Eric Dickerson hosting the Rams rookie class at his house tonight.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lott was a headhunter, but Green was a better cover guy who could close.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Lott was a headhunter, but Green was a better cover guy who could close.

You don't become the only player in NFL history to be named all pro at three positions by being just a head hunter. You don't play corner while running a 4.6 40 unless your technique is on point. Ronnie Lott could do everything AND hit hard...and that's way he's the best DB in nfl history.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You don't become the only player in NFL history to be named all pro at three positions by being just a head hunter. You don't play corner while running a 4.6 40 unless your technique is on point. Ronnie Lott could do everything AND hit hard...and that's way he's the best DB in nfl history.
In your opinion.... There are quite a few DB's that can be argued as being the best and these discussion will provide pages of debate and a few hot temperatures but won't ever be solved. Same with the debates about the best at any position in any sport :D

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
In your opinion.... There are quite a few DB's that can be argued as being the best and these discussion will provide pages of debate and a few hot temperatures but won't ever be solved. Same with the debates about the best at any position in any sport :D

You can argue that there were better CBs, better FS, and better SS, but there is only one player to win all pro (and probowl) honors for all three spots...which I believe would make him the best defensive back in history. He mastered every DB position which nobody else has done in history. I'm not sure how you can really argue that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can argue that there were better CBs, better FS, and better SS, but there is only one player to win all pro (and probowl) honors for all three spots...which I believe would make him the best defensive back in history. He mastered every DB position which nobody else has done in history. I'm not sure how you can really argue that.

Sorry but that doesn't make him the greatest DB ever, the Pro Bowl is and always has been a sham and a popularity contest. Again we're back to this is your opinion.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Sorry but that doesn't make him the greatest DB ever, the Pro Bowl is and always has been a sham and a popularity contest. Again we're back to this is your opinion.

Name another player that has been named all pro at every DB position. All pro is not a popularity contest and you straight up ignored that part. So find me one.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name another player that has been named all pro at every DB position. All pro is not a popularity contest and you straight up ignored that part. So find me one.
Ok let's try this again it 100% is a popularity contest. Secondly they vote for safeties no a strong safety and a free safety. Thirdly you have just one criteria for your consideration on who is the greatest?

Again answer all of those however you wish but I'll say two things. One you're repeating and failing to acknowledge this is your opinion and others might not and don't have to afpgree with you. Two you're derailing a thread I started on a completely different subject so I'll ask you to kindly get back on subject please. If you'd like start a thread to debate the NFLs greatest DB and I might participate as others might. I'll tell you one thing my opinion on greatest DB is different from yours. Doesn't make me right or wrong just means I value somebody else more than Lott.

As for the every position there have been multiple since they only vote on safety and corner they don't break it down. They don't even separate left and right tackles.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure how anyone can argue greatest DB ever without mentioning Sanders and both Woodsons. Sanders gets my vote and it is not all that close.