Fisher Losing Faith In Zeurlein?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Because *if* Zuerlein misses, the opponent gets the ball at our 49. They only need about 10 yards to get 3 points of their own if they have an average field goal kicker.

I understand your point, it is because my defense is playing well and getting stops that I try to inject some momentum into the offense with the kick and hope my defense continues to get stops. There is no real right or wrong I suppose. obviously at our 49 it would have to be a last possession of the half or game situation. In the above situations we were between the 35-45 I believe

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It kind of does make a difference, because the score differential could have been greater if they capitalized on the field position gift we gave them (via a missed FG).
Hindsight is great and all, but a bigger gap in score would have changed the way both teams played.
But, on the flip, our score could have changed the way both teams played also. It was a tough call. That is certain. And remember, Hekker missed pinning them on the one, by about a yard, if I remember correctly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But, on the flip, our score could have changed the way both teams played also. It was a tough call. That is certain. And remember, Hekker missed pinning them on the one, by about a yard, if I remember correctly.
Yep. Pros and Cons for every situation, but I understand them taking the high percentage plays in those situations as opposed to the low percentage plays.

MrMotes

Starter
The non FG attempt against Pitt I have a easier time understanding. IMO, the non attempt against Washington was simply a bad decision.

I agree.

And it's hard to say it's a lack of faith. You don't try that kick because you have faith he'll make it. You try it because the downside if he misses is small.

I'd be inclined to think Fisher doesn't want to tire GZ with long kicks at halftime, wants him fresh for late in the game and late in the season. Not saying that's necessarily smart just that i wouldn't be surprised it that's what Fisher is thinking...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yep. Pros and Cons for every situation, but I understand them taking the high percentage plays in those situations as opposed to the low percentage plays.
Just think of how much setting the record for longest field goal in history, would have swung the momentum. :fighting:

I get it. I really do. IMO, you can't hammer a HC for that one.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I doubt it, the announcers last week were saying Z was drilling them from 65 in warm ups. He seems to be a little more accurate, more down the middle on the kicks he's had so far. But, I think they should have gone for the field goal in that situation against the Steelers too.

Actually, it was 62 yds, but you're point is well made as both kicks were dead on.