ESPN is reporting that Desean Jackson has been released!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
But surely a 7th round pick is better than nothing? Unless no team would give up a 7th, which is puzzling.
Even if you just gave up a 7th rounder that ridiculous salary came along with it...and that attitude.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Report of potential gang ties emerged not long before Eagles cut DeSean Jackson
Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2014

desean2.jpg
Getty Images

So why did former Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson issue a statement denying that he belongs to a gang? Not long before the Eagles cut Jackson, a lengthy report emerged on NJ.com suggesting that Jackson has suspected gang ties.

Specifically, Eliot Shorr-Parks and A.J. Perez report that the Eagles were concerned about “Jackson’s continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010.”

While Jackson is a suspect in neither killing, LAPD detective Eric Crosson told NJ.com that Jackson “routinely flashes Crip gang signs in photos on social media,” and that Crosson believes Jackson did so during at least one game.

“You don’t want to see anybody throwing up gang signs like he did in the Redskins game last year,” Crosson said. “Those were neighborhood Crip gang signs and he flashed them during a game. He may not be affiliated with the gang, but they don’t [ordinarily] take kindly to those not in the gang throwing up those gang signs.”

It’s unclear how much the gang connection (if there is one) played in the decision to cut Jackson. Per the report, the team also was concerned about his “bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly.”

Regardless, whoever signs Jackson needs to get to the bottom of why the Eagles moved on. And if potential gang connections were a reason, the new team needs to know what the Eagles know, and what the NFL knows.

Jackson has millions of reasons to deny any gang connections or activities. His next team has millions of reasons to get to the truth.

DeSean Jackson issues statement, denies being a gang member
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 28, 2014

300x-6.jpg
Getty Images

DeSean Jackson is as fast getting the word out as he is on the field.

And he can change directions equally well too.

Moments after his release he tweeted that he was in “Steady GRind Mode God Got the Plan !! Not Me ..

Then came a statement in his name, via Adam Schefer of ESPN. You’ll notice the syntax is slightly different, and the capitalization is much better in this one even if the spelling of a key name isn’t.

“First I would like to thank the Eagles organization, the Eagles fans and the city of Philadelphia for my time in Philly,” the statement read. “I would also like to thank coach Andy Reed [sic] for bringing me in.

“Secondly, I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible.

“I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless.”

So there you go. Straight from the horse’s mouth. Or something.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
It just blows my mind how stupid some of these guys are... There making 10 mil a year and they think they have to be in a gang??? WTF

RamzFanz

Damnit
Let him be a Michael Irvin. Sit in his limo doing coke till game day, then just show for the game, destroy the opposing defense, and leave.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Maybe another T.O?
Hopfully he's out of the NFC.....and doesn't pair with Brady.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Such a diva. Amazing Jermey Maclin who comes off multiple injuries and illnesses has lasted longer than the healthy Desean. And wasn't he always wanting more money or a new contract?

Does anyone give a shit the Rams (and so many other teams) passed on this guy back in 2008 now? Fuckin hell...there are so many better, complete WRs than a go-route diva anyway.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eagles no longer wanted to put up with his gang connections. They think he is a bad influence on young teammates. I remember his MySpace pic. It kept him from being a first rounder. One of his close friends is charged with murder. He is linked with the Cryps.

Pass

Gimme some of the details.....links LOL.

chefRAMzy

UDFA
Name
Chef
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not trying to start anything but if he is a thug or whatever why release him and give a racist a new contract??

iced

I'm not trying to start anything but if he is a thug or whatever why release him and give a racist a new contract??

because hurling insults isn't the same as hurling bullets and drugs