ESPN's Mike Sando Talks NFL Quarterback Tiers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I would take Bradford over any QB in the west. I know that may sound like "homer" talk, but if he had CK's weapons, he would at least be Alex Smith good. I just can't wait until the 69er's feel the weight of that awful contract!

I don't know if I have ever seen a QB do less with more than Kaepernick, they have had the best team in the league for 2 years, but the window is about to get slammed shut.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Counting down the days till Brady retires and the Pats turn into shite! And then Billicheat will more and likely leave aferwards after a few fail seasons....
Retire Brady and focus on a family with Gisselle

moklerman

Warner-phile
Counting down the days till Brady retires and the Pats turn into shite! And then Billicheat will more and likely leave aferwards after a few fail seasons....
Retire Brady and focus on a family with Gisselle
Not sure why you'd think the Patriots would fall to pieces if Brady wasn't there. They won 11 games with Matt Cassel. They drafted Brady in the later rounds and won games with a guy who hadn't played since high school. I think they'll be able to find another QB when the time comes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My opinion of those guys isn't in comparison to Bradford.

I just find the praise of those three a tad over the top. They "get credit" for things while ignoring some significant flaws in their game. Albeit, this piece actually points them out in Kap and Wilson.

Well, first off one guy Wilson was instrumental in leading his team to their first Super Bowl ever so I don't discount that at all and I know you and I disagree on Kaepernick and I pray ever year that you are right about him, but IMO he is really difficult to game plan for. You only have to watch D'Marco Farr talk about chasing Steve McNair and on the last play of the Super Bowl Farr was relieved that McNair actually threw the football. It just puts so much more pressure on a defense when the QB can take off and run and in Kapernick's case run faster than just about everyone you have on defense.

Hey in the end yes every quarterback has flaws, but I would take my chances against a pocket passer any day then someone that can not only extend the play, but actually break your back. Guess as a kid I watched too much of Tarkenton and Staubach doing to the Rams and playing defensive tackle in High School, Air Force and Division III college I hated chasing down a QB and took a few penalties to extra curricular activities because if I was running a long way somebody was going to get hit.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Not sure why you'd think the Patriots would fall to pieces if Brady wasn't there. They won 11 games with Matt Cassel. They drafted Brady in the later rounds and won games with a guy who hadn't played since high school. I think they'll be able to find another QB when the time comes.

You may wanna dig a little deeper senor moklerman and just check out the pats schedule that particular year (talk about weak) if you think for two seconds their world doesn't revolve around Tom Brady, then I'd have to most respectfully disagree with you.

RamWoodie

Legend
I really never pay attention to such things. In my mind the issue is what weapons does each QB have? That's paramount because unless each QB has the same talent...it's all subjective.

Sam has all the tools! He's more mobile than many give him credit for...and this year, I think he goes in with the best WR corps he has had since entering the league.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I really never pay attention to such things. In my mind the issue is what weapons does each QB have? That's paramount because unless each QB has the same talent...it's all subjective.

Sam has all the tools! He's more mobile than many give him credit for...and this year, I think he goes in with the best WR corps he has had since entering the league.

Way more mobile, never have understood those claiming Sam Bradford is a sitting duck, dude is at his best throwing off the run in my simple opinion.

By "many" I can only reference some "old...guy" and his minions on a troll invested sad site that's not even worthy of mention here.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not a bad article, but Sam is better than a lot of guys listed ahead of him...just hasn't had the same opportunities. He WILL prove it. All of these ratings mean nothing, BTW. In the end, you are judged by W's and L's, and that is what Sam is battling right now. People don't care about your coaching, or system, or team around you.

moklerman

Warner-phile
You may wanna dig a little deeper senor moklerman and just check out the pats schedule that particular year (talk about weak) if you think for two seconds their world doesn't revolve around Tom Brady, then I'd have to most respectfully disagree with you.
Heck, even Bledsoe won a playoff game for them before they got rid of him. There's nothing to indicate that Belichick and the Patriots can't have success with a QB other than Brady.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

They will just radio in to their next QB the opposing defenses play calls, and he will do well too, knowing exactly what the coverage will be. Brady is nothing special without the cheating, which will not stop any time soon.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not a bad article, but Sam is better than a lot of guys listed ahead of him...just hasn't had the same opportunities. He WILL prove it. All of these ratings mean nothing, BTW. In the end, you are judged by W's and L's, and that is what Sam is battling right now. People don't care about your coaching, or system, or team around you.

And that's the sad reality of what we see/hear on TV.

Instead of lists like this truly taking into account the talent of the individual (these are lists about the individual after all) these "experts" come off not very astute.

AZRamsFan93

Way more mobile, never have understood those claiming Sam Bradford is a sitting duck, dude is at his best throwing off the run in my simple opinion.

I think Sam throws quite well when on a planned roll out. It is not about athletic ability.

He struggles mightily when the play breaks down and he is forced to scramble. He is not good at all when he needs to extend plays, especially getting the ball downfield.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think Sam throws quite well when on a planned roll out. It is not about athletic ability.

He struggles mightily when the play breaks down and he is forced to scramble. He is not good at all when he needs to extend plays, especially getting the ball downfield.

Some of that is him, and some of that is our WRs absolute failure to work to the football after a play breaks down. The high cost of having no veteran WR IMO. But you can tell that he prefers not to do that.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Why is Luck is in the top 5? You've got 2 SB quarterbacks in tier 2, but he's in the top 5 mostly on potential.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Seems like a breath of fresh air from a well known member. Thank you!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Seems like a breath of fresh air from a well known member. Thank you!
I wonder if I'm the only one who giggles internally when I see the phrase "Well-Known Member".

Part of me is still 13.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
A lot of high praise for a lot of babies relative of this league. Revisit in 3 years bitches.
The previous post was in reply to this. Sorry Phx if I'm getting all the PM sent to you. Axe me if I'm ready for it. I never made it into the Elks either. I know rejection. :unsure:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The previous post was in reply to this. Sorry Phx if I'm getting all the PM sent to you. Axe me if I'm ready for it. I never made it into the Elks either. I know rejection. :unsure:
confused.gif