Eric Dickerson hosting the Rams rookie class at his house tonight.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems Cooper is enjoying it.

View: https://twitter.com/SGERD5/status/745759867885871104

We'll likely get a video in the next few days on the website. BTW lets hold an unofficial poll, why do you think Eric has a Redskins helmet in that room? He never played for them he grew up in Texas so they weren't his team. My guess is it's a Darrell Green helmet autographed because Green was the only DB that I can think of that ever chased him down when he was in his prime.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Seems Cooper is enjoying it.

View: https://twitter.com/SGERD5/status/745759867885871104

We'll likely get a video in the next few days on the website. BTW lets hold an unofficial poll, why do you think Eric has a Redskins helmet in that room? He never played for them he grew up in Texas so they weren't his team. My guess is it's a Darrell Green helmet autographed because Green was the only DB that I can think of that ever chased him down when he was in his prime.

First thing I thought when I scanned the photo, "why does he have a Redskins helmet?" Then I saw your Darrell Green comment. As good a guess as I can figure. Were he and John Riggins or Joe Gibbs close?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First thing I thought when I scanned the photo, "why does he have a Redskins helmet?" Then I saw your Darrell Green comment. As good a guess as I can figure. Were he and John Riggins or Joe Gibbs close?
Riggins retired in '85 so they weren't in the league long together and I don't know of any ties to Gibbs in football it could be something with his NASCAR team but I don't know for certain.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
That's great for these guys to be able to do things like being able to go to a legends house. It's just things they couldn't do in St Louis.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
DG would have been my guess as well. Green had a very long career.

jap

Legend
DG would have been my guess as well. Green had a very long career.

. . . and an extremely athletic one! Even when he was in his mid-thirties, he was still unquestionably one of the most fastest NFL players!!! In Darrell's prime, the only guy I knew he had a problem racing with was legendary trackster, Carl Lewis.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
. . . and an extremely athletic one! Even when he was in his mid-thirties, he was still unquestionably one of the most fastest NFL players!!! In Darrell's prime, the only guy I knew he had a problem racing with was legendary trackster, Carl Lewis.
I've never been a Redskins fan, but it was hard not liking Green.
Man. He was fast.
not the biggest guy, but he could move.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As far as the Party is concerned I would have liked to have been ..
Fly.jpg
drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
They used to televise these fastest nfl player competitions on NBC years ago. Ron Brown, who was the only Ram in the competition, was an Olympic gold medalist in the 4x100 meter relay. I just recall Brown, the Olmpic gold medalist, along with the rest of the field getting smoked in the 100 by Darrell Green by quite a distance. That guy was a bad dude.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
They used to televise these fastest nfl player competitions on NBC years ago. Ron Brown, who was the only Ram in the competition, was an Olympic gold medalist in the 4x100 meter relay. I just recall Brown, the Olmpic gold medalist, along with the rest of the field getting smoked in the 100 by Darrell Green by quite a distance. That guy was a bad dude.

Brown was a burner but Green had an after- burner..Geez, he was fast

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Totally agree with the Darrell Green theory as far as the helmet goes. I HATED the Redskins during the 80's, but I could never bring myself to hate on DG (even when he ran down ED in that blowout loss).I live in the DC area and have run into Darrell Green no less than 10 times over the years and he is some kind of spirit. Seriously....maybe the nicest soul you could ever meet. I would bet he can still run a sub 4.5 40 BTW. Dude stays in shape. That is, and was, God given speed.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Here is that video in case anyone has not seen it:

...and here is one for @Rynie

....aaaand more DG is anyone is interested. Awesome player.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here is that video in case anyone has not seen it:

...and here is one for @Rynie

....aaaand more DG is anyone is interested. Awesome player.

You REALLY have to wonder IF this^ is why Dickerson keeps a Redskin's Helmet in his Office!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I saw a different pic showing ED2105 and TG sitting together at Eric's desk this morning on Instagram. It was taken from a different angle in room... it showed that Eric has a large # of helmets on those shelves,,, and they were helmets from a bunch of different teams. I even saw a disgusting cheatriot helmet in there.

On that foreskin helmet... you can see that it's autographed to Eric, but I can't make out the signature to confirm it was from Green.