Fisher, Cignetti support Bradford/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
he fired George Karl after he won coach of the year and 50+ games 5 out of 6 years.
If kroenke pulls off the La deal it's gonna cost him a fortune. And I'm sure he's want to open with a splash.
Plus, NFL teams rarely let their hc coach the last year of their contract. Typically they extend them before final year.

He's got two more years left. I guess we'll know more by the end of next season. He'll either get extended or fired. But I doubt he gets fired if the team doesn't have a winning season. My guess is it would take a horrible season. Like starting out 1-7 and finishing 3-13 or 4-12. Anything close to 8 wins would save his job, IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams are going to win this year for one reason: their defense. They are going to have a top 10 defense at the least, but I think top 5 is likely. It will be a continuation of what we saw over the remainder of the schedule last season.

Offense doesn't need to be lights out. Seahawks and Niners have demonstrated how you can win and go far in this league without a top offense. All we need is an offense that doesn't shoot itself in the foot. I'm not one of the pessimists there, I do think that is doable for the Rams. I have a feeling that Cigs is going to have a very successful debut as OC.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rams are going to win this year for one reason: their defense. They are going to have a top 10 defense at the least, but I think top 5 is likely. It will be a continuation of what we saw over the remainder of the schedule last season.

Offense doesn't need to be lights out. Seahawks and Niners have demonstrated how you can win and go far in this league without a top offense. All we need is an offense that doesn't shoot itself in the foot. I'm not one of the pessimists there, I do think that is doable for the Rams. I have a feeling that Cigs is going to have a very successful debut as OC.
I agree in principle. But the thing that those other two teams had, that we don't, is a consistent run game predicated on the threat that the QB can tuck it away and run himself. Those two were continuously in the bottom of the league in pass attempts because of that, but were still successful because defenses had to dedicate a defender as a spy, and most of their success on the ground was due to those read-option formations and play designs. Even if they didn't run it, it always looked like they were gonna. If we're to rely on our defense to win, we're gonna have to either get a QB who poses the same threat, or throw a helluva lot more than they did.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the problem aint it. I'm all for bringing in "competition" for him - but who's gonna outcompete him? A Rod? Peyton, Wilson, Romo. Matty Ice, Brady, Roethlisberger and Brees. That's about it. They're all starters elsewhere so its not really gonna happen.
Did Fisher not know this when he said that?

Did he not know what was available via draft? Via free agency? Possible trades?