Dunbar and Mundt added to the 53 man with a surprising cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/929449843872821248

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Add-Dunbar-Mundt-to-53-Man-Roster/2f3533a4-f803-4b36-956d-e61325d7fc3a

Andrew Donnal was waived.

Mundt was originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Oregon, and has spent the majority of his first professional season on Los Angeles' practice squad.

The Rams began Saturday with 52 men on their active roster. Los Angeles waived offensive lineman Andrew Donnal as its one corresponding move to put the club at 53 players for Sunday's game against Houston.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Not going to lose sleep over Donnal being waived...fringe player at best, perhaps practice squad if he doesn’t get scooped up by Seattle

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good for Mundt, as he'll probably get game action with Carrier possibly out. Shame about Donnal not working out, but you can't hit on every pick.

TexasRam

Legend
Because kids always love more toys.

depositphotos_139800208-stock-photo-happy-kids-with-drone-at.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not going to lose sleep over Donnal being waived...fringe player at best, perhaps practice squad if he doesn’t get scooped up by Seattle
I agree though there will be many here upset he seems to be some kind of cult hero around here.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Donnal hasn't suited up for a game and has been kept out of practices. Injury issues? PS if he clears waivers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Donnal hasn't suited up for a game and has been kept out of practices. Injury issues? PS if he clears waivers.

I agree, Donnal has been injured for a while and the Rams feel confident that Blythe can fill in at guard too with Williams being the first tackle off the bench.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
They must feel Corneilius Lucas is more ready to play than Donnal. I thought he would be the 1st to go if they cut someone from the OL.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been gobsmacked as to the Donnal love I have seen in here...He never looked like an NFL lineman, because he was too puny. I acknowledge that I didn't watch every snap of his, but the ones I saw left me very underwhelmed.

Nice cut, Kromer.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Regular in season roster churning. Wouldn't surprise me if both were released later themselves once Brown and Carrier are healthy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-mundt-20170905-story.html

Rams tight end Johnny Mundt overcomes broken ankle, is signed to practice squad
Gary Klein/September 5, 2017

1024x576

Rams tight end Johnny Mundt breaks away from a tackle attempt by