Ex-Lions WR Young arrested twice in 15 hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
What a mess. I think it's safe to say he'll never play in the NFL again.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This is starting to sound like a call for help. Is there no one who knows and cares about this young man who can provide some proper mentoring and guidance?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Stranger said:
This is starting to sound like a call for help. Is there no one who knows and cares about this young man who can provide some proper mentoring and guidance?

THIS is what makes the story a sad one... his actions seem to be a cry for help... this story could have a very sad and definite ending unless someone steps in and shows him the way.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
shaunpinney said:
Stranger said:

THIS is what makes the story a sad one... his actions seem to be a cry for help... this story could have a very sad and definite ending unless someone steps in and shows him the way.
Sorry guys ,thousands upon thousands of guys with very similar stories exist who never got the chance to play in the NFL,I'll reserve my concern for the guys NOT blessed with ability that gets them a free 4 yr. education (if they utilize it) and a shot at playing a game for pay that millions do for free yadayadayada.
Put an L on his forehead and get him an interview at Burger King

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thordaddy said:
shaunpinney said:
Stranger said:

Sorry guys ,thousands upon thousands of guys with very similar stories exist who never got the chance to play in the NFL,I'll reserve my concern for the guys NOT blessed with ability that gets them a free 4 yr. education (if they utilize it) and a shot at playing a game for pay that millions do for free yadayadayada.
That is some cold-hearted shit right there. I guess Rush rubbed-off on you, or, was it the other way around?

Sorry, but my heart and compassion is still big enough show empathy for all the people that could use some help, including the bum on the corner that I speak to every wkend, those from the ghetto that can't seem to get out, and x-superstar NFL players who seem to never have been shown "the way"

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
shaunpinney said:
Stranger said:

I can not condone as you say putting an "L" on his head - he needs someone to reach out, give him a helping guiding hand. The line between greatness and failure is razor sharp Thor, you said it yourself - thousands upon thousands of guys have similar stories & backgrounds, but Titus was given a chance with free 4yr education, a chance to play in the NFL, with a big pay check - how do you think a young man is supposed to come with all of that? the media attention, the expectation etc especially if you don't have the strongest support network around you...

We're all human, we all make mistakes, and I have the same compassion and respect for the guy that brushes my street and for a sportsman no matter what sport. Just because one has been blessed by an athletic gift, does that make him flawless (or better) as a human being? No it does not.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Stranger said:
Thordaddy said:
shaunpinney said:
Stranger said:

That is some cold-hearted shyte right there. I guess Rush rubbed-off on you, or, was it the other way around?

Sorry, but my heart and compassion is still big enough show empathy for all the people that could use some help, including the bum on the corner that I speak to every wkend, those from the ghetto that can't seem to get out, and x-superstar NFL players who seem to never have been shown "the way"

+1

nighttrain

Legend
I have a difficult time with the issue of his sister being with him at the store where he played the fool, is the whole family dysfunctional?
train

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Stranger said:
Thordaddy said:
shaunpinney said:
Stranger said:

That is some cold-hearted shit right there. I guess Rush rubbed-off on you, or, was it the other way around?

Bets are and I DO mean BETS, he has had NUMEROUS people try to show him "the way".
He didn't drop here on earth able to run a 4.4 forty and get signed to an NFL contract.
NOW IF you want to say something nasty to me because I don't particularly think he's deserving on benefit of the doubt # 652 in his life ,g'head.
You full of concern for the guy? go do something for him ,if "someone needs to" are you "someone" ?go shower the guy with your compassion,you just won't have to wait in line behind me to do it. :ww:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
nighttrain said:
I have a difficult time with the issue of his sister being with him at the store where he played the fool, is the whole family dysfunctional?
train
If I had to guess I'd say he's had a life full of people making excuses for him ,and FWIW I don't consider that "helping" the guy.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thordaddy said:
Stranger said:
Thordaddy said:
shaunpinney said:
Stranger said:

Bets are and I DO mean BETS, he has had NUMEROUS people try to show him "the way".
He didn't drop here on earth able to run a 4.4 forty and get signed to an NFL contract.
NOW IF you want to say something nasty to me because I don't particularly think he's deserving on benefit of the doubt # 652 in his life ,g'head.
You full of concern for the guy? go do something for him ,if "someone needs to" are you "someone" ?go shower the guy with your compassion,you just won't have to wait in line behind me to do it. :ww:
My BET is he has been surrounded by many dysfunctional people as well as those who sought to exploit him or leverage his talents for their own gain. I severely doubt that anyone has tried to do the right thing for him, only for him.

Contrary to all the propaganda, people are not born bad, they have to be shown how to be that way.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm fairly certain that it is impossible to fix "stupid".

The fact that he was allowed to enter the Ram Organization ,,, but was almost IMMEDIATELY shown the door says all I need to know about this clown.

