FA and Cap Outlook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Looking for two things from the Rams in the next few days.

An announcement from Whitworth; and a Team announcement regarding the up-dated Coaching Staff.

Would expect both before the end of the weekend.

I have quite a track-record on such predictions ... between 21%-to-22%.
So 21.5% chance?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
This just popped up on Bleacher Report.......hope theres no truth to this
Screenshot_20220309-081436~2.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The other article mentioned AD and his wife looking for houses in LA. As long as that is the case I think we're ok on the AD front.

He's a guy who would lose his fucking mind in retirement. So the only real question here is if he's gonna move his family to LA and if not then maybe it's time to package him for picks to Pittsburgh so he can finish in his backyard. But I think there's gonna be a few more runs before that happens at the very least.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The other article mentioned AD and his wife looking for houses in LA. As long as that is the case I think we're ok on the AD front.

He's a guy who would lose his fucking mind in retirement. So the only real question here is if he's gonna move his family to LA and if not then maybe it's time to package him for picks to Pittsburgh so he can finish in his backyard. But I think there's gonna be a few more runs before that happens at the very least.
I would understand that for him, but give us at least one more season!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Per Ian Rapoport, Rams will not extend a tender offer to RFA Troy Reeder.

I believe an original-round tender offer amount for RFAs is just under $2.2M.

Rams could try to bring him back for a lower amount but he will be an unrestricted free agent.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

Rams could try to bring him back for a lower amount but he will be an unrestricted free agent.
Thank God.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Lol...jus posted that in other post about FA.....let the Wagner rumor mill go crazy lol

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Lol...jus posted that in other post about FA.....let the Wagner rumor mill go crazy lol
I don't think there's any correlation. Rams just know they have to improve there, and may like Howard more.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't think there's any correlation. Rams just know they have to improve there, and may like Howard more.
I know there isn't but we all know media and fans alike will eat this news up that way. I find it fun and entertaining more than anything.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I think the above amount is for 2021.

Believe the current original-round-tender-amount is $2.5M.

I also believe that Travin Howard is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, who are much cheaper to keep.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I also believe that Travin Howard is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, who are much cheaper to keep.
May be wrong on Howard.

Spotrac has him as an Exclusive Rights Free Agent but Over-the-Cap has him as a Restricted Free Agent.

Jourdan Rodrigue is usually on-top-of-things. Since she says Howards is a Restricted FA, I would go with that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It’s the sunk cost fallacy that the Rams need to sign him because of what they paid for him. Von may or may not get the money he wants but I don’t think he is a priority.
Lock up Stafford and Donald, figure out the o-line and then see what’s left.
It goes far beyond just the picks that they gave up

This just popped up on Bleacher Report.......hope theres no truth to this
View attachment 52838
When in doubt do not trust Bleacher Report

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams would appear to be squeezing the eyeballs of their cap fund Lincoln pennies. Very good chance that Troy Reeder can be resigned much later & @ at the bottom basement cap hit cost. The real reason that we have seen so much of TR on the field with our defense in the starting capacity is he was the last man standing @ ILB'er during this time period.

MLB'er Ernest Jones was bang up & nicked up too in his rookie season. ER might be the smallest looking MLB'er in the NFL. He is DC Morris's starting MLB'er into the future & certainly will be the Green Dot defender.

In addition, Snead made a MLB'er who played very well for many seasons in the NCAA for South Dakota a priority back in 2020. Christian Rozeboom has been lurking here for a while on ST's. CR will be entering his 3rd season & will be here as a Ram for several more seasons. CR saw the field for 14 Ram games in the 2021 season.

Snead also has the opportunity to have two known weakside ILB'ers in Travin Howard (7th rd pick from Texas Christian) & Antonio Brooks Jr. (former 6th rd pick from Maryland) available once again for the 2022 season. TH has been a Ram now for 4 seasons. While there might be some questions as to his free agency status whether he is an ERFA or RFA TA will be offered a tender that will be near minimum low cost. IMO TH is an ERFA, not an RFA. I would expect that TH will start next to EJ in DC Morris's defense. TH has had two complete seasons (2018 & 2020) where he was lost due to injuries & being placed on the IR. TR was active & played in 16 2021 games during our Championship season.

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1501699615292215297?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1501699615292215297%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2022%2F03%2F10%2Frams-anthony-hines-futures-contract-2022%2F

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Figured they would keep him at the tender but obviously shit's tight.

This is Jones' defense now at ILB. I look forward to him and Howard.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting that Jourdan Rodrigue did not mention Coleman Shelton.

I believe Shelton is also a Restricted Free Agent; and some think he starts if Brian Allen signs elsewhere.
He's an RFA so more likely we'll retain him, but didn't she mention him as a possible solution to RG when Corbett leaves in her mind?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Breaking NEWS:

Rams will get whatever free agents they truly want without any consideration for the salary cap, draft picks, or the price of beluga caviar.