Fantasy Advice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Aaron Rodgers vs CLE or Phillip Rivers vs JAX

Rivers has actually been the better play to this point, but its hard to ever bench Rdogers.

What say you?

iced

Sum1BTRthnU said:
Aaron Rodgers vs CLE or Phillip Rivers vs JAX

Rivers has actually been the better play to this point, but its hard to ever bench Rdogers.

What say you?

Rivers

RamzFanz

Damnit
I play almost anyone against JAX especially if they are producing against decent teams.

Cobb is out with Boykin in who might be a great sleeper pickup but his entire career was last week with 1 catch on 6 targets for 43 yards. Jones is questionable.

But then, he IS Rodgers.

Sit Rodgers for Rivers? It would be a Sunday morning decision for me but I would see Rivers as the sure thing and Rodgers as the upside potential with potential bust. It wouldn't break my heart to sit him and be wrong for a week with Rivers in there while the GB receiver situation shakes itself out.

For full disclosure, I did grab Boykin and I am starting him most likely for upside potential.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I own Rodgers and after his bye he's the only QB I own, but I would bench him this week if I had Rivers.

iced

People get caught up in the name and player too much vs actual production and match up.

Cleveland has a good d, especially against the pass - they're 4th in fantasy.

Jax is bottom of the league and Phillip Rivers has been way more consistent. Rodgers has 1 good game, Rivers has several.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
GB is pretty beat up at receiver. Keenan Allen is stepping up his game too.

Tough call.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Cobb out, it looks like Jones is probably out, Nelson covered by CB Haden...

When Rivers plays teams like JAX, he has massive games.

Of course, it depends on your scoring structure. In my league, Rivers is 25% better than Rodgers this season in points and with GBs WR issues, and the matchup this week, I'm now leaning 100% Rivers. I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes your QB1 the second half of the season.

In fact, call me crazy, but after week 8 (Rivers' bye week) would be a great time to trade Rodgers if you have a hole and can get a stud. Rivers has an easy schedule the second half. (except maybe in dynasty leagues)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamzFanz said:
Cobb out, it looks like Jones is probably out, Nelson covered by CB Haden...

When Rivers plays teams like JAX, he has massive games.

Of course, it depends on your scoring structure. In my league, Rivers is 25% better than Rodgers this season in points and with GBs WR issues, and the matchup this week, I'm now leaning 100% Rivers. I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes your QB1 the second half of the season.

In fact, call me crazy, but after week 8 (Rivers' bye week) would be a great time to trade Rodgers if you have a hole and can get a stud. Rivers has an easy schedule the second half. (except maybe in dynasty leagues)

Yeah, I'm def. going to trade Rodgers at some point...I desperately need a RB.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Was just browsing and saw this. Thought I'd share.

"Philip Rivers, QB, Chargers: My Projection: 23 FPTS

There's no getting away from Rivers this week. Jacksonville has allowed 14 touchdowns to quarterbacks this season, including two or more to five of six opponents. They've also given up 20-plus Fantasy points to all but two passers.

I'd start him over: Everyone not named Peyton Manning and Tony Romo"

"Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers: My Projection: 21 FPTS

Before last week, the Browns had a three-game streak of zero passing touchdowns allowed. That ended abruptly when Matthew Stafford threw four -- three to his tight end. Rodgers is going to have to lean on his tight end with Randall Cobb and James Jones out. But the Packers will also run a lot, and that's something that has robbed Rodgers of big stats lately. Rodgers has one touchdown in each of his last three games -- coincidentally three games his running backs have posted 25-plus carries in. He's a bit of a risk.

I'd start him over: Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III"

<a class="postlink" href="http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/story/24097470/winning-fantasy-calls-for-week-7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... for-week-7</a>

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's always tough to sit somebody like Rodgers even if his top WRs are out but I'd be torn too because he still has Nelson,Finley and a decent running game. Rivers is having a good season but he has let me down a lot the past few seasons in fantasy. I'd flip a coin until it came up Aaron Rodgers.
:cheese:

iced

This is a case of where people get too attached to the name instead of the actual production and situation of the players.

Bree's was struggling early in the season and Bradford was doing well; I wasn't afraid to bench Bree's for Bradford (of course he layed a dud against the boys)

I started Spiller against Cleveland just out of desperation and he's been on my bench since. Keenan Allen over him last week has paid dividends.

If you wanna win fantasy - you gotta know your players and their match ups. Rodgers even with a healthy receiving core would still be on my bench this weekend against Cleveland - they have a good D with a shut down corner and Rodgers has been inconsistent all season. Only 1 TD against Baltimore ( I have crosby haha)... Rivers however has been playing up, I think has two 400+ yard games... and is playing one of the worst teams/defenses in Football.. shouldn't be a question.