He does appear to be setting records off the field now. He's really something else.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Stranger said:
Contrary to all the propaganda, people are not born bad, they have to be shown how to be that way.

Have to disagree somewhat on that part. While I agree that the vast majority of people - and even the vast majority of criminals - aren't born evil, some people are born without a sense of empathy (psychopaths and sociopaths) and it's impossible for them to gain one. They just aren't able to show that awful side of them when they're very young. For example, read this story and the comments below it. I found them all to be quite intriguing:

http://perspectivesandprejudices.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/are-people-born-evil/

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stranger said:
Thordaddy said:
Stranger said:
Thordaddy said:
shaunpinney said:
Stranger said:

My BET is he has been surrounded by many dysfunctional people as well as those who sought to exploit him or leverage his talents for their own gain. I severely doubt that anyone has tried to do the right thing for him, only for him.

You're right of course they have to be shown how to be bad. But as well they can decide to stop being bad. This kid has been an asshat since high school and has had chances to turn it around. He's probably one of those morons who think his athletic ability will always get him off the hook when he acts like a turd. He's finding out the real cost is going to be millions and millions of dollars.

When he's broke and living under a bridge he will change his ways. Because he will have to. That's often how these kinda guys end up.....broke with no friends.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I have compassion for virtually anyone who demonstrates a level of compassion for others. Has this individual been surrounded by dysfunction his whole life? Maybe... probably. Has he had more chances to get out of that than the average Joe? Without question. Does anyone really think the Lions organization didn't try to help him? Does anyone think his college coaches and councilors didn't try to help him? Cry for help? Please.

So sorry guys. I am going to have to agree with Thor. This idiot deserves not one ounce of my sympathy or compassion. That bum on the street corner? Maybe so - as long as he isn't jumping in his SUV to drive home after a long day of pan handling between cashing his welfare checks. People deserve compassion. I'm right there with it. But sometimes, garbage needs to be thrown out. You can't help someone if they refuse to be helped. And there are plenty of deserving people that need our help and compassion. This dirt bag has already used up his allotment and then some.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Memento said:
Stranger said:

Have to disagree somewhat on that part. While I agree that the vast majority of people - and even the vast majority of criminals - aren't born evil, some people are born without a sense of empathy (psychopaths and sociopaths) and it's impossible for them to gain one. They just aren't able to show that awful side of them when they're very young. For example, read this story and the comments below it. I found them all to be quite intriguing:

http://perspectivesandprejudices.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/are-people-born-evil/
Yes, very true.

I should have been more clear in my post and said "'Normal' people are not born bad", where pscychopaths/sociopaths are NOT normal people. I've ever seen some research that shows that pscychopaths/sociopaths possess biologically different brains than normal people.

Thanks for the good catch, as this is certainly an important differentiator for people, including myself, to always be aware of.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Somewhere along the line of people trying to influence him, one of those taught him entitlement.

--His athletic ability entitled him to all sorts of things he didn't deserve yet.

--He was entitled to his skewed opinion of himself.

--An NFL player is entitled to so much more than the average person.

That no one has ever been able to disabuse him of these notions speaks to his level of delusion right now.

There should be middle ground between Thor (most people aren't hopeless) and Stranger (no one but Titus himself is going keep him out of trouble).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ram Quixote said:
Somewhere along the line of people trying to influence him, one of those taught him entitlement.

--His athletic ability entitled him to all sorts of things he didn't deserve yet.

That no one has ever been able to disabuse him of these notions speaks to his level of delusion right now.

There should be middle ground between Thor (most people aren't hopeless) and Stranger (no one but Titus himself is going keep him out of trouble).

There is middle ground but this guy may have already walked over it. He's been in trouble since high school. Maybe he's just a punk ass who has gotten excused for his turdley demeanor because he can play football real good.

Life isn't fair and he had a HUGE opportunity to tilt the not fair so far in his favor it isn't funny.

He tilted it the other way instead.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
LesBaker said:
Ram Quixote said:

There is middle ground but this guy may have already walked over it. He's been in trouble since high school. Maybe he's just a punk ass who has gotten excused for his turdley demeanor because he can play football real good.

Life isn't fair and he had a HUGE opportunity to tilt the not fair so far in his favor it isn't funny.

He tilted it the other way instead.
Kind a my point. It happened so early that entitlement is ingrained to the point that no one can reach him. Soon, his only friend will be the bottom of the barrel. Time will tell if even that makes a dent in his delusion.

I knew a guy back in the early 80's (friend of a friend) who had been a RB on the Falcons (injury ended his very short career). He admitted that he snorted his bonuses away, sort of regretfully, yet he and the friend were still doing coke right in front of me. So, yeah, some can't get out of their own way.