Fisher: Joyner to play slot, not much safety

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"We got this."

Fisher_J_CoachCardHeadshot_128_83_061713--nfl_thumb_128_83.jpg
AP13061402476--nfl_thumb_128_83.jpg
Bailey_CoachCardHeadshot_128_83_061713--nfl_thumb_128_83.jpg
Cecil_CoachCardHeadshot_128_83_061713--nfl_thumb_128_83.jpg
McGinnis_CoachCardHeadshot_128_83_061713--nfl_thumb_128_83.jpg

yea, Gregg Williams really makes me think he's gonna make him ease up

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
You didn't like the pick so now you essentially hope he fails? Whuh?
I did like the pick, I don't see where you think I "hope he fails". I don't like the idea of drafting a 3rd string CB in the 2nd round, especially when we need a FS which is why I want somebody to take the nickel CB spot so he can take over at FS for the next 10 years.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I did like the pick, I don't see where you think I "hope he fails". I don't like the idea of drafting a 3rd string CB in the 2nd round, especially when we need a FS which is why I want somebody to take the nickel CB spot so he can take over at FS for the next 10 years.
Ok...that makes more sense. Your previous post just didn't read that way.

Though, not sure I agree with your argument about using a 2nd round pick for a slot corner. The slot corner is essentially a starter in today's game. I'd rather spend a high pick on a slot corner than a SLB.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Ok...that makes more sense. Your previous post just didn't read that way.

Though, not sure I agree with your argument about using a 2nd round pick for a slot corner. The slot corner is essentially a starter in today's game. I'd rather spend a high pick on a slot corner than a SLB.
I see your point but getting a starting caliber free safety has to be harder to do then finding a guy that can just cover a slot receiver, is my way of thinking i guess.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I see your point but getting a starting caliber free safety has to be harder to do then finding a guy that can just cover a slot receiver, is my way of thinking i guess.

I tend to agree with the idea that a nickel CB is way more important. And based on comments made my K. Demoff at the Season Ticket Holder luncheons, so does this staff. They tend to put less value on the safety position than others on that ide of the ball. Based on sub packages, and the amount of time they are on the field, they consider the 3rd CB to be a starter. even more so than the 3rd LB.

I truly believe they like the guys on the roster now, to be that much better with another year of experience. And they do not differentiate between FS / SS I this system. These positions are interchangeable, so finding a "true ballhawking FS" is not what they are looking for. Hence the Alexander pick.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Joyner does scare me a bit after watching some of his "highlights" - he does tend to look for the big hit, which judging by some of those will easily draw a flag in the nfl

Not to mention those hits don't generally knock guys down in the NFL.
I like big bits, but it drives me crazy when a guy is trying to show off and misses the tackle.

Yeah, I noticed that as well on the video I saw.
Don't get me wrong. I like his physical play. I just hope he knows when to hit and when to wrap up.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Sure hope someone beats Joyner for the nickel CB spot, don't like the thought of trading up in the second round for a nickel CB IMO.

Politely disagree.
I tend to thing the nickel position is in incredibly important. These guys are now on the field more than half the game these days.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I tend to agree with the idea that a nickel CB is way more important. And based on comments made my K. Demoff at the Season Ticket Holder luncheons, so does this staff. They tend to put less value on the safety position than others on that ide of the ball. Based on sub packages, and the amount of time they are on the field, they consider the 3rd CB to be a starter. even more so than the 3rd LB.

I truly believe they like the guys on the roster now, to be that much better with another year of experience. And they do not differentiate between FS / SS I this system. These positions are interchangeable, so finding a "true ballhawking FS" is not what they are looking for. Hence the Alexander pick.

Politely disagree.
I tend to thing the nickel position is in incredibly important. These guys are now on the field more than half the game these days.
Well if that's what the staff is looking for then cheers they got what their looking for and have a better idea then me on what personnel would work best for our defense!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
It's pretty crazy that nobody has mentioned Joyner's hands of stone!!! Dude needs to get some ball skills...