ESPN LA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

socalrams90

Starter
If you listened between 2-3 pm PST, I believe that’s the time Mason and Ireland do their “Fast Track” segment. They talk about random topics, many of them not sports related.

And I just have to reply in general because I think this narrative about “ESPN LA doesn’t talk about the Rams” is false, or at the very least overblown. Just like I talked about weeks ago, the Rams coverage increased once the Dodgers playoff run ended. I usually listen the the podcasts of ESPN’s radio shows the day of (they usually post within 20-30 minutes of the end of an hour) instead of listening to live radio during my commute. After the MNF game against the Chiefs, ESPN LA shows talked almost exclusively about the Rams the entire day and even later in the week. Even in the week leading up to that game, the station extensively talked about the Rams and the game being moved back to LA. For each of the weeks since the Dodgers playoff run ended, the morning show and Mason and Ireland usually started off their show talking about the Rams even if the Lakers had a game the day before.

It’s fine if someone doesn’t like a particular show or host, but as I’ve pointed out in the past- one of the morning show’s host does the Rams pre and postgame, and Mason is a Rams season ticket holder and lifelong Rams fan. They talk about them a lot.

If people don’t believe me, I would recommend listening to the podcast of these shows so you can judge for yourselves. Of the shows on ESPN LA, the morning show talks about the Rams the most. Mason and Ireland talk about them second most. I don’t know about the Sedano show since I don’t listen to it.

I sound like a total ESPN LA homer, but believe me I’m not. When I lived in the Bay Area I used to bitch all the time about the Bay Area radio’s lack of coverage about the Cal football program during the peak of the Jeff Tedford era (they talked about the Giants all day every day). So I have no problem complaining about a lack of coverage if it’s warranted. However, it simply isn’t accurate IMO to say that the Rams aren’t being adequately covered here in LA.

Edit: as an additional point of evidence - notice how there weren’t any threads complaining about local radio coverage during the time periods I mentioned above (after the Dodgers run ended and especially around the Chiefs game)

This. I listen to ESPN LA almost every day and every show starts off with Rams as the opening segment, especially since the dodgers lost the WS. D'marco Farr is constantly on the morning show, Mcvay on the Ireland show, and Hekker has been on Sedano show the last few weeks.

Also "Rams All Access" and "Coach Mcvay show" are awesome. Les Snead was on this weeks Coaches show, worth a listen. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/17556757

OK, so help me here... I don't do "podcasts"... how do I access all this great coverage on podcasts? All I saw was once a week... where is all this other stuff? Help?

http://www.espn.com/losangeles/radio/sectional?page=podcasts

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm sick of hearing this... the city doesn't deserve an NFL franchise that is a winner. Not if they're not willing to support them.

Who cares, really? How long ago was that? It's 2018... the Rams are 11-1... they are at the top of the most popular sport in the world... they just clinched a second consecutive Division title... tell me how some National Championships from decades ago is related to what the Rams are doing TODAY?

Again, I'm sick of this as an excuse. Yeah... I understood that first year back... they stunk and it was new. Made sense.
But it's been TWO years of success. This year building on last year's success even more.

And yet, bastard child syndrome when it comes to radio coverage.

It's just plain wrong... the media in that city doesn't deserve the Rams. Let them fester with their "average" NBA team and the "Superstar" who won't be able to get them a championship anyway.

Not realistic but... I wish they had a radio station that provided coverage commensurate with their current success.
It was the same when the Rams were making the playoffs every year under John Robinson.....Lakers and Dodgers dominated the talk.
It's just how it is.
May change over time.
Honestly it's funny the talk isn't more diverse.
It's a city (including OC) that has a pro football team, 2 MLB teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 NHL team and least one MLS team, USC, UCLA......and the Chargers.
As a talk show guy it should be golden.
But they seem to hyper focus on one or two things. I could never decide if it is because they think their audience is dumb or if the hosts are lazy and don't want to have to keep up with 10 different things.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sick of hearing this... the city doesn't deserve an NFL franchise that is a winner. Not if they're not willing to support them.

Who cares, really? How long ago was that? It's 2018... the Rams are 11-1... they are at the top of the most popular sport in the world... they just clinched a second consecutive Division title... tell me how some National Championships from decades ago is related to what the Rams are doing TODAY?

Again, I'm sick of this as an excuse. Yeah... I understood that first year back... they stunk and it was new. Made sense.
But it's been TWO years of success. This year building on last year's success even more.

It's just plain wrong... the media in that city doesn't deserve the Rams. Let them fester with their "average" NBA team and the "Superstar" who won't be able to get them a championship anyway.

Not realistic but... I wish they had a radio station that provided coverage commensurate with their current success.[/QUOTE

Not realistic but... I wish they had a radio station that provided coverage commensurate with their current success.
I don’t live there so I’m not really affected much. I am surprised the Rams aren’t covered much. But I’m not surprised basketball is. Let’s win a super bowl and see what happens.

Ram77

Rookie
The problem is Ireland is a basketball guy/Lakers play by play guy on 710-so of course his knowledge is centered around that. He doesnt know much about the Rams or football in general. So I get frustratrd when he talks about the Rams anyways because he doesnt know what hes talking about (all him and Mason do is speculate about things-from a fans perspective and it gets old quick). Also in the morning show listening to Keyshawn Johnson talk about anything is annoying much less the Rams. He is anti-Rams and hard to listen to. The new guy on that show does know his stuff (Travis) and the only one I enjoy listening to when he speaks about the Rams. And Sedano again is a basketball/NBA guy and his knowledge is in that area.