Final Cut predictions?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not much question that Reynolds is a better special teams player - and you are probably right, that alone likely puts him on the 53. But for how long? How many guys are there who make their careers on STs? Some, I know - but pretty few.

If Watts isn't awful on STs, then go with the long term upside.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Not much question that Reynolds is a better special teams player - and you are probably right, that alone likely puts him on the 53. But for how long? How many guys are there who make their careers on STs? Some, I know - but pretty few.

If Watts isn't awful on STs, then go with the long term upside.

I agree with you about going with the long term upside, but in this case it's irrelevant. Does Watts have long term upside at RB? Maybe, but not in a rams uniform. You don't go with the better RB when they're just RB4, you go with the guy that's better at special teams. You choose the guy that will actually contribute to the teams success. The odds of Watts being a good back are low, even lower in a crowded backfield. I get it, the guy had a good game. But Reynolds has more value to this team. I hope Watts can make another team, but we're too loaded at the spot, and our special teams needs our ace.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I agree with you about going with the long term upside, but in this case it's irrelevant. Does Watts have long term upside at RB? Maybe, but not in a rams uniform. You don't go with the better RB when they're just RB4, you go with the guy that's better at special teams. You choose the guy that will actually contribute to the teams success. The odds of Watts being a good back are low, even lower in a crowded backfield. I get it, the guy had a good game. But Reynolds has more value to this team. I hope Watts can make another team, but we're too loaded at the spot, and our special teams needs our ace.

Looks like long term upside to me. I saw vision and really really good balance - which is THE trait for a good RB.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
@CoachO - this conversation aside, was Watts flashing as a running back in practice?
He showed bursts. I'm not trying to discount his talent. But he is likely to get caught up in a numbers game. And he just isn't going to unseat any of the 3 RBs ahead of him.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Watts over Reynolds no doubt.
Reid need to be on this team.
I think some of the veterans are going to get cut in place of players like Reid, Watts, etc...
And I take QB Gilbert over Davis anyday.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Watts over Reynolds no doubt.
Reid need to be on this team.
I think some of the veterans are going to get cut in place of players like Reid, Watts, etc...
And I take QB Gilbert over Davis anyday.
No offense but I'm glad you're not the GM. The veterans they will be replacing in your scenario are just developing themselves. Younger isn't always better.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
No offense but I'm glad you're not the GM. The veterans they will be replacing in your scenario are just developing themselves. Younger isn't always better.
No Problem, I just like what I see from some of the new guys. I know you have much better insight then me though.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
My 53:

QB (2): Hill, Davis
RB (5): Stacy, Cunningham, Mason, Watts, Reynolds
TE (4): Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, Cunningham
WR (5): Britt, Quick, Austin, Givens, Pettis
OL (9): Long, Robinson, Wells, Saffold, Barksdale, Joseph, Barnes, Jones, Person

DL (10): Quinn, Long, Hayes, Sims, Sam, Brockers, Langford, Donald, Carrington, Westbrooks
LB (5): Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Dunbar, Bates, Armstrong
CB (6): Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, Gaines, McGee, Roberson
S (4): McLeod, McDonald, Alexander, Davis

ST (3): Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuaide

To me the RB, TE, & CB battles are very close.

I'm not sure they carry 5 RBs, but if they don't its purely what the coaching staff values more. Reynolds who doesn't offer anything as a RB, but became a ST ace or Watts who has shown good vision and burst at RB, but is still learning ST. I can see an argument being made for either. I'm thinking Watts could be cut and possibly stashed on PS once Bailey returns.

With the run based O, Fish typically likes to carry 4 TEs. This also comes down to what the staff values more. Do they stick with Bayer who has shown a lot as a pass catcher, but next to nothing as a blocker; or do they go with the strong blocker in Cunningham with bad hands? If it were my decision it'd be Cunningham, because how often will Bayer be taking targets away from Cook, Kendricks, or even Harkey?

CB is a coin flip imo. I'd prefer the solid player in Woodard who does everything solid than Roberson who is good in coverage but is inconsistent with his tackling. However I'm getting the impression that Fish and the coaches really like Roberson.

Additionally I'm hopeful that these players make it to PS:

QB Gilbert, TE Bayer, G Bond, CB Reid, S Bryant

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
52 out of 53, if I had switched the Bayer cut with the Michael Sam cut I would have had a perfect prediction.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
52 out of 53, if I had switched the Bayer cut with the Michael Sam cut I would have had a perfect prediction.

Nostradamus-frame.jpg