Eddie Lacy is a 1st rounder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
PressureD41 said:
Eddie can catch the ball, pass protect and has light feet. Also has great vision!IM in the draft him camp at 22. But I do love me some Sylvester Williams DT

Not sure you can emphatically claim he can catch the ball. He wasnt known has a great receiving back in college. He only caught 35 balls in the course of his college career. In fact he spent most of his pro day trying to show scouts that he could catch the ball.

The conditioning issues displayed in his pro day have to raise some questions as well. He had to stop several times because he was out of breath. Coaches cut drills short because he was out of shape. He has sat out of all the off-season draft preparatory events because of an "injury". Scouts had questioned whether he was really injured prior to todays workout. One certainly has to wonder if that was the case now

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
F. Mulder said:
jrry32 said:
From everything I read, his conditioning was poor at his workout. 40 time isn't concerning. I figured he'd run in the mid 4.5s. But I don't like that he's out of shape.

I prefer Gio Bernard to Lacy and I don't have Lacy as a 1st rounder.

Do you like any of the other backs in the mid-rounds? Bell (either), Franklin, the back out of A&M (Michael)? What about if Lacy is there in the 2nd?

I like Le'Veon Bell. Don't like Michael or Ball. Haven't spent enough time on Franklin to have a strong opinion.

Depends on who else is on the board in the 2nd.

…..

Legend
Still, the fact that Lacy was able to run and that he apparently ran at least in the mid-four-second range is good news for a guy who would be, in our view, a great fit for the Steelers at No. 16.

Would have been nice if the author explained to us exactly how the Steelers got the 16th pick from the Rams.