Dunbar and Mundt added to the 53 man with a surprising cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Our Oline health has been outstanding and I'm thankful, I'm not sure how good our depth is there. Blythe seems to be good depth but I don't want to test the rest of the guys. We definitely need to draft linemen next year given our lack of depth and age of line.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our Oline health has been outstanding and I'm thankful, I'm not sure how good our depth is there. Blythe seems to be good depth but I don't want to test the rest of the guys. We definitely need to draft linemen next year given our lack of depth and age of line.
I hope we draft a LT, so Whitworth can train his eventual replacement. We do need a guard or two, definitely.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They must feel Corneilius Lucas is more ready to play than Donnal. I thought he would be the 1st to go if they cut someone from the OL.

We were in the stands behind the end zone at the Giant game watching the pre-game warm ups. Lucas was working out in front of us. Dude is frick'in huge. Would be nice if Kromer can turn him into a player.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I hope we draft a LT, so Whitworth can train his eventual replacement. We do need a guard or two, definitely.

That is an interesting dilema. Do you spend a late first on a LT that might not play a down for two years if Whitworth plays out his 3 year deal and plays well?

Or do you wait until late in round 3 and take a guy that is really a hit or miss project to play LT down the road?

I guess best case would be to trade out of round one and pick up an additional 2nd day pick and then easier to justify taking a LT early in the 2nd.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is an interesting dilema. Do you spend a late first on a LT that might not play a down for two years if Whitworth plays out his 3 year deal and plays well?

Or do you wait until late in round 3 and take a guy that is really a hit or miss project to play LT down the road?

I guess best case would be to trade out of round one and pick up an additional 2nd day pick and then easier to justify taking a LT early in the 2nd.
Or...You get a blue chip LT, coach him up, and place him elsewhere on the Oline and make a current starter a back up? Maybe at RT and make Havenstein a back up?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Or do you take a guy who Whitworth can develop and it also upgrades RT or RG for a year or two then replace that spot then?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or do you take a guy who Whitworth can develop and it also upgrades RT or RG for a year or two then replace that spot then?
especially since our first rounder will be almost a high second rounder (32nd pick):whistle:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

I agree they need to draft an OT, also a center btw, just asking if you take one late round one if he sits for two years as not sure Saffold is ready to be replaced either.

In fact late round one you could take the best OC in the draft that could be playing a lot sooner or a CB that could be a big need if Johnson leaves.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
BTW, speaking of center, that is the spot I have concerns about when they play a team like the Eagles. Jernigan and Cox lining up over an older Sullivan is not a good thing and could be a difference making matchup.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just a little bit surprised about Donnal, No great loss, actually surprised he lasted this long.
McVay adding to his TE Group, What this Mad-Man up to now!:D:LOL:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, i've been asking for months about Donnal's whereabouts, so I can't say i'm all that surprised.

Mundt is a surprise though.

jmo.

Last edited:

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too bad we never got to see Donnal. If he doesnt get picked up, I think we see him again on our roster next year’s training camp.

Excited to see what we got in Mundt and Dunbar.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Ducks TE Johnny Mundt's success has changed his postseason plans
Updated Nov 15, 2016; Posted Nov 15, 2016

By Andrew Greif

EUGENE -- Johnny Mundt's senior season at Oregon hasn't turned out like he expected, in several ways.

Mundt surely didn't think he'd enter the final two games of his career with his team 3-7 overall and unable to reach the six wins required for bowl eligibility.

The season also began with a personal disappointment when Mundt hurt his knee in the opener against UC Davis, an injury that forced him to miss the next four games.

That wasn't how Mundt envisioned his final fall in Eugene unfolding.

But neither was what happened next. With 12 catches for 182 yards and three touchdowns in his last four games and solid blocking that has gone unheralded, the 6-foot-4, 245-pound UO tight end has played some of the best football of his career.

That return to form recently led Mundt to change his postseason plans. Instead of returning home to the Modesto, California, area to become his family's seventh generation of farmers, Mundt will instead give the NFL a shot.

"After seeing these last couple games play out, I realized this is a lot more tangible than I thought," Mundt said. "I wasn't too sure of my path as of a couple weeks ago, but after seeing things play out I'll be going somewhere to train."

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/11/duck_tight_end_johnny_mundts_s.html

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
We were in the stands behind the end zone at the Giant game watching the pre-game warm ups. Lucas was working out in front of us. Dude is frick'in huge. Would be nice if Kromer can turn him into a player.

Cornelius Lucas
Height: 6 ft 9 in
Weight: 325 lb

kansas-state-head-coach-bill-snyder-has-some-words-with-offensive-picture-id459659569

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would be nice if Kromer and Whitworth thought they could make something out of him.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Donnal joins Grob, Wichmann Barnes, Rhaney as former Ram starters on the OL that are out of the league. Bet at one point last season all 5 of the above were on the field at the same time, starting for the Rams.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Just replacing carrier.

Without corroborating evidence, i'm going to guess you are right. Carrier has been a dismal failure at his previously announced specialty, ... blocking. Of the 3 TE's, he grades as the worst of the bunch according to PFF. That might be expected, but being the worst blocker should not be expected. As a run blocker, he's been terrible. Being a FOSM, I think we expected better, but being deep at the position, Wendt should offer an effective solution, especially so if Carrier's injury status is worse than we might be aware of. I thought it could go either way between Wentz and the QB turned TE Travis Wilson during the pre-season, but neither made the 53 and Wilson didn't get picked up even for the practice squad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am with the others who said they never saw it with Donnal. He was too weak to get the job done here. Too tall and weak to play OG and not athletic enough to play OT. He reminded me of Adam Goldberg.