Faulk's past or Gurley's future?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let Gurley's Career play out for a while longer! He could suffer a career ending injury this next game, God forbid, then everything is mute! Teams well key on him, then we'll see what he's got!
I think he'll be our next Faulk!

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
M.Faulk was the linchpin to the organization so Gurley would have to play at a high level for years to even match it.Based on what we have seen from him so far the sky is the limit for him barring any injuries.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
heck, i'd be happy with a RECEIVER getting 1,000 yds let alone a running back. let's revisit this in 5 years or so. marshall faulk WAS a great running back. todd gurley II has the opportunity to be a great running back.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
All I know is that I absolutely loved watching Faulk run. It was mesmerizing, captivating and just plain magic. And he's a great guy too, humble and more down to earth than anything you'd expect from such a star.

Now I watch Gurley and I just think wow. I'm sure Faulk would have also been an every down feature of the offense the way we use Todd Gurley now, but would that offense have taken us to the super bowl?

I guess it just doesn't matter, because the magic is there that we haven't seen since Faulk. Sorry, I have tremendous respect for Steven Jackson was never a big fan of an offense that keyed on him.

When we add Austin into the mix, which I fully admit was a pick i wasn't fond of at first, we have the makings of something really special.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Faulk could still run for 1000 yards if he spent a couple months getting back in shape...

Lesson

Oh, really?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Gurley is the better athlete. But as it stands right now, Faulk was the better player. Will it remain so as Gurley's career progresses? Who knows. But I'm thankful that we Rams fans get to ponder the question.

WvuIN02

Starter
Faulk was the most complete back to ever play the game.

Gurley will never be the threat in the passing game that Faulk was, but might end up in the AP category down the road. Not to mention he was great at picking up blitzes if he did stay in to pass protect. I'd take Faulk twice on Sundays and that is NO knock on TG.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of Gurley, he only needs 834 yards in his last 3 games to break the rookie rushing record.
I hope he makes it

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I agree with you. I must say that I gave up trying to compare Gurley's running style to other backs. He has his own very unique style and he just runs like Todd Gurley. As far as running through that contact, I have almost gotten used to it being a Georgia fan. Defenders seem to just melt off TG3. It's a combination of his running style and pure size/strength. Todd's thighs are bigger than 99.8% of running backs and it shows.
I think the 3, I mentioned are all special, and 2 are already top 10 to 15 players, but Gurley is a different beast, and special doesn't capture him. Faulk was a genius player. I'm not trying to dis, or take away from any of them. Gurley excites me the most, and I've been around the block. I can easily picture him breaking the season rushing record, and the single game rushing record, as soon as next year.

Gurley CAN catch the ball too, I can't wait to see him worked into that part of his game more. I know you know that, being a Georgia fan.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you sir, are the absolute sign of optimism.
Well, there's always the Rams record
Oh wait...

It may have been the worst decade a fan could ever endure, but dayum if we havent been blessed with the best running backs in history