FF Question - Tavon or Kupp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ppr.

my choices are tavon, kupp and kevin white. i so want to start tavon but that may be my kool aid for mcvay using tavon like he's supposed to be used with all the other weapons on the field.

what do you guys think?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had the same choice of Kupp vs. White (and Tavon, technically, because he's a FA. I chose Kupp. In a PPR league, I think he's even more valuable. None of us have any idea how much Tavon will play. We all know that Kupp is going to play and get looks (based on how much Goff loves him).

FRO

Legend
Kupp all day. While Tavon may have a big day or two throughout the year I believe Kupp will be much more consistent. I normally avoid picking Rams because inevitably whoever I pick ends up sucking. No need to curse the real life rooting interests.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
Uh..... I looking forward to see Tavon. It's not hard to figure out why. (y)

Edit (Can't believe how I wrote it before do i evEn Englash>>?)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With Austin just coming back, I'd pick Kupp.

Too much unknown about TA's playing time. I suppose you could say the same for Kupp, but it wouldn't be a health reason to limit his touches.

WvuIN02

Starter
Last year before Kevin White got hurt he was getting the most targets on the Bears, more than Jeffrey or anyone else. With Meredith gone for the season, Id definitely choose him first, Kupp 2nd, Tavon is too streaky for ff.

…..

Legend
Kevin White is the play. As stated above by @WvuIN02 , with Meredith down, White is WR1 in Chicago opposite Kendall Wright so he should see the most targets, opportunities.

He has been injured alot so he's got alot to prove in regards to production and sustainability, but the Bears are proceeding as if White is thier guy until he provesd he isnt.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

i've had white locked in all week but he's going up against trufant so i want to see him do something first before i start him.

my brain tells me kupp but my heart tells me tavon. with money on the line i have to go with my brain. don't even know who's covering kupp but he can't be too good seeing the colts lost their best cb.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the other factor in Chicago; who is throwing the ball?

Glennon to White?

I guess Goff to Kupp sounds just as iffy to some.

…..

Legend
Kevin Triplett said:
Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains said he believes Kevin White can be a No. 1 receiver, “and obviously he’s going to have to be."

Glennon is QB

my brain tells me kupp....

Since you need more time to trust White, then my guess is Kupp. Even if Tavon was healthy, Kupp sees more targets. They'll want to pressure Goff and put him under stress. Under stress, he'll be looking for Kupps routes. I also think Kupp has a great feel for working his way open so a QB on the run will be able to locate him.

Also....it was just a couple days ago the Tavon said he was not back to 100%. That could be a smoke screen on his part. I wouldnt be suprised if Tavon lights it up with some incredible package installed by McVay designed to shock us all. But I also wouldnt be suprised to just see Tavon return punts for this game.

Last edited:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Any opinions between woods and cupp for flex. Im going with woods but that could easily change.

…..

Legend
Any opinions between woods and cupp for flex. Im going with woods but that could easily change.
I've been wondering all off season about That! In most 12 man leagues, Woods is available and I have been thinking about adding him. Rams did such a good job not showing their hands and not running with the 1's that we really don't know what to expect lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a great feeling for Kupp's future. He will get a lot of looks this year. He's just too good at running routes/getting open for him not to break out out, imo.

WvuIN02

Starter
I love the Rams but I dont really love any Rams in the early weeks for FF until we see the offense against defenses that are trying and gameplanning.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'm thinking that woods will be on the field more and will be a better option than tavon on the short to medium routes. And they did spend a bunch of money on him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Kupp has a higher floor - Tavon a higher ceiling for fantasy. Kupp will get targeted - you can ink him for a minimum of 5 catches now. Tavon could put up 40 pts or he could put up a goose egg.

JRobinson

MiLB
I actually dropped White to pick up Kupp. I seriously think Kupp will be a viable fantasy option. And no, I'm not being a homer, well maybe a little.

fearsomefour

Legend
I had two Buccaneers going and a Dolphin, Janikowski as my kicker and McFadden at RB due to the suspension.
And Gronk. Who is Fing useless.
I'm like McGregor. A lot of smack talk followed up by a lame 0-1.

WvuIN02

Starter
I actually dropped White to pick up Kupp. I seriously think Kupp will be a viable fantasy option. And no, I'm not being a homer, well maybe a little.
White is going to get force fed in Chicago on top of being a better red zone target. Chicago also sucks balls, and Howard is their only returning playmaker, so I see them throwing a lot this year and White should see a lot of favorable coverage given teams will stack the box.

…..

Legend
I know one thing....this thread has already taught me enough that I'm going to be watching very closely Whites performance and targets. He too is widley available in most 12 man leagues. People just dont know, or have forgotten about him because of his 35 targets lat year. I know he sure wasnt on my radar at all. But at 6'3" and inheriting the No1 recieving duties, this guy could be the FF waiver addition I need.