Every Hill Rams pass

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wonderboy

Rookie
This is a great discussion and is helping my emotional wounds heal. I'll knock back another drink (time to open another case, it's 5:00 somewhere) to Hill turning into the starter he always thought he should have been. Go Rams!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a great discussion and is helping my emotional wounds heal. I'll knock back another drink (time to open another case, it's 5:00 somewhere) to Hill turning into the starter he always thought he should have been. Go Rams!

It's 7:45pm here if that helps any :cheers:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's the great thing that Hill offers and has always offered, he has a tremendous sense of timing when it comes to his throws. He gets the ball out on time and does a great job of anticipating the WR coming open. He does not have a strong arm but he has very good touch and solid accuracy. He also moves well in the pocket and has some mobility.

He's a large upgrade on Clemens. I was excited when we signed him during the off-season because the guy is a solid QB. My expectations for him are something in the range of 3500 yards, 20 TDs, 14 Ints and a 83-85 QB Rating. He's not going to keep this team from winning games(like Clemens did at times) but he also doesn't have the potential that Sam did to be a difference maker.

For all those Mike Martz people out there, Mike Martz LOVED Shaun Hill when he was in SF. Shaun is a bit like Warner in the way he plays and throws the ball.(albeit a very poor man's Warner) He doesn't have a cannon but his touch, timing, and anticipation make him an effective WR. He's also not afraid to throw it up or go deep. We could certainly do worse at QB.

TShram03

UDFA
I like his mobility and decent arm. I just wish he could put more heat on it over the middle like some of Bradford's throws I saw.

That's the one glaring difference I see. Arm strength on the fastball. Who's affected most by that? Cookie in the seam? Quick and Britt on the deep dig?

Otherwise Hill is a capable backup with some accuracy, moxie and the experience to understand the strengths/weaknesses within his game and his fellow offensive players.

I think the biggest loss with Bradford is a few explosive plays thanks to his fastball. But maybe this is a blessing in disguise for Tavon. May require a few more looks on the short crossing patterns and plays out of the backfield.

Just spitballin'

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
That's the one glaring difference I see. Arm strength on the fastball. Who's affected most by that? Cookie in the seam? Quick and Britt on the deep dig?

Otherwise Hill is a capable backup with some accuracy, moxie and the experience to understand the strengths/weaknesses within his game and his fellow offensive players.

I think the biggest loss with Bradford is a few explosive plays thanks to his fastball. But maybe this is a blessing in disguise for Tavon. May require a few more looks on the short crossing patterns and plays out of the backfield.

Just spitballin'
I'm putting this on Schotty. he better not pull that dink and dunk bullshit just cus Bradford's done. like fisher said the game plan better stay the same. with our D and Special teams we should be able to give Hill a short field to work with.

TShram03

UDFA
I'm putting this on Schotty. he better not pull that dink and dunk bullcrap just cus Bradford's done. like fisher said the game plan better stay the same. with our D and Special teams we should be able to give Hill a short field to work with.

I agree 100%

And I think Hill is capable to operate the entire playbook.

Mike Martz said he regrets thinking he needed to restrict Hill cuz he was a backup in SF. Learned by the time they reunited in Detroit and Hill delivered the numbers.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I said this yesterday and I truly believe... we will be just fine with Hill. We might miss the playoffs again, but we will be a respectable team. It' still, IMHO about injuries to the OL. Not really thrilled with our depth there. Let's hop we have suffered our worse injury losses and can move on.

And we DO need a back up QB. Can you imagine if S.Hill goes down in say week 5 or 6? And we are sitting at or near .500 ? Y'all have that much faith in Davis? Not me. No trades ... but get the best guy you can after the cut downs.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
The thing I noticed first was he ain't "burpin the baby" in there. Once he gets to the top of his drop the ball comes out. Don't know if his reads are always correct, but he is decisive with the ball.
Who knows Fisher has had success with veteran QB's before(Kerry Collins).

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
hes only 35 years old... what could go wrong?
Does concern me a bit.
Though, I have seen some QBs have some of their best years close to, or over 40.
Moon and Cunningham for example.
The game is easier to manage for the guys that have been in the league a while. Brad Johnson sat some 6-7 years before getting an opportunity. He had some good years as well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I said this yesterday and I truly believe... we will be just fine with Hill. We might miss the playoffs again, but we will be a respectable team. It' still, IMHO about injuries to the OL. Not really thrilled with our depth there. Let's hop we have suffered our worse injury losses and can move on.

And we DO need a back up QB. Can you imagine if S.Hill goes down in say week 5 or 6? And we are sitting at or near .500 ? Y'all have that much faith in Davis? Not me. No trades ... but get the best guy you can after the cut downs.
I'm ok with this. I certainly don't want to give up any high draft picks to rent a guy.
I also want to try to win it all this year. If there is a guy that would improve our chances over Hill, the deal should be done.
Either way. I want a competitive, mean, football team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Looks a little like Bulger in his delivery...except slower.

It's amazing what people say after Davis and the Rams just took it to the Browns # 1's.. He should have had 3 TD's had it not been for a good play in the end-zone.. The sky is falling..

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It's amazing what people say after Davis and the Rams just took it to the Browns # 1's.. He should have had 3 TD's had it not been for a good play in the end-zone.. The sky is falling..

Look .. one good half ... or a decent PS game or 2 in 3 yrs, is not what I want to count on in the middle of the season. Davis has been up and down for 2 previous yrs and his camp reports this season have not been all that great. So ... you want to trust him as the man if Hill goes down? Really?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
7/15 154 yards 2 TD's No Int
With Hill in Pre season... I pray it translates to being a good game manager with occasion shots and not turning the ball over. Thank God a schotty offense is condusive to running the ball

A.J. Smith

UDFA
Name
A.J.
I only saw one bad throw.
Dude looks good.

I would say I only saw two really bad throws, one of which seemed like a throwaway. I thought he made a couple really nice throws that were dropped, ie. Quick dropped TD on Saturday. Our defense is good. I have not lost hope completely. If he sucks, we lose enough games to draft Mariota hopefully.

RamzFanz

Damnit
34 is not old for a good QB. McCown is the same age and just landed a starting spot. It's not the years in but the wear on the tires.

I'm looking forward to next week and week 1 to REALLY make me believe what I just typed.

Dr180

UDFA
He gets rid of the ball quick as heck. I don't see him taking too many sacks. He looks like he makes quick decisions. Add that to his anticipation and ball placement I don't see why we can't be contenders this year.