. The worst part that face mask was 100 percent on purpose and the refs not only let the 49r players gather and discuss but allowed the coach to do the same. In my opinion they should have been called for delay of game on top of the personal foul and dude should have been ejected from the game.

jap

Legend
That's an understatement everyone says our d is dirty haven't watched the 9rs d.. That face mask on the fumble not only was dirty but could have really hurt Cunningham. The worst part that face mask was 100 percent on purpose and the refs not only let the 49r players gather and discuss but allowed the coach to do the same. In my opinion they should have been called for delay of game on top of the personal foul and dude should have been ejected from the game.

Expect a massive fine from the NFL, although I don't see why the hell the ref wasn't more decisive in thrashing the '9ers for that one!

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Oh but wait there's a bunch of people upset over the move on various other rams sites. Can't believe anybody with any football acumen saw it as anything but logical to get TG the hell outa there.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Expect a massive fine from the NFL, although I don't see why the hell the ref wasn't more decisive in thrashing the '9ers for that one!
Yea that pissed me off sitting there watching boger allow 49r players in the refs huddle then finally make the call then allow tomsula to have a conference to question his call. Effectively delaying the game and allowing the 49rs to do and argue as they please

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh but wait there's a bunch of people upset over the move on various other rams sites. Can't believe anybody with any football acumen saw it as anything but logical to get TG the hell outa there.

Haha. Dumbarses.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't lie..I wanted Gurley to break 200 yards today, but thats just selfish....It was smart to take him out

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Refs missed a lot of calls today. Boger's crew is going to get some bad grades from the front office for this one. I think many of them went our way, however there were quite a few that went the whiners' way as well like the intentional grounding by Kap late in the game where they said the ball got back to the LOS but it clearly did not. Not like I really cared or anything, I honestly think the Rams could have ran the score up if they weren't so hell bent on running out the clock.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
And let me add to this the Bolden penelty. First off as an inactive player who enters the feild and shoves a player shouldn't he be sent packing. Further had it been as called and it was a member of the coaching staff shouldn't it be the same?

fearsomefour

Legend
Refs missed a lot of calls today. Boger's crew is going to get some bad grades from the front office for this one. I think many of them went our way, however there were quite a few that went the whiners' way as well like the intentional grounding by Kap late in the game where they said the ball got back to the LOS but it clearly did not. Not like I really cared or anything, I honestly think the Rams could have ran the score up if they weren't so hell bent on running out the clock.
Which is amazing considering the number of flags.
Bolden is just a raging D bag.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
hell yeh - we had the game in the bag, why risk our Golden Gurley on plugging away at the 9ers, sure he could have rocked in another TD, but Mason was doing ok in his stead...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It was a good move. 49ers were awful enough to not require the closer.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Wise move by Fisher. Didn't the Georgia coach catch some flak for leaving Gurley in too long during garbage time, when he injured his knee?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Wise move by Fisher. Didn't the Georgia coach catch some flak for leaving Gurley in too long during garbage time, when he injured his knee?

Yea, I think Gurley had already run like 33 times in that game and they were up a lot. It was stupid, especially when they had Nick Chubb.

I was at the game, and I saw at least 2 times where the Niners intentionally went after Gurley's knee. It was blatant.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Totally agree with subbing in Tre Mason -- it was a great spot to run him and send the message the Rams can win with Mason, too -- but that whole first Mason series was a confusing mess in my opinion.

He starts rolling with Mason, the Rams get down to the 23 yard line, 3rd and 8... and they run? Perfectly happy with a field goal?? The game was 20-6 -- just a two TD game still in the 3rd quarter -- and Fisher had zero interest in scoring a TD?

Turrible, that blocked FG seemed exactly what happens to teams that take their foot off the gas too early. It could have sparked some momentum and a rally cry comeback if the Whiners weren't such a pathetic, gutless team.

Perhaps Fisher correctly assessed that the Whiners were mentally beaten and logically a FG sealed the game just the same, but I did not think the margin was that comfortable at that point. This is the NFL that has so much unpredictability at the end of so many games, when you have a chance to step on your opponent's throat (especially the Whiners), you do it. Plus I just didn't like the message he didn't trust his passing game in that situation, that could have been a good time to build some confidence in Foles. And finally, if Fisher thought the game was over, why did he put Gurley back in on the next series to plow into the line 3 more meaningless times?

So as usual with Fisher, I'm confused.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Mason needs the snaps...the season is still young lots of football left.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I won't lie..I wanted Gurley to break 200 yards today, but thats just selfish....It was smart to take him out
Ditto!! We'll just have to wait until next week to see him get his 1st 200 yard rushing game!!:D:homercrawl: