Every Hill Rams pass

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexRamFan

Rookie
Thanks for the post. I am just glad Hill has a week + to work with the 1's. He has tools that Clemens lacked and can still sling the ball. Let's not give up hope yet on the season.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I like his mobility and decent arm. I just wish he could put more heat on it over the middle like some of Bradford's throws I saw.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Damn he takes a lot of shots downfield. I really like Hill and never understood why he hasn't been a full time starter. He's a top 25 QB in this league and probably top 15 in accuracy. Thanks for the video dude.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
He looked great v Saints. Thanks for putting that together - it made me feel better!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He looked just as good as any other second string QB has done in the PS. In the short term, I think he is a sufficient solution.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Hill has been one of the best backups in football for several seasons now. This is much, much better than having Kellen Clemens.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Defenses will pay if they sell out to try to stop the run or get sucked up playing too tight, his shots downfield can keep CBs honest. Really the only thing that separates him from starter level is that little flutter on his ball. But you can see he has a good feel of the pocket and reading defenses (like how on the throws where it looks like it's behind the receiver it's actually the right spot to hit against that zone and the WRs need to learn to sit on their pattern in those cases). That lack of zip requires extra timing with his receivers, not the end of the world but certainly will lead to more incompletions especially if the WRs struggle getting out of their stance. Thanks for putting this together, reinforces he's definitely a step up from Clemens.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I only saw one bad throw.
Dude looks good.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Thanks to @Rams and Gators for the video!

Is what it is, right? He looks fine. I wish he had a little more pop on his throws like Bradford (as @Robocop said). I don't think he could have thrown that 3rd and 25 throw on a rope that Bradford threw to Britt. He didn't have that snap on the swing passes, where that extra 1/4 second the ball is in the air is just that much less time that the receiver has to turn and make a move. Same on the deep out to Kendricks, the dig to Givens. That's a staple throw for Bradford. Just a lot of throws felt really lofty (and not just the deep back shoulder fades).

That said, Hill has been around for a while, and you don't stick around like this without knowing how to play. He knows his strengths and weaknesses, he knows how to throw a catchable ball that doesn't get his receivers killed. Sooooo... here's hoping.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I like his footwork. I like that he puts the ball up against single coverage.

A55VA6

Legend
I like it. He looks pretty good. Excited to go forward with him this season.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Shaun Hill is younger than Josh McCown and has better career numbers. I've said it before...if Tampa believes they are a contending team with McCown why shouldn't we believe that with Hill? Very similar situation if you ask me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just a lot of throws felt really lofty (and not just the deep back shoulder fades).
Not entirely irrelevant, but sometimes I can't understand how Peyton Manning doesn't get intercepted 10 times per game with how much air is under all of his passes. When your timing and anticipation is that great, you can get away with that I guess.

Athos

Legend
Hill will never be confused for a QB who can fit it into a tight window with some heat on it, but the dude puts on the ball ON YOU.

Nearly every one of those passes gave the WR a shot. Sure, some would have been a circus catch, but most really gave the WR a chance.

With Britt and hopefully the continued emergence of Quick, we can afford those passes with their physical attributes. The ball is either on the WR or away enough from the DB it won't be an INT.

Clemmens with accuracy. Though, Hill probably moves better than CK as well.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is great! Thanks!

Dude is calm and makes good decisions. Doesn't have the Bradford laser but is pretty damn accurate. If you have "fight for the ball" receivers like the Rams do now, he's a gem.