F Them Picks!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I know we've heard some criticism, maybe rightfully so, about using draft capital to get "other" players, while neglecting positions of importance such as O Line. That might be true, but it can be fixed. But horns up brothers, we won't super bowl 56 and ran over the hated whiners to get there. Nothing could have been sweeter than that in my book. Yes, we have some issues now, but it will be addressed. I think the Rams suffered the super bowl curse where injuries are plentiful and we just have to deal with it.

The bright side is that our defense is playing well enough to keep us in games. Had we scored 20 points in each game, we would be 3-2 0r 4-1 (if we didn't give the whiners a defensive TD).

McVay might have to go a bit conservative if our O line struggles but we can still win if we don't turn the ball over and just take what the defense gives up, even if that means less than the big splash plays.

But overall, I don't disagree with giving up a #1 pick to get a proven player. Draft picks are (at times a gamble) whereas a good player who is proven could be worth a #1 pick, except that they usually cost more.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I think the Rams have already proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that their "F them picks" strategy of roster building can:
A. Win a championship and
B. Still allow for sustained excellence.

This year has been hampered by a cluster of injuries to our top 5 interior linemen (Edwards, Allen, Shelton, Bruss, and Anchrum).

I don't think the problems this year have much at all to do with our lack of picks... it's been (mostly) about injuries to the OL. Stafford has no time, and the RB's don't have much room.

brucebruce

Rookie
some arent happy unless they're miserable...are try to pull others with them.

if the rams can figure out how to get into the playoffs, then great. if not, let's see them address the oline in the offseason and go from there. all worth it for last year's run and ring.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

if the rams can figure out how to get into the playoffs, then great. if not, let's see them address the oline in the offseason and go from there. all worth it for last year's run and ring.

I for one, would gladly trade 5 #1 draft picks to eventually win a Super Bowl. You know, like how the patriots would forfeit #1 picks to cheat and win super bowls.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I’ll be honest - the season is bugging me a bit; however, the Super Bowl win was awesome! So I’ll take some pain this year

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll be honest - the season is bugging me a bit; however, the Super Bowl win was awesome! So I’ll take some pain this year
Agreed.
The way we built our team was unequivocally skewed towards the high time preference end of the scale.
...but, we won the SB, so it worked.....we now have to deal with the pain.

Could be worse. We could be trophy-less.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

WTF ? If The Rams lose the price is building Offensive Line depth.

I For 1 don’t see The Rams addressing JACK to try to win in 2022.That is also adding insult to injury.

Have you seen The Rams schedule this season? The thing that is going to matter in the first half of the season is the 9ers in 3 weeks at SOFI.
I’d say that will basically dictate the season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed.
The way we built our team was unequivocally skewed towards the high time preference end of the scale.
...but, we won the SB, so it worked.....we now have to deal with the pain.

Could be worse. We could be trophy-less.

The crazy thing in The NFL this season is the NFC EAST

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I guess, getting there but kicked to open the season hurt. I’m especially sure since it was the Bills as well.

This Rams loss to Dallas is ALL Sean Mcvay!! He needs to do better.

Last season as well his play calling was questionable.

—I’d also say his lack special team consistency are Horrible.Hard to say,but getting 2 Punts Blocked in 5 games is SAD.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I guess, getting there but kicked to open the season hurt. I’m especially sure since it was the Bills as well.

—I’d also say his lack special team consistency are Horrible.Hard to say,but getting 2 Punts Blocked in 5 games is SAD.
ST is a huge problem this season - I agree! And watching the Bills and 9ers loss was bad enough. McVays play calling can be questionable but it usually finds rhythm - and the moment it isn’t there!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
ST is a huge problem this season - I agree! And watching the Bills and 9ers loss was bad enough. McVays play calling can be questionable but it usually finds rhythm - and the moment it isn’t there!

Rapp & RAMsey on Deebo was crap. You can’t let that guy get off or beat you period.
The Bills are tough.Mcvay not playing the offensive line at real speed before the season could be very questionable.
The question is if it is effective against injury,or does it add to creating injury.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Rapp & RAMsey on Deebo was crap. You can’t let that guy get off or beat you period.
The Bills are tough.Mcvay not playing the offensive line at real speed before the season could be very questionable.
The question is if it is effective against injury,or does it add to creating injury.
And now that Carolina have fired Rhule, we can expect the Panthers to be tough

tempests

Hall of Fame
Never cared for that catchphrase. Rams made good use of their draft picks. Both with the players they picked and the top talents they traded for.

If anything this franchise's "F them picks" era was Scott Linehan's. They F'd all their picks and they F'd themselves.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And now that Carolina have fired Rhule, we can expect the Panthers to be tough

Can you image what happens if The Rams lose this Sunday ? Saw the Niners & Carolina has a good defense. Add a couple weapons.
Baker is due to have a good game & if you can’t pressure him like most QB’s they can build confidence.

Pure Gut check for The Rams. This is supposed to be the easiest part of The Rams schedule & can’t go 2-4.

IMO this could be just a rebuilding season for The Rams.Still there winning ways under Mcvay is a must & a test of character for The Team(WE)!

Ellard80

Legend
Can you image what happens if The Rams lose this Sunday ? Saw the Niners & Carolina has a good defense. Add a couple weapons.
Baker is due to have a good game & if you can’t pressure him like most QB’s they can build confidence.

Pure Gut check for The Rams. This is supposed to be the easiest part of The Rams schedule & can’t go 2-4.

IMO this could be just a rebuilding season for The Rams.Still there winning ways under Mcvay is a must & a test of character for The Team(WE)!
baker out 4 weeks

Ellard80

Legend
Some people act like our philosophy has resulted in the superbowl and a bunch of failure...

we have been in the playoffs 4 of 5 years.... superbowl twice....

only year we missed playoffs we were 9-7

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's all perspective. The defense gave up 10 points. The offense coughed up 6 points and the punt team gave up 3 points.

This game was winnable. The whiners game was winnable. The only game where the Rams got steamrolled was against Buffalo.

Sure, McVay has some things to fix but I don't think the season is in the tank by a long shot.

I think McVay might have to play for conservative and let our defense keep us in games but that means no turnovers or special teams breakdowns.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some people act like our philosophy has resulted in the superbowl and a bunch of failure...

we have been in the playoffs 4 of 5 years.... superbowl twice....

only year we missed playoffs we were 9-7
This right here
Unless you want to compare to the cheating Patriots, teams in the salary cap era have down years. It happens
2 SB in 4 years? Winning 1?
You know how many teams would sign up for that?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's all perspective. The defense gave up 10 points. The offense coughed up 6 points and the punt team gave up 3 points.

This game was winnable. The whiners game was winnable. The only game where the Rams got steamrolled was against Buffalo.

Sure, McVay has some things to fix but I don't think the season is in the tank by a long shot.

I think McVay might have to play for conservative and let our defense keep us in games but that means no turnovers or special teams breakdowns.

Fair- last seasons was the same thing. The exception was more talent & leadership plus the normal fast start.

Like Mcvay says after a win or a lose. It’s on to Carolina.

My point is more about the schedule,then again the bye week could come at a great time?