Fines handed out for 'The Brawl'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rker-fined-15000-for-role-in-brawl-with-rams/

Preston Parker fined $15,000 for role in brawl with Rams
Posted by Josh Alper on December 24, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpte4ogrlmmjmztuxytu2mzc3yzeyzdbhyjqyytc5m2u5-e1419447960247.jpeg
AP

A late hit by Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree last Sunday touched off a brawl with the Giants that led to three ejections.

One of the players ejected was Giants wide receiver Preston Parker and Parker said Wednesday, via Jordan Raanan of NJ.com, that he has been fined $15,000 by the league for throwing the punches that led to his ejection. Giants defensive end Damontre Moore and Rams defensive end William Hayes were also ejected from the game.

Another Giant player also revealed a fine from Sunday that wasn’t associated with the brawl. Defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins revealed that he was fined $16,537 for roughing Shaun Hill and he said on Twitter that he’s “glad to see the league’s stance on violence is still a priority.”

“So I just got fined more for roughing the passer than anyone who was in the fight. Even players who got ejected. So I should just fight then,” Jenkins wrote.

Moore and Hayes haven’t talked about their fines, but they surely received them and there could be more coming. Ogletree’s hit and a kick to the face of a Rams player by Giants kicker Josh Brown are two other plays from a chippy game that might catch the attention of the league office.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hayes should not get fined. In fact the nfl should give him some money for getting ejected when he didn't do anything wrong IMHO.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hayes should not get fined. In fact the nfl should give him some money for getting ejected when he didn't do anything wrong IMHO.
Yeah, like what are you supposed to do when a bunch of Giants players run at you, rip your helmet off, and then throw punches at you just for being in the same area as Beckham? You supposed to sit there and take it surrounded by 10 Giants?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
that little bitch josh brown should've been ejected. but RULE he should've been ejected. so glad these refs know the goddamn rules. next time Ogletree has a chance to make a tackle near the ref he should take him out too. you know by 'accident'.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
Jim Thomas is reporting no fines for the Rams. All you Rams fans that were ashamed of our beloved Rams Sunday owe some apologies!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...wl_odell_beckham_among_those_disciplined.html

Sorting the fines for the Giants-St. Louis Rams brawl: Odell Beckham Jr. among those disciplined

EAST RUTHERFORD ‐ The Giants and Rams went a little too far on Sunday in St. Louis. There were late hits, punches thrown, faces shoved, players ejected and lots of finger-pointing afterward.

Now there are financial consequences to pay. Knowledge of the fines started rolling in Wednesday, and they extended beyond just the melee.

• WR Preston Parker
He was fined $15,000 for his part in the fight, when he threw a pair of punches and was ejected. Parker expected it to be worse.

"Because I threw a punch, I thought it was going to be a little more," he said. "When we came back here, I’ve never been ejected, I was thinking about what would they do. Would they suspend me for the next game? I didn’t know. So a bunch of thoughts were going through my mind."

• DE Damontre Moore
Moore was also ejected, for scrapping with Rams defensive tackle William Hayes. He was fined for his part in the melee. The amount is not yet known.

• WR Odell Beckham
The rookie wide receiver was fined after shoving and/or throwing the ball in Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree's face after a late hit that sparked the brawl. The amount is not yet known.

• K Josh Brown
He was fined for kicking a Rams player in the face at the end of a play while he on top of a pile after a kickoff. The amount of his fine is not yet known.

• LS Zak DeOssie
He was fined for an unnecessary roughness penalty several plays after the brawl. DeOssie hit Rams punt returner Tayvon Auston out of bounds on the play. The amount of his fine is not yet known.

• DT Cullen Jenkins
The NFL hit Jenkins with a $16,537 fine for unnecessary roughness in the fourth quarter. Jenkins was flagged for a hit on Rams quarterback Shaun Hill, andwasn't happy with the league's decision to fine him for the play.

Jordan Raanan may be reached at jraanan@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @JordanRaanan. Find NJ.com Giants on Facebook.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Jim Thomas is reporting no fines for the Rams. All you Rams fans that were ashamed of our beloved Rams Sunday owe some apologies!
Why would that change anyone's minds?

We've seen plenty of examples out there of people being fined when they shouldn't be and people not being fined when they should be. It's almost a news item when Goodell gets it right.

That said, I didn't think the Rams were playing dirty.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Funny how everyone says the Rams are dirty but the Giants get all the fines.
That freaking announcer had it out for us. I wonder if the Rams' FO has request he apologize for that crapola?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm surprised the rams didn't get any fines. I guess it's because they were being chippy within the confines of the game and not throwing punches or causing a stir. Still think the rams threw tantrums like babies but maybe there was some merit. I stand corrected

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

That is incorrect. I actually was there a GREAT view of it. Hayes took down a guy and went straight up UFC on him. It was amazing. As a Ram fan I don't think he should get fined, actually only Brown. But he was straight up fighting and by rules that deserves a fine.

I actually think the NFL should develope an NHL policy for fighting. I want there to be a penalty box and everything. I'd love it!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Why would that change anyone's minds?

We've seen plenty of examples out there of people being fined when they shouldn't be and people not being fined when they should be. It's almost a news item when Goodell gets it right.

That said, I didn't think the Rams were playing dirty.
It's a Festivus Miracle!