CELEBRATE !! Evil Trinity of Brady-Belichick-Kraft headed for critical mass?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Q729

Legend
Who cares what happens now. We have to live with all this bullshit talk of GOAT and unprecedented success attached to the Patriot brand 'til we die. Damage done.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
15eedc8160b80b31a8a68c8231fbae78--far-side-cartoons-cat-cartoons.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A source with knowledge of the ESPN report tells PFT that the ESPN report will not contend that Brady tried to force a trade. Beyond that, the specifics of the report aren’t currently known.
So in other words, Foolio is just trying to make some money , by writing an article about an un-Published report, of which he has No knowledge of the content of said report! Typical Foolio!!!:LOL::rolllaugh:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Somewhere Peter King is sobbing. :sneaky:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re-of-the-end-days-for-belichick-brady-kraft/

ESPN article paints picture of the end days for Belichick, Brady, Kraft
Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2018

In late November, Tom Brady offered up a bleak assessment of the divorces that ultimately occur between sports teams and their best players.

“I think there’s always these types of situations,” Brady told Jim Gray of Westwood One in the aftermath of the clumsy benching of Eli Manning by the Giants. “I think as a fan growing up, I mean to see Joe Montana playing in another uniform and again to see Jerry Rice or Ronnie Lott, you know, guys that I really looked up to and admired, there’s not many happy endings in sports, and you know that’s just the way it is.

You always wish for everything to go, you know, like a fairy tale but it doesn’t. Michael Jordan played for the Washington Wizards. I mean who would have ever believed that? And that’s just pro sports.”

The quote seemed odd, given that there are indeed fairy tale endings in sports, typically when a player or a coach wins a championship and walks off into the sunset. A new article from Seth Wickersham of ESPN.com could help explain why Brady would be thinking that even a sixth Super Bowl and an exit stage left wouldn’t be a “happy ending.”

The article, which we’ll be dissecting via a variety of articles throughout the day, suggests that the end is coming for the Patriots dynasty, as a result of what appears to be (based on the Wickersham report) very real tension and dysfunction between and among Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Kraft.

So sit back, grab your favorite warm (or cold . . . we won’t tell anyone) beverage and enjoy our take on the various facts and theories and angles that flow from Wickersham’s article.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rew-weary-of-belichicks-style-lack-of-praise/

Report: Tom Brady grew weary of Belichick’s style, lack of praise
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 5, 2018

For all the other issues percolating under the surface of this morning’s story by Seth Wickersham of ESPN, the clear sense that emerges is that while the professional relationship between Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick is good in that it is mutually beneficial, the personal relationship is either damaged or absent altogether.

Belichick being a demanding taskmaster is not news. He has long espoused a team-first/individual-last way of thinking, but Brady has apparently become more of a target of late.

Specific mention was made of Belichick lighting into Brady after a sloppy (18-of-38, two interception) performance against the Texans “in a way nobody had ever seen, ripping Brady for carelessness with the ball.”

“This will get us beat,” Belichick reportedly said, in front of the entire team. “We were lucky to get away with a win.”

But Brady has always been able to withstand the criticism, knowing that it comes as part of working with Belichick. Apparently that has changed as he’s aged. Citing Brady’s new reliance on “positive thinking,” it seems he has simply gotten tired of “Belichick’s negativity and cynicism.”

In a system where no player is bigger than the team, that even includes the star quarterback. But Brady has reportedly griped about the approach, and mentioned to others that he hasn’t won Belichick’s “Patriot of the Week” award all year.

That something so seemingly petty would trigger such a response from Brady seems unusual, considering the calmness he’s always projected. But as the story notes, this is an issue years in the making.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I couldn't make it past 2 paragraphs.

Espn have been slurping up the patriots since they cheated their way to beat the rams in suoerbowl 36.

I got you beat, I made it through "4" paragraphs!(y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/04/t...-belichick-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-robert-kraft

How Will The Patriots Dynasty End?
By CONOR ORR

There has been no more dominant force in football over the past 20 years than the New England Patriots. And while that success has allowed head coach Bill Belichick, quarterback Tom Brady and owner Robert Kraft the opportunity to cultivate their own legacies in the press, it has also brightly illuminated their scandals. That includes incidents both minor and major—from illegally videotaping opposing coaches’ signals in 2007 to charges of deflating the air from footballs before the AFC championship game in 2016.

Friday brings more breathless Patriots coverage. Here at the Morning Huddle, we try to set you up for your football day every weekday through the season. And there's little doubt the news cycle today will be dominated—all day—by a blockbuster story from ESPN's Seth Wickersham on a power struggle among the Patriots' power trio of Kraft, Belichick and Brady.

