Fisher says Rams-Browns draft deal a possibility

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
steferfootball said:
DR RAM said:
Yamahopper said:
steferfootball said:
Yamahopper said:
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think we would have to give up to trade back up to #4? Me thinks it would most of what the Rams got from the Skins.
I just posted the NFL Trade Value charts, and the summary is to move up from 6 to 4 would take the 76th overall selection, or the 14th pick in the third round. To me that is not a bad deal if Kalil is there.

The move from 6 to 2 is vastly different than from 6 to 4...the values are not at all proportional to the draft position.

I think there's no way the Browns do it for a 3rd. Min. they want would be a first next year. Would you have the Rams trade down a couple spots for a 3rd or fourth?

IMO if the Rams make a trade it would be it will be the 33rd to some team that drools over a player that slipped out of the 1st round.

As far as Kalil he would be the target, but the Rams have already owned his draft rights and swapped him away for 2 firsts and a 2nd. And that's what the Rams have spent in the past trying to replace Pace. Ironic.
I think it would take a 2 at least. The Browns seem to love to stick it to us any chance they get.
I don't really know what it is, but I've sensed hostility from the Browns fanbase toward the Rams. Surly they are not mad that we left in 1945? :razzed: Perhaps I just know angry fans? Or maybe I'm just crazy (a distinct possibility).

Anyways, @Yama, I'd do it if the circumstances are right. Going from 6 to 8 is probably a bad deal in this draft, cause we loose out on the elite talent this draft offers. Right now I feel like we are right on the edge of the elite vs very good talent from this draft. 4 to 6 isn't such a bad deal for the Browns, cause they could still get one of the elite players in the draft, and they don't need a LT at all. Of course the Browns would want more, it is only natural, but IMO they could benefit from the trade down.

They could trade down for Tannehill, but I don't know if that is a good decision or not.

I'am for trading down if the Rams can collect more picks, i would hate to pass on a elite player but we need so much talent to fill out the roster that it might be worth it. We could still get a great DT prospect and if we get another 2nd in a trade down we could fill the WR, G, and RB holes in that round. but if we went very far down we would need to get a 3rd and maybe a little something else. plus that teams 1st this year. I know that if Snead can screw over the Skins he can damn well screw over another team.

The Browns are in the same boat so that's why I think it would be extortion to try and get their 4th. Look at it from their point of view. They have control of all the elite players now. if they trade down to #6 2 of them will be gone. They will be sucking hind tit wen it comes to elite. Could screw up their whole draft plan if they have to go with a Clairborne. So that's why I say if we want the pick it will be a 2nd this year and a 3rd. Or a 3rd this year and a first next. Damn the draft value chart. Watching Holmgrens eyes when he was whining about the Rams < Skins trade he was pissed. He wants a pound of Fish's flesh.

And if Kalil is there at 4 I think a few teams will try to jump up and get him. The Browns may prefer a multitude of lower picks to a extra 3rd or even a 2nd.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Could the Rams conceivably trade up with Cleveland at 4, then on draft day, trade back down again? What a tangled weave this could become.