Spiller is on the bench this weekend again in both leagues:

Randle & Jacobs are starting in one league, Mccoy and bush in the other.

RamzFanz

Damnit
iced said:
This is a case of where people get too attached to the name instead of the actual production and situation of the players.

Bree's was struggling early in the season and Bradford was doing well; I wasn't afraid to bench Bree's for Bradford (of course he layed a dud against the boys)

I started Spiller against Cleveland just out of desperation and he's been on my bench since. Keenan Allen over him last week has paid dividends.

If you wanna win fantasy - you gotta know your players and their match ups. Rodgers even with a healthy receiving core would still be on my bench this weekend against Cleveland - they have a good D with a shut down corner and Rodgers has been inconsistent all season. Only 1 TD against Baltimore ( I have crosby haha)... Rivers however has been playing up, I think has two 400+ yard games... and is playing one of the worst teams/defenses in Football.. shouldn't be a question.

Exactly.

Anyone who plays their studs just because they are SUPPOSED to be studs, loses in FF.

It's all about current performance, team injuries, and match-ups.

I acquired RG3 weeks ago in trade for an RB2 and have yet to start him over Jay Cutler despite his "star" status. He's my QB2 and I'm glad to have a solid backup. Cutler is rocking it and I will sit him the second I think he won't.

I have Foster and Martin at RB. I have never sat either except in bye weeks BUT I would in a heartbeat if I felt the match-up gave me a better point total with others.

"Never sit your studs" is great for 3rd place. "Always start the best players for the week" is great for 1st place.

This week I have Boykin and Drew Davis starting. They have no history but they have great QBs and the starters are injured. The players I did have in are starters and have a history of mediocrity. I'll always take potential over mediocrity. Sometimes it will bite me in the ass, but often, I find my surprise starter for the rest of the season.

No one lives on studs except from draft position or luck. Those like me that drafted 16 in a 16 team league find the surprises or die. Currently, 35% of my points are from non-drafted players.

iced

RamzFanz said:
iced said:

Exactly.

Anyone who plays their studs just because they are SUPPOSED to be studs, loses in FF.

It's all about current performance, team injuries, and match-ups.

I acquired RG3 weeks ago in trade for an RB2 and have yet to start him over Jay Cutler despite his "star" status. He's my QB2 and I'm glad to have a solid backup. Cutler is rocking it and I will sit him the second I think he won't.

I have Foster and Martin at RB. I have never sat either except in bye weeks BUT I would in a heartbeat if I felt the match-up gave me a better point total with others.

"Never sit your studs" is great for 3rd place. "Always start the best players for the week" is great for 1st place.

This week I have Boykin and Drew Davis starting. They have no history but they have great QBs and the starters are injured. The players I did have in are starters and have a history of mediocrity. I'll always take potential over mediocrity. Sometimes it will bite me in the ass, but often, I find my surprise starter for the rest of the season.

No one lives on studs except from draft position or luck. Those like me that drafted 16 in a 16 team league find the surprises or die. Currently, 35% of my points are from non-drafted players.

lol you're gonna love my line ups for this weekend

The Zach miller start is a perfect example of playing the match ups - Arizona allowed 100 yards and a td on average per game to the Tight end

Edit: in the nfl.com league, buddy dropped james jones and i submitted a waiver for him - so i picked him up and dropped harry douglas

Attachments

• yahoo-nfl.jpg
    yahoo-nfl.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 127
  • nfl-fantasy.jpg
    nfl-fantasy.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 124

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a big fantasy guy)imo, teaches people to look for the wrong things in football) but I'd sit Rodgers. Ray Horton is a really bright defensive mind. I think he'll limit Rodgers to a point.

Whereas Rivers should do well against the Jags.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Alot of different ways to play FF.

Match ups and WW is a great way to win. Really depends on what type of scoring system your league uses.

Manning in our Standard scoring league scored 15.5 points against Jax.

iced

jrry32 said:
I'm not a big fantasy guy)imo, teaches people to look for the wrong things in football) but I'd sit Rodgers. Ray Horton is a really bright defensive mind. I think he'll limit Rodgers to a point.

How does it teach people to look for the wrong things?

Seems to me the guys who win or the best are generally guys who know football and what to look for.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
jrry32 said:

How does it teach people to look for the wrong things?

Seems to me the guys who win or the best are generally guys who know football and what to look for.
Yeah, I gotta agree with Iced. When I used to play, I'd go through everything like an NFL coach would. Matchups, injury reports, trends (players vs schemes, schemes vs schemes), etc. It really was too much work for me, and even after all of that, you'd get a player you sat that would absolutely go off when there was no rhyme or reason why he did. Or you'd start a player that historically was a beast against a certain team or defense, and that guy would disappear. Too frustrating.