Faulk: Patriotrs cheated Rams out of a Superbowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uper-bowl/</a>

It’s been 11 years since the Rams lost to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI, but former Rams running back Marshall Faulk isn’t over it, because Faulk believes the Patriots cheated to win.

Although NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has insisted that there’s no evidence that the Patriots spied on the Rams’ walk-through practice the day before the game, Faulk still thinks they did.

“I’ll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl,” Faulk told Tom Curran of CSNNE.com.

The NFL fined the Patriots and head coach Bill Belichick, and stripped the Patriots of a first-round draft pick, for taping opposing coaches’ signals in violation of NFL rules. But the separate allegation that the Patriots taped the Rams’ walk-through before the Super Bowl was never substantiated. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league destroyed all the tapes that were confiscated in the investigation of the Patriots’ taping practices, and Faulk is skeptical that the whole truth will ever come out.

“Obviously, the commissioner gets to handle things how he wants to handle them but if they wanted us to shut up about what happened, show us the tapes. Don’t burn ‘em,” Faulk said.

Faulk says the Rams installed new plays for the game against the Patriots, and that the Patriots seemed to be so perfectly prepared for them that Faulk believes they must have used espionage.

“I understand Bill is a great coach,” Faulk said. “But No. 13 [Kurt Warner] will tell you. Mike Martz will tell you. We had some plays in the red zone that we hadn’t ran. . . . And a couple of plays on third down that we walked through also . . . And they created a check for it. It’s just little things like that. It’s either the best coaching in the world when you come up with situations that you had never seen before. Or you’d seen it and knew what to do.”

Faulk seems to believe Belichick and the Patriots got off easy for Spygate.

“Am I bitter about how the league handled them taping people? If Bountygate was that bad and Sean got suspended for a whole year? If we want to talk about some unfair assessment of how we’re assessing things? Man. If you lost a game and your brother cheated you, you’ll remember that.”

And 11 years later, Faulk still remembers a Super Bowl that he believes the Patriots stole.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
sqYo0vl.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Burn EVERYTHING!!! Nothing to see here folks. Trust me. - Roger Goodell

It's blatantly sickening really. I remember Martz saying something after the game akin to, "It was like they had our playbook." Well Mike, they kinda did. I just hope this builds some momentum again. Faulk SHOULD feel cheated. Now Warner needs to say something. Martz doesn't really have much to lose. He should make a statement now too. I want so much for the Rams to meet the patsies in another SB and just fucking throttle their asses.

The NFL knows damn good and well that the patsies cheated us out of that SB win. Such a bush league thing to do destroying those tapes. And I can't stand looking at that smug, cry baby troll pussy hoodie. Marshall is being PC in calling him a great coach. Maybe if he won those games WITHOUT having to cheat but.... I'd love to see Willy taken to the woodshed.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I wonder if Faulk's NFLN contract will be terminated next yr over these comments? I can't imagine that one can stick around very long speaking truth to the shield... not even if you're Marshall Faulk.

The funny thing is that even though the Cheatriots knew all the plays before hand, they still needed the help of Kukar to beat the Rams. But given it was the season of the 9-11 trajedy, I think the NFL was prepared to do anything in its power to give the SB to a team called the Patriots - just witness their divisional playoff game against the Raiders (ie tuck rule game).

bluecoconuts

Legend
interference said:
I wonder if Faulk's NFLN contract will be terminated next yr over these comments? I can't imagine that one can stick around very long speaking truth to the shield... not even if you're Marshall Faulk.

The funny thing is that even though the Cheatriots knew all the plays before hand, they still needed the help of Kukar to beat the Rams. But given it was the season of the 9-11 trajedy, I think the NFL was prepared to do anything in its power to give the SB to a team called the Patriots - just witness their divisional playoff game against the Raiders (ie tuck rule game).

I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL set it up so the pats would start filming so they could win. It would be too perfect and explain a little bit of why they destroyed the tapes. NFL films the first time, gives the tapes to the Patriots, they continue to film, get caught, NFL gives them a slap on the wrist and destroys all evidence that leads back to them.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I still allow Martz to shoulder a bit of the blame himself. They needed to get the ball in Faulks hands more. I still (vaguely) remember the stat being the Rams only lost something like 2 or 3 games when Faulk ran the ball more than 20 times.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Destroying the evidence...

What more proof is necessary after that ?

Whenever I see Commandant Goodell,,, I hear nazi music playing in the back of my mind.

He is so clearly a fucking fake in my eyes... I cannot even stand to look at him. The only thing more revolting is B-Cheat.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
interference said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL set it up so the pats would start filming so they could win. It would be too perfect and explain a little bit of why they destroyed the tapes. NFL films the first time, gives the tapes to the Patriots, they continue to film, get caught, NFL gives them a slap on the wrist and destroys all evidence that leads back to them.

I wouldn't put any of this past them. While they ARE in the entertainment business, I sure wish we could assume they would be above this sort of thing. Unfortunately, when they do things like destroy all pertinent evidence, it screams cover up. :bummed:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:

Whenever I see Commandant Goodell,,, I hear nazi music playing in the back of my mind.

