Eric Weddle Destroys Purdy and the Ratbags...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I don’t know if the niners are any better off than with Garapalo, Purdy hasn’t been as injury prone but Garapalo got dumped cuz he couldn’t make a play to win THE game and I’m not sure if Purdy can either. Chris Jones disrupted 2 potential tds, the corner blitz forced a throw away on a crucial 3rd down. No one’s really blaming Purdy but these are the plays that win titles, sometimes it takes a great catch by the receiver like the helmet catch or the ridiculous Edelman catch in the Pats comeback, but with the game on the line Purdy doesn’t get a throw off on several occasions.
Part of it is I don’t think he has the arm to do some of the crazy stuff guys like Mahomes and Stafford can do to get the ball off and he’s not big enough to have guys hanging on him and still deliver the ball.
At some point a drafted qb has to become more responsible for the offense, eventually you have to pay him which means you can’t pay other guys, this might’ve been the best this niner offense looks. At some point he’s not going to have all these all pros to distribute to.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
WTF - is this a NINERS site ?

1.Jimmy Crapolla
2.Ratboy
3.Pay the piper
4.This one Ratboy,Weedle,Purdy
5.Sign the winners implode?
6.The OG Steve Niner post
7.NINER’s favored next season
8. Debo me me’s

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

1.Jimmy Crapolla
2.Ratboy
3.Pay the piper
8. Debo me me’s
Schadenfreudeniner.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Schadenfreudeniner.

That's exactly what it is. For those less Erudite,

Schadenfreude:
The experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, pain, or humiliation of another.

And for the real dummies ... like me ...

Erudite:
Having or showing great knowledge or learning.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

1.Jimmy Crapolla
2.Ratboy
3.Pay the piper
8. Debo me me’
Well, when the Rams are eliminated that leaves most of us to root for our second favorite team. Whoever plays the 49ers.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
People are forgetting that Purdy is a rookie. He should improve at reading NFL defences as he gets more experience, which will help any QB's game overall. And he is actually quite dangerous with his legs - he's hard to sack, with good escapability, and when he does run, he picks his spots well and can go for big gains. He's got good football speed too, even if his combine speed is nothing special. I am not sure why he gets dumped on. The 49s cannot afford a huge QB contract with how much cap space they have allocated to other positions. Purdy is on a dirt cheap contract for quite some time, as a 7th round pick, and will lets the 49ers get away with their roster building model. Purdy is about as ideal a fit as you can get for them.

Can you win a Super Bowl with Purdy? Is the 49ers approach of going with a good-but-not-great QB that cannot really make the "wow" throws, and stacking the roster elsewhere, feasible? I think it is. Having a special QB is a huge advantage, but there are only so many of those go to around.

The real problem the 49ers have had - heck, that most of the NFL has had - is not that their QB is precluding the possibility of Super Bowl wins. It's up against Patrick Mahomes. He's the best of all-time. I don't think it's debatable anymore. When you pair him with Andy Reid and that very stout Chiefs defence, you need a special QB to beat him IMO.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't watch a lot of niners games, obvious reasons, but I've never seen Purdy make a clutch throw in tight pressure with good coverage. I've never seen him hit a tight window. Has he thrown a bomb for a td or for even large yardage? Every time I see him complete a pass, his man is wide open or the receiver has beat the cb pretty handidly. Maybe I'm missing something, but this here is the reason I feel he is a game manager or a system qb. When you put him up against teams like the Ravens or the Chiefs, teams that are either solid in all three phases or have the best qb in the league, he will be beaten no matter how well he plays. Bc the team has to be playing better than him in order for him to succeed.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I don't watch a lot of niners games, obvious reasons, but I've never seen Purdy make a clutch throw in tight pressure with good coverage. I've never seen him hit a tight window. Has he thrown a bomb for a td or for even large yardage? Every time I see him complete a pass, his man is wide open or the receiver has beat the cb pretty handidly. Maybe I'm missing something, but this here is the reason I feel he is a game manager or a system qb. When you put him up against teams like the Ravens or the Chiefs, teams that are either solid in all three phases or have the best qb in the league, he will be beaten no matter how well he plays. Bc the team has to be playing better than him in order for him to succeed.
Purdy is Bulger in 2003

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
People are forgetting that Purdy is a rookie. He should improve at reading NFL defences as he gets more experience, which will help any QB's game overall. And he is actually quite dangerous with his legs - he's hard to sack, with good escapability, and when he does run, he picks his spots well and can go for big gains. He's got good football speed too, even if his combine speed is nothing special. I am not sure why he gets dumped on. The 49s cannot afford a huge QB contract with how much cap space they have allocated to other positions. Purdy is on a dirt cheap contract for quite some time, as a 7th round pick, and will lets the 49ers get away with their roster building model. Purdy is about as ideal a fit as you can get for them.

Can you win a Super Bowl with Purdy? Is the 49ers approach of going with a good-but-not-great QB that cannot really make the "wow" throws, and stacking the roster elsewhere, feasible? I think it is. Having a special QB is a huge advantage, but there are only so many of those go to around.

The real problem the 49ers have had - heck, that most of the NFL has had - is not that their QB is precluding the possibility of Super Bowl wins. It's up against Patrick Mahomes. He's the best of all-time. I don't think it's debatable anymore. When you pair him with Andy Reid and that very stout Chiefs defence, you need a special QB to beat him IMO.
Purdy is NOT a rookie. He was in the playoffs last year too and his elbow exploded.

Can you even imagine what would have occurred had the whiners actually got the trade for Stafford completed instead of us?

IMO, the whiners should trade him to a QB needy team like the Falcons and try whatever they can to get Cousins to sign with them. That said, fuck those guys and I wish nothing but bad things for them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eric gets it. Driving the field underneath, even with a top defense on the other side of the ball, is a tough living. And a hard style to win it all with.

This is why I say the only QBs who warrant high selection are the ones who can win from the pocket and threaten teams downfield. If you can't do that your ass isn't a first round prospect.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if McVay has tried to talk Weddle into joining his staff. Maybe even as a camp consultant. Even out of retirement he came in and lead the secondary in a playoff run.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

1.Jimmy Crapolla
2.Ratboy
3.Pay the piper
8. Debo me me’s
This a ‘Hate the 49ers’ site.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have to believe that our staff had already picked up on this... but... I know they are "in the know" now.

Big Mahalos Weddle

I'm expecting our defense to plan accordingly for this going forward.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One of the interesting things I've seen/heard about the SB performance was how much the Chiefs played man coverage. Now.. that's MUCH EASIER TO DO when you have two all-pros in the secondary.

That being said.. it just confirmed my feelings about drafting a CB first and another high. Too important to neglect.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Weddle talking about taking the ball in OT .... it was the 49ers analytics. They wanted the 3rd possession ---

maybe a smart part on defense may have been tired.

That said ... kicking off was what most other analytic models suggested.

Either way . . .. Purdy is not elite, will never be elite ... but he's not a bum, either. He has limitations and things you cannot get better at---like he will never have huge arm

And also, he hits on good point ---- Shanny ran the ball 0 times in like 9 plays coming out of 1st half ... and also Weddle mentioned wrong answers for man coverage ... outs, not slants is what you want.

That is what I'd like to know ... maybe Purdy cannot throw outs well enough. Maybe that's the "system" part of his game.
Purdy can do what he does well but they are probably hiding his average arm by the system.