ESPN's Mike Sando Talks NFL Quarterback Tiers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
confused.gif
Oh, that makes me feel better. LOL

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Andrew Luck posted eerily similar stats to Sam's last full season when he didn't have Pro-Bowl receiver Reggie Wayne.

Just sayin'...

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Andrew Luck posted eerily similar stats to Sam's last full season when he didn't have Pro-Bowl receiver Reggie Wayne.

Just sayin'...
So you're saying that Sam should be in the top tier of this futile exercise as well?

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
The period in between mid-February and early August is where "the narrative" of football takes over completely.

"The narrative" is that there is such a thing as tiering of quarterbacks in a vacuum without team and context and power rankings by talking heads and that they actually matter when faced with "the game" of football.

Weekdays during the season, we are also confronted with "the narrative" and then are gloriously washed down on Sundays, Monday and Thursday nights and reminded, "oh yeah, the narrative doesn't mean diddly. The game is really all the matters."

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm sure if this was done after Sam's 1st year he'd be much higher... lets see what this season brings.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Can't say I agree with Kaperdick's rating either. Really didn't play that well last year despite not really being required to do much. This quote in particular is not really true

"He has kind of revolutionized some stuff."

He's hardly the first guy to run after his first option is covered while benefiting from a powerful defense and run game. Don't see the revolution there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The period in between mid-February and early August is where "the narrative" of football takes over completely.

"The narrative" is that there is such a thing as tiering of quarterbacks in a vacuum without team and context and power rankings by talking heads and that they actually matter when faced with "the game" of football.

Weekdays during the season, we are also confronted with "the narrative" and then are gloriously washed down on Sundays, Monday and Thursday nights and reminded, "oh yeah, the narrative doesn't mean diddly. The game is really all the matters."
Truth.

And these tiers are going to get shuffled weekly this year, I presume.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Truth.

And these tiers are going to get shuffled weekly this year, I presume.

Weekly? Ain't nobody got time for that. The Bengals just went up 17-10 in the third quarter, Andy Dalton needs to be upgraded in Joe Blowski's quarterback tiering ASAP. It's effecting my enjoyment of the game.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Not sure why you'd think the Patriots would fall to pieces if Brady wasn't there. They won 11 games with Matt Cassel. They drafted Brady in the later rounds and won games with a guy who hadn't played since high school. I think they'll be able to find another QB when the time comes.
Because not everybody is Matt Cassel....just takes a bit of disfunction to create chaos

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Not sure I've ever seen us ranked this high with the OL. It's not surprising, though.