He is so clearly a fucking fake in my eyes... I cannot even stand to look at him. The only thing more revolting is B-Cheat.

Yeah - that's where I am on the dude. And it's sad really. I love football and he is a real stain.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Why did yall have to open up this old wound????? Now I'm going to have to kick the dog and beat the wife tonight! :grr:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxFppJAgQQ0[/youtube]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It still makes me sick. When I re-watch the game, it appears as if the Patriots know every call before we run it. Then, of course, there is all the illegal contact and holding of our receivers throughout the game.

images

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I can understand why Faulk would say something now, especially after Tim Brown and Jerry Rice moaned about the perceived betrayal by their HC.

"Yeah, you think you were wronged. The whole NFL was against us."

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
DR RAM said:
It still makes me sick. When I re-watch the game, it appears as if the Patriots know every call before we run it. Then, of course, there is all the illegal contact and holding of our receivers throughout the game.

images
Let's not forget that there wasn't a single personal foul called the entire game, and protection of the QB was Bernie Kukar's responsibility.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
interference said:
But given it was the season of the 9-11 trajedy, I think the NFL was prepared to do anything in its power to give the SB to a team called the Patriots - just witness their divisional playoff game against the Raiders (ie tuck rule game).

I've heard said before; but I just don't buy it. As much as I know Goodell is a puppet, I just don't think the Patriot connection is worth compromising the game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Selassie I said:

He is so clearly a freaking fake in my eyes... I cannot even stand to look at him. The only thing more revolting is B-Cheat.

This is spot on.

Why destroy tapes? It makes ZERO sense. ZERO!

Unless... there was something there to suggest multiple wins and losses were effected by the cheating.

And, Goodell... yeah, he's a paper commish. I can't stand to look at him either. Fake. Fake. Fake. Player safety? 18 games? Yeah... okay.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
interference said:
But given it was the season of the 9-11 trajedy, I think the NFL was prepared to do anything in its power to give the SB to a team called the Patriots - just witness their divisional playoff game against the Raiders (ie tuck rule game).

I've heard said before; but I just don't buy it. As much as I know Goodell is a puppet, I just don't think the Patriot connection is worth compromising the game.
The Patriots can go Faulk themselves!

I guess it was too hard to take away a Superbowl victory, too much of a scandal.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
What an idiotic response by these guys. The primary issue is not whether the Rams won or lost (yes, I know that is still an important), but whether:

(1) the cheatriots cheated to gain a significant competitive advantage by filming Rams plays prior to game;
(2) the NFL conspired with the cheatriots to grant the cheatriots further competitive advantage by instructing Kukar to ignore Cheatriot penalties where ever possible, but to enforce Rams penalties - real or imagined;
(3) the NFL commissioner's office destroyed damning evidence that would have revealed the extent of the conspiracy.

Someone made a comparision between Belicheat's fine and what happened to the Saints coaches/players this year, with people getting lifetime and 1-yr bans. Given the gravity of what the Cheatriots did, it's unconscienceable that no one on that team received similar bans, especially given the duration of said video taping, possibly leading to multiple SB's. This provides even further evidence, in my mind, that there was a conspiracy between the NFL and the Cheatriots, as if Goodell comes-down too hard on Belicheat then he could have spill-the-beans and outted Goodell as having been in on the plot.

It all reeks to high heaven, and there is nothing worse then having to listen to these NFL aplogists who's careers, and contracts are obivously on the line if they don't tote the NFL-line.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
interference said:
What an idiotic response by these guys. The primary issue is not whether the Rams won or lost (yes, I know that is still an important), but whether:

(1) the cheatriots cheated to gain a significant competitive advantage by filming Rams plays prior to game;
(2) the NFL conspired with the cheatriots to grant the cheatriots further competitive advantage by instructing Kukar to ignore Cheatriot penalties where ever possible, but to enforce Rams penalties - real or imagined;
(3) the NFL commissioner's office destroyed damning evidence that would have revealed the extent of the conspiracy.

Someone made a comparision between Belicheat's fine and what happened to the Saints coaches/players this year, with people getting lifetime and 1-yr bans. Given the gravity of what the Cheatriots did, it's unconscienceable that no one on that team received similar bans, especially given the duration of said video taping, possibly leading to multiple SB's. This provides even further evidence, in my mind, that there was a conspiracy between the NFL and the Cheatriots, as if Goodell comes-down too hard on Belicheat then he could have spill-the-beans and outted Goodell as having been in on the plot.

It all reeks to high heaven, and there is nothing worse then having to listen to these NFL aplogists who's careers, and contracts are obivously on the line if they don't tote the NFL-line.

Co Sign.

Where is Matt Walsh these days?

Why isn't he doing interviews?

Reeks indeed!

I get that we (speaking for me) are upset fans and probably have distorted views... but it's just too weird. The whole thing. It just stinks.

I don't care if it's a 30 second cell phone video. They did it for a reason; to gain an edge. It is cheating.

Plain.

Simple.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
interference said:
X said:

My thought exactly, they benefited that too harsh of a penalty would have been a red flag.