"Find me a right tackle that's playing as good as him so far..."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Before the season began, I posted that I expected Rob Havenstein to have a Pro Bowl like season. Some here thought he was 1. Overpaid 2. Easily replaced 3. A liability of some sort.

Apparently, Sean sees it the way I do. D'Marco even commented on the two point conversion about how he wasn't supposed to be able to hook the end from where he start.

Props to Big Rob. Stay healthy, my man.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The OL is playing very good across the board, Havs included. It was one of our biggest worries going into the season, now it seems to be near the least of our worries.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They really have played very well. Great job by the Ram's brass for understanding what they had. Most of us were shocked that a Center wasn't drafted.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hav had an injury plagued, bad season a couple of years ago. Otherwise, he's been a rock. That he continues to improve speaks well to his approach and attitude.

dang

Legend
I believe the entire OL is earning every dollar they are being paid so far. I am very pleased from what I have seen.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, this past winter some wanted the Rams to take the trade offers for Rob. One person particularly had a problem with him.

I kept thinking…”Who takes over his spot? Noteboom? There goes running on the right side.” I’m glad they kept him.

Stafford has only been sacked 7 times this year. That is once per game. The entire Oline is getting it done.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I swear half the fan base has been trying to trade or cut Hav for years lol. But props to him, he’s playing very well. When you don’t hear his name called you know he’s doing a good job.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I believe the entire OL is earning every dollar they are being paid so far. I am very pleased from what I have seen.
The oline has been terrific. They are the key to Stafford's downfield passing. Those long passes to Kupp and others aren't happening without great pass protection. Remarkably, they are getting it done without play action.

The Rams thus far appear to have the ability to go downfield at almost any time they choose and the blocking has held up. (Yes, Stafford has something to do with it too, but it was not like this in Detroit.)

The improvement over the last couple of years with Allen now at center, capable guards, and healthy tackles is striking.

The line has also opened holes in the run game which imo has been more limited by injuries and game strategy than by blocking.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
What a different a difference an Oline Coach makes huh? You also have to give credit to Stafford, he is Manning esq with the way he gets rid of the ball and calls out protections and routes. Loving it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Havenstein has been great. The whole oline too, but yeah Havenstein has been solid.

Its 7 down… 10 until the playoffs. Go finish Big Rob!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
AFAIC, we haven't had a decent right tackle since Martz let Fred Miller walk in 2000, or whenever it was.
So @oldnotdead , and everyone else, get off his back!! :sunglasses:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
i.jpg

TexasRam

Legend
I am not sure if its technique with his drop or hand usage but somehow Havenstein is always now able to allow the rusher to get to the top edge of the pocket and then Havenstein is able to be in perfect position to use his hands to move the rusher past the pocket. This was not the case in other years. Often Havenstein would not be able to get his hands on the guy at the spot.

Whatever it is, the improvement is welcomed because that was the one part of his game that he struggled with.

So now he is probably the best RT in the NFL when you consider he was already a dominant run blocker.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I was among those favoring a Hav trade.

But I was obviously wrong. Hav is enjoying a solid season and I’m glad that the Rams are smarter on these matters than I am.

While I’m at it I think Carberry was a HR hire. This entire OL is kicking butt and without using a single draft pick this year.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Havs has been one of, if not the best run blocking Tackles in the league for years (a couple injury plaques seasons not withstanding) and now he’s #1 in pass pro?

Just extend him again already. Don’t let him walk.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Havs has been one of, if not the best run blocking Tackles in the league for years (a couple injury plaques seasons not withstanding) and now he’s #1 in pass pro?

Just extend him again already. Don’t let him walk.

I agree. He probably is a “next year” problem along with Edwards?

Corbett and Allen are UFA after this season.

Lots to figure out…

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Before the season began, I posted that I expected Rob Havenstein to have a Pro Bowl like season. Some here thought he was 1. Overpaid 2. Easily replaced 3. A liability of some sort.

Apparently, Sean sees it the way I do. D'Marco even commented on the two point conversion about how he wasn't supposed to be able to hook the end from where he start.

Props to Big Rob. Stay healthy, my man.

Mcvay said he loves himself some Rob Havenstien as well.D.Farr added on that play that he looked like a Kodiak Bear,which Mcvay said he liked that one.
He also just restructured his contract which helped The Rams out.
M.Brockers didn’t want to do it when most Rams players(veterans) did.He got traded,so as some have suggested about Rob moving on ? I don’t think so.
The Rams have a extended roster of Offensive lineman.So if anyone wants to get into that,Just look at the 2 players to Havenstien’s left.Austin Corbett & Brian Allen.
I watched Whitworth stay late with Havenstien & Joesph Noteboom working on concepts & footwork against edge rushers.They worked slow & talked about balance.He worked as a pass rusher & also talked about where to gather your feet when a rusher comes back inside.Noteboom was right there working & listing.He was setting up as a LT.
Whitworth got banged up & Noteboom got 1 snap in.The Rams imo don’t want to show case him at all & get a team friendly deal.
—Havenstien in the past has taken on a leadership role already as well with Whitworth.In his early part of his career he had that weird foot/ankle thing going on.The thinking was it could be career threatening? Not much was said about that.

—Once again though it takes the player to want to be excellent or great,but Reggie Scott really does help players get The Best rehab in The NFL imo. - this Rams organization is in good hands top to bottom.

—Adding Max Pircher is hungry about learning his craft & Hoecht is willing to teach & work hard.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree. He probably is a “next year” problem along with Edwards?

Corbett and Allen are UFA after this season.

Lots to figure out…

Problem?(yes both FA) Those are the only 2 solids next season. Whitworth is retiring.
.I get what your saying,but Oldbutnotdead doesn’t get it. Rob Havenstien is taking OWNERSHIP of the OLine in 2022.

Joesph Noteboom is in line to get paid.The worry imo with Whitworth being banged up or getting hurt for an extended time is not that Noteboom can’t handle the LT position.It’s a contract year.
—Like I said up top.The Rams have exceeded there roster with OLineman & for a good reason.

*you look at The Rams roster & think of where the salary cap is & where it is going? Kenny Young being traded only accelerates players moving up from the practice squad.The Rams Depth is Amazing.
There is only so many Comp Picks you can have. D. Williams is gone? I don’t know what the future holds,but continue to monitor Rams players growth. - T. Howard is an example of the pipe line continuing to flow,as Mcvay says it’s not cheap to keep all these players. So all that want a trade,don’t hold your breath.