The story contains some juicy material about the sudden trade of Brady's backup, Jimmy Garoppolo, to the San Francisco 49ers on Oct. 30. The deal came after months of strong reporting from several reputable media members that Garoppolo was off limits and would not be dealt. The story also reports growing tension this year over Tom Brady’s personal trainer, the access he had to the team facility and the work he did on Patriots players.

On Thursday night, Boston Sports Media Watch broke the fact that the story was in the works. Make no mistake: Anything that even remotely hints at the end of the Patriot Dynasty is explosive. Once again, New England will rip its way through the playoff field with an unmistakable, five-ton elephant in the room. Only this time, the questions will be pointed at the heart of the franchise—something its biggest figures did personally to one another, and not to get ahead as a team.

Both Brady and Belichick have developed their own diversionary tactics with the media. One scowls, one plays dumb—though the act has lost its effectiveness over the last few years. Will they stick to the script when something so personal and precious is on the line? Today, and the next few weeks, will be fascinating to watch.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/05/tom-brady-bill-belichick-robert-kraft-new-england-patriots-espn

Turmoil Inside the Patriots? The Garoppolo Trade Could Be at the Heart of a Brady-Belichick-Kraft Rift
By ALBERT BREER

There are three main figures in the Patriots’ present. One owns the team. One coaches it. And one quarterbacks it.

And if we’re going to start in on the future of the franchise, and where we go in the wake of Friday’s bombshell report from ESPN’s Seth Wickersham, it has to begin there.

The owner, Robert Kraft, is clearly going nowhere. The quarterback, Tom Brady, isn’t either, not after the Jimmy Garoppolo trade that left Brady as the only long-term option for the team at the game’s most important position, and not with his desire, at 40, to play another half-decade in the NFL.

That leaves Belichick, 65 years old and the greatest coach in the sport’s history.

So here’s what I believe: Belichick didn’t want to deal Garoppolo but knew Kraft wouldn’t entertain the idea of trading Brady. And here’s the chain of events, as I know it …

• In a quarterback-starved market last spring (Mike Glennon was the top veteran available, Mitch Trubisky was the first QB drafted), the Patriots flatly told teams showing interest in Garoppolo that he wasn’t available. That made one team, already smitten with the QB, even more interested. “You respect so much the way the Patriots do things,” 49ers GM John Lynch told me last week, “the fact they weren’t willing to let [Garoppolo] go said something.”

• One reason the Patriots hung on to Garoppolo was a belief that they could keep Brady and Garoppolo together past 2017. Through the spring and summer there were attempts to get Garoppolo to agree to a new deal, and a willingness to carry two starting-quarterback-level contracts on their books.

The problem? They couldn’t give Garoppolo the one thing he wanted: playing time. Another solution would be franchise-tagging Garoppolo in 2018, which would be logistically difficult but could facilitate a trade. In fact, the Patriots pulled off such a trade in dealing Matt Cassel while he was tagged in 2009.

• The Patriots traded 2016 third-round pick Jacoby Brissett to Indianapolis for receiver Philip Dorsett, leaving the team without any depth at quarterback behind Garoppolo. That was on September 2 and wasn’t the move, on paper, of a team that knew it would have to move from its 25-year-old prodigy seven weeks later. Brissett has since acquitted himself well starting in Andrew Luck’s place for the Colts.

• The Niners/Patriots deal came together very quickly on Oct. 30, and other quarterback-needy teams, Cleveland in particular, were caught off-guard and miffed that a player of that value at that position was moved without being shopped. And Lynch and Kyle Shanahan had their man—a quarterback Shanahan showed affection for going back to the Niners’ personnel meetings last winter—for a second-round pick.

Simply put, Belichick’s legendary cutthroat style in managing his roster, and his laser focus on doing “what’s best for the football team,” don’t match up with the idea that he’d trade Brissett with knowledge that the sand was running out of the hourglass on the Brady/Garoppolo arrangement, or that he’d send Garoppolo off to San Francisco without first trying to maximize his value as an asset.

So why did Belichick go through with it? His respect for Shanahan is well-known, and so it’s easy to deduce that he knew Shanahan would get the most out of Garoppolo, and that would, in turn, put Belichick on the right side of history.

It’s been no secret within the Patriots organization, and for years, that Belichick wanted to usher the team into the post-Brady era and try to win a championship without him. As Garoppolo improved, the idea crystallized and became more and more plausible. The 2014 second-round pick went from project to heir apparent, and everyone had a pretty good idea of how good he would be.

In October, on the NBC Sports Boston’s Patriots Pregame show, we were discussing whether or not dealing Garoppolo was a good idea. I said that if he looked like, say, an Andy Dalton-level player, then you probably deal him. Then I said that if you think you have Aaron Rodgers on your hands, you do whatever you need to in order to keep him.

I couldn’t get through that thought without former Patriots linebacker Rob Ninkovich—Garoppolo’s teammate from the spring of 2014 to last summer—stopping me and saying, “I’m just telling you, Jimmy is really, really good.”

We’ve seen that since. And when I mentioned to one Patriots source how well Garoppolo was playing a couple weeks ago, the response I got was simple: “He’s going to do that for a long time.”

Bottom line: Belichick knew what he had, the bridge to the next era of the franchise, and he clung to it like Linus to his blanket in the spring. And then, he didn’t. (Wickersham reports that the Garoppolo move came after a contentious October meeting between Belichick and Kraft, the owner having met with Brady several times that month to discuss Brady’s future. According to the Wickersham story, Belichick was “furious and demoralized” over the “mandate” to trade Garoppolo.)

I don’t think this will all mean that Belichick’s gone in a few weeks. But with the strain on relationships inside the building—and the existing tension over what the post-Brady Patriots will look like—I absolutely believe all of this could accelerate Belichick’s departure, whenever it happens.

Like everything in the NFL, the greatest dynasty of the modern era, captained by the greatest quarterback ever and greatest coach ever, and overseen by a potential Hall of Fame owner, will eventually come to an end. We all knew it eventually would.

Now, we may be finding out how.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
So in other words, Foolio is just trying to make some money , by writing an article about an un-Published report, of which he has No knowledge of the content of said report! Typical Foolio!!!:LOL::rolllaugh:
This is so typical, reporters say they have knowledge of something but can't confirm it. This should have never been included in the article without a proven source behind it. This is another case of a journalist trying to look like they have the inside scoop, yet come out looking like a giant turd.

At this point, who cares about the Patriots. They were willing to win at all costs and you had to believe it was going to come crashing down at some point.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Belicheat and Tom Terrific are really just pissed because Kraft's girlfriend is way younger than their women. WAY younger.

Maybe the football gods are finally getting around to dealing with the cheaters after all.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This is so typical, reporters say they have knowledge of something but can't confirm it. This should have never been included in the article without a proven source behind it. This is another case of a journalist trying to look like they have the inside scoop, yet come out looking like a giant turd.

At this point, who cares about the Patriots. They were willing to win at all costs and you had to believe it was going to come crashing down at some point.

Yup. Plus it's BSPN and the PFT legal team.

andy-capp.jpg

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
What ticks me off is that the Niners slink away with Garrapolo in all this turmoil.

I’m not saying I buy into his anointing, but it still ticks me off.

...second rounder. :cautious:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
WOW. I mean, WOW. You can't make this stuff up. I'm buying what he says in this article. This TB12 crap is no different than that seltzer-water crap people sell, claiming miracles & relying completely on unproven theories and hopped-up testimonies. Tom has gotten deep into this crap, many people get sucked into stuff like this. He's no different, just the scale is breath-taking - franchising?? book sales???? his career is now tied to this side-business - when he underperforms, it doesn't just hurt his team, it undermines the whole TB12 aura, which is propped up by his performance. It's not about his team anymore. Talk about a locker-room drama. I'd be all over him if I were Bellicheck, but it sounds like he tried but lost out to Tom & Kraft. Bellicheat is making friends outside the team with whatever capital he has left. His exit plan is shaping up. Giving away Garypolo is just part of the overall scheme. Probably going to go the VP of team operations route somewhere else. Kraft & Tom will be left on an island with no legacy QB waiting in the wings to take over. The team WILL implode, back to the 90's patriots of Bledsoe fame.
But the collateral damage is, yes, Garypolo is now in our division. Patriots keep on stickin it to us. sigh.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Here it is if anyone cares to read the whole thing. I'm just ticked that the Patriots traded a good QB to a division rival because of the massive egos between Kraft, Belicheat, and Brady. That team never fails to find a way to tick me off year in and year out.

Lol I'm fine with that, especially if leads to regressing back to their 80s/90s losing culture

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I dunno if there's a prettier picture in all of sports then when Dumervil de-cleated Brady and drove him into the turf.

I could watch that gif for hours just gigglin'...

Edit: I dunno how he didn't break Brady's arm. You can see his arm bone seriously flex. Bones aren't supposed to do that.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bleacher Report writer is now saying Belicjick wants out after the season so he can coach the Giants. I think he should go back to the Browns. Their fans deserve to start seeing a winning team on the field.