Fisher Plays Down Brawl/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It has seemed for a few years now whenever someone at Rams Park gives the local media anything less than complete access, they start getting publicly pissed on.

By Bernie in particular.
I agree aboiut Bernie... but (again, this might be just me) it seems Thomas and Wagoner (especially Thomas) aregetting a little "edgier"?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jim Thomas is turning into an arsehole IMO this whole season the rams haven't been playing like a bunch of thugs in than the Giants come in and they decide let's be assholes? No! The Giants were talking crap early and often I'm glad the rams fought back.
I agree.
The Giants (Beckham in particular) were talking trash leading up to the game. Here in NY there was tons of trash talk. The Giants brought the fight to St Louis.
Like when Fisher had the balls at the opening kickoff, the team that wins the game is the champ and the loser is the chump.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
The only video I've been able to find is inconclusive about whether OBJ grabbed Tree's facemask as they were going down. He might have, but just can't tell for sure.

It's pretty conclusive, if you watch it and the back and forth motion of AO's helmet you can see OBJ lets got only when he hits the ground. He grabbed it in the field of play, the official's view is blocked, and he holds it for more than 5 yards out of bounds. I didn't notice it but after Fish said it, I looked and the actual facemask is not shown, but the only thing that could cause the rapid back and forth of AO's helmet is that OBJ had it in his hand.

upload_2014-12-24_9-58-51.png

upload_2014-12-24_9-59-33.png

upload_2014-12-24_10-0-7.png

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
JT, "Actually, if you do indeed look at the replay closely, Beckham’s hand is up in the area of Ogletree’s facemask, but he’s not tugging on it. At least not until he was already driven about five yards out of bounds."

Well, Jim, but something is causing AO's head to go back and forth and you can see that OBJ let's go only after he's on the ground, then he shoves ball in AO's face and then AO shoves OBJ to the ground and the brawl begins.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I may be in the minority here, but I was really pissed about last week's game. I could care less who said what before the game, but the bottom line is actions speak volumes compared to just talking. If OBJ said he was going to set a record against us then the best way to shut him up was to shut him down. Then if guys want trash talk after the game then so be it. Fisher and the coaches cannot control what the Giants were doing, but they can control our guys. I have no problem with playing hard-nosed, physical football, in fact I prefer our team to be as physical as possible. But this doesn't mean we have to play "dirty" either. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but it seemed we lost control of our emotions and subsequently lost focus in the game. I get this is a young team, but we need our older veterans help the younger guys channel their emotions and just play football. The thing that bothers me the most, and this is not specific to the RAMS, is when someone is getting their ass kicked in a game they start talking trash to compensate for what's actually happening on the field. Again, I don't mind a little bit of smack talk, but when you're getting your butt beat, one would think you would keep your mouth closed until it turns in your favor. I don't care if our guys "talk the talk," but they better be able to "walk the walk."