ESPN LA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So... the Rams win the NFC West for the second year in a row.

My drive home takes around 45 mins to an hour.

For all but the last 5 minutes, all these clowns talked about was The Lakers and Labron. It was the useless Mason and Ireland show.

I mean... seriously.

When the Rams hosted that (moved) MNF game and invited First Responders and everything... the media had us believe they were making inroads toward increasing awareness and support from the entire city.

All the Rams do is win... win games... win Divisions. The Lakers are third in their Division and not expected to vie for the NBA championship.

I can see coverage on the Rams waning toward the middle/end of the week. But the Monday after they clinch the Division... with an 11-1 NFL best record?

Give me a break!!!!!! :wabbit::shooting::double::huh::puke::headexplosion::boxing::fuelfire:

Is there any other radio station that covers the Rams? Are they on any app (Radio.com, TuneIn Radio, iHeart Radio)?

Help... I'm so sick of tuning in on a Monday and getting next to no Rams info and 95% Labron. Lakers aren't going anywhere significant!!!

(one note of fairness: I live in the Central Time Zone, so I'm not hitting prime time coverage... but it's still 2:00 - 3:00 there. Can't we get anything on a Monday after a clinch and win?)

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Just download a podcast or something I guess. Radio is becoming irrelevant, anyway.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Mason and Ireland? I'm shocked they were talking about sports at all.
They're usually too busy pushing their political agendas.
I cant stand either one of them

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any other stations out there?

Antonius

Pro Bowler
ESPN actually has a weekly Rams dedicated podcast called “Rams all-access” co-hosted by Demarco Farr. It’s not 24/7 coverage, but most teams don’t have their own podcast on ESPN.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ESPN actually has a weekly Rams dedicated podcast called “Rams all-access” co-hosted by Demarco Farr. It’s not 24/7 coverage, but most teams don’t have their own podcast on ESPN.
Thanks...

Just checked it... last one was 11/15? And it's only once a week?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The only ones who talk much about the Rams are Fred Rogin and Rodney Peete who come on am570 at noon. Or yy can try am1090 out of San Deigo, comes in kinda weak in LA but they give the Rams more time than any other LA sports station.
Pizzes me off no end how much they talk about the freaking Lakers and Lebron this and Lebron that. they're all waiting in line to:jerkoff: him.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
They upload the show the Saturday before the game, and recap the previous week. They were off this past week because of the bye.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only ones who talk much about the Rams are Fred Rogin and Rodney Peete who come on am570 at noon. Or yy can try am1090 out of San Deigo, comes in kinda weak in LA but they give the Rams more time than any other LA sports station.
Pizzes me off no end how much they talk about the freaking Lakers and Lebron this and Lebron that. they're all waiting in line to:jerkoff: him.
Thanks!
The Mighty 1090 is on TuneIn Radio... and AM570 is on iHeart Radio.

I'll give them a try... can't be worse than the Lebron whackoff session I tune into every day on ESPN LABRON

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They upload the show the Saturday before the game, and recap the previous week. They were off this past week because of the bye.
Thanks... I'll wait to see an updated one and give it a go. (y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
L.A. is a basketball city. Even back when they had the Rams the first time, BBall was the first love. I'll never understand it. I can't get into it. It's so repetitive and boring to watch. Football offers so much more.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
L.A. is a basketball city. Even back when they had the Rams the first time, BBall was the first love. I'll never understand it. I can't get into it. It's so repetitive and boring to watch. Football offers so much more.
Bruins 7 straight national championships and 9 in 10 years had something to do with it. If Alcindor had been allowed to play Varsity as a freshman in 1966, it might have been 10 straight.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just download a podcast or something I guess. Radio is becoming irrelevant, anyway.
This. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in like 10 years. Highly recommend podcasts and a Sirius subscription for NFL Radio..... And Howard Stern.

fearsomefour

Legend
If you're in LA how are you surprised by this?
Before theRams went back to LA I was saying LA has always been a baseball town and a Lakers town.
I haven't lived in So Cal in a quarter century and nothing has changed.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, being a Laker fan too I guess I would have been fine with that.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The only thing I listen to on local radio, way out here in the sticks, is local high school games. Otherwise it's Sirius/XM for everything else.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
L.A. is a basketball city.
I'm sick of hearing this... the city doesn't deserve an NFL franchise that is a winner. Not if they're not willing to support them.

Bruins 7 straight national championships and 9 in 10 years had something to do with it. If Alcindor had been allowed to play Varsity as a freshman in 1966, it might have been 10 straight.
Who cares, really? How long ago was that? It's 2018... the Rams are 11-1... they are at the top of the most popular sport in the world... they just clinched a second consecutive Division title... tell me how some National Championships from decades ago is related to what the Rams are doing TODAY?

Before the Rams went back to LA I was saying LA has always been a baseball town and a Lakers town.
Again, I'm sick of this as an excuse. Yeah... I understood that first year back... they stunk and it was new. Made sense.
But it's been TWO years of success. This year building on last year's success even more.

And yet, bastard child syndrome when it comes to radio coverage.

It's just plain wrong... the media in that city doesn't deserve the Rams. Let them fester with their "average" NBA team and the "Superstar" who won't be able to get them a championship anyway.

Not realistic but... I wish they had a radio station that provided coverage commensurate with their current success.

Bearrister

Rookie
So... the Rams win the NFC West for the second year in a row.

My drive home takes around 45 mins to an hour.

For all but the last 5 minutes, all these clowns talked about was The Lakers and Labron. It was the useless Mason and Ireland show.

I mean... seriously.

When the Rams hosted that (moved) MNF game and invited First Responders and everything... the media had us believe they were making inroads toward increasing awareness and support from the entire city.

All the Rams do is win... win games... win Divisions. The Lakers are third in their Division and not expected to vie for the NBA championship.

I can see coverage on the Rams waning toward the middle/end of the week. But the Monday after they clinch the Division... with an 11-1 NFL best record?

Give me a break!!!!!! :wabbit::shooting::double::huh::puke::headexplosion::boxing::fuelfire:

Is there any other radio station that covers the Rams? Are they on any app (Radio.com, TuneIn Radio, iHeart Radio)?

Help... I'm so sick of tuning in on a Monday and getting next to no Rams info and 95% Labron. Lakers aren't going anywhere significant!!!

(one note of fairness: I live in the Central Time Zone, so I'm not hitting prime time coverage... but it's still 2:00 - 3:00 there. Can't we get anything on a Monday after a clinch and win?)

If you listened between 2-3 pm PST, I believe that’s the time Mason and Ireland do their “Fast Track” segment. They talk about random topics, many of them not sports related.

And I just have to reply in general because I think this narrative about “ESPN LA doesn’t talk about the Rams” is false, or at the very least overblown. Just like I talked about weeks ago, the Rams coverage increased once the Dodgers playoff run ended. I usually listen the the podcasts of ESPN’s radio shows the day of (they usually post within 20-30 minutes of the end of an hour) instead of listening to live radio during my commute. After the MNF game against the Chiefs, ESPN LA shows talked almost exclusively about the Rams the entire day and even later in the week. Even in the week leading up to that game, the station extensively talked about the Rams and the game being moved back to LA. For each of the weeks since the Dodgers playoff run ended, the morning show and Mason and Ireland usually started off their show talking about the Rams even if the Lakers had a game the day before.

It’s fine if someone doesn’t like a particular show or host, but as I’ve pointed out in the past- one of the morning show’s host does the Rams pre and postgame, and Mason is a Rams season ticket holder and lifelong Rams fan. They talk about them a lot.

If people don’t believe me, I would recommend listening to the podcast of these shows so you can judge for yourselves. Of the shows on ESPN LA, the morning show talks about the Rams the most. Mason and Ireland talk about them second most. I don’t know about the Sedano show since I don’t listen to it.

I sound like a total ESPN LA homer, but believe me I’m not. When I lived in the Bay Area I used to bitch all the time about the Bay Area radio’s lack of coverage about the Cal football program during the peak of the Jeff Tedford era (they talked about the Giants all day every day). So I have no problem complaining about a lack of coverage if it’s warranted. However, it simply isn’t accurate IMO to say that the Rams aren’t being adequately covered here in LA.

Edit: as an additional point of evidence - notice how there weren’t any threads complaining about local radio coverage during the time periods I mentioned above (after the Dodgers run ended and especially around the Chiefs game)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you listened between 2-3 pm PST, I believe that’s the time Mason and Ireland do their “Fast Track” segment. They talk about random topics, many of them not sports related.

And I just have to reply in general because I think this narrative about “ESPN LA doesn’t talk about the Rams” is false, or at the very least overblown. Just like I talked about weeks ago, the Rams coverage increased once the Dodgers playoff run ended. I usually listen the the podcasts of ESPN’s radio shows the day of (they usually post within 20-30 minutes of the end of an hour) instead of listening to live radio during my commute. After the MNF game against the Chiefs, ESPN LA shows talked almost exclusively about the Rams the entire day and even later in the week. Even in the week leading up to that game, the station extensively talked about the Rams and the game being moved back to LA. For each of the weeks since the Dodgers playoff run ended, the morning show and Mason and Ireland usually started off their show talking about the Rams even if the Lakers had a game the day before.

It’s fine if someone doesn’t like a particular show or host, but as I’ve pointed out in the past- one of the morning show’s host does the Rams pre and postgame, and Mason is a Rams season ticket holder and lifelong Rams fan. They talk about them a lot.

If people don’t believe me, I would recommend listening to the podcast of these shows so you can judge for yourselves. Of the shows on ESPN LA, the morning show talks about the Rams the most. Mason and Ireland talk about them second most. I don’t know about the Sedano show since I don’t listen to it.

I sound like a total ESPN LA homer, but believe me I’m not. When I lived in the Bay Area I used to bitch all the time about the Bay Area radio’s lack of coverage about the Cal football program during the peak of the Jeff Tedford era (they talked about the Giants all day every day). So I have no problem complaining about a lack of coverage if it’s warranted. However, it simply isn’t accurate IMO to say that the Rams aren’t being adequately covered here in LA.
OK, so help me here... I don't do "podcasts"... how do I access all this great coverage on podcasts? All I saw was once a week... where is all this other stuff? Help?