Fisher Hoping to Sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
If we can do a similar deal with Britt I'm all for it. Wonder if it would put Austin Pettis on the bubble though in pre-season for a roster spot - especially if we draft Watkins or Evans.

Re: the medicals - I doubt its that the Ram's have "bad" doctors or whatever - the same stuff will come up. Its just that we don't have the luxury of turning down quality because they "might" get hurt again sometime soon like the Pats do. Our roster needs the upgrade too badly for that.

I'm thinking Pettis is on the bubble if we do sign Britt. If we sign Britt and draft one of the two, or even Lee, he's definitely gone imho.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that's interesting... and worried at the same time... now it seems like the rams are really bad at telling gauging injury (roger saffold)

Yeah, cause the Patriots were so smart when they signed amendola.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
wonder if that means a no for sammy watkins if they do sign him
I doubt it. IIRC Jeff Fisher's last seasons exit comments were "We need to score more points."
So far we've addressed backup QB,reserve DB/PR,reserve DE,starting OG and starting/reserve LB. Mostly patchwork additions. IMO these signings shouldn't indicate which direction our draft will take.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
the patriots did that with revis. he signed for $12m this season and the patriots have an option on him next season but it will cost them $20m to take it up. so if revis plays lights out he still gets his $16m per year and the patriots get the best cb in the league under lock down and will probably work out some sort of extension to make it more feasible.

Thanks man. I knew Revis signed with them but never saw details of contract. Smart of the Cheatriots to back load the option. Gives Revis even more incentive $$$ to play lights out. To me that's a win-win for both sides. Hope we do something like that with Britt, but not on that level of $$$. :cool:

Appreciate the info again.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm thinking Pettis is on the bubble if we do sign Britt. If we sign Britt and draft one of the two, or even Lee, he's definitely gone imho.

Only if Bradford begins to trust the others like he seemed to trust Pettis.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I see no harm in bring him into camp to compete for a spot. They must think he's better than Pettis or they wouldn't waste the time. If they draft WR high then it gets interesting.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I really hope we pass on Britt, I don't have a good feeling about this potential signing. I'd rather acquire WR via the draft.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
I think all of our receivers with exception of tavon and stedman should be on high alert. I would think pettis is first man out (although I think he has a red zone role). I personally think Givens is very expendable and I still have some hope for Quick. 3 or more years without establishing themselves is not a very good position to be in.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Only if Bradford begins to trust the others like he seemed to trust Pettis.

I agree. Sam does need to have one WR that is a security blanket. One thing I don't like about him. Nothing wrong with a "go to guy", but can't keep leaning on a pacifier so to speak.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I really hope we pass on Britt, I don't have a good feeling about this potential signing. I'd rather acquire WR via the draft.

Who do you want Stranger? I'm just asking here, and not being condescending. Would you settle for Lee?

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
I think a WR corp of Watkins (#1) Bailey (#2), Austin (slot), Quick or Pettis (red zone) and Britt (wild card) could be a top 10 group.

Alan

Legend
VARAMS with his version of Nirvana:
I think a WR corp of Watkins (#1) Bailey (#2), Austin (slot), Quick or Pettis (red zone) and Britt (wild card) could be a top 10 group.
I think a WR corp of Quick (#2A) Bailey (#2B), Austin (slot), Quick or Pettis (red zone) and Britt (wild card) could be a top 15 group. But only if Sam is protected by our brand spanking new OT. ;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Taking a flyer on Britt makes all the sense in the world and won't affect the draft. Rams aren't drafting a WR high anyways. :sneaky:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

I'm thinking Watkins won't be there. Plus, if we sign Britt, he isn't going to be a wildcard. Pettis is gone to me. I could be wrong.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I agree. Sam does need to have one WR that is a security blanket. One thing I don't like about him. Nothing wrong with a "go to guy", but can't keep leaning on a pacifier so to speak.
I don't agree with this because I think it's just a misconception. He seems to favor one receiver because he rarely has had a stable of reliable receivers. He hasn't been throwing only to Bruce and neglecting Holt and Hakim. He's been favoring Amendola because Steve Smith(not the good one) and Mike Sims-Walker suck.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not necessarily, don't forget MSW and Steve Smith.
Steve Smith came off a terrible injury and MSW was a drop machine(While still having chemistry with Bradford, I mean he had to be open to get all those drops.), Britt is a lot of things, but he's definitely more talented than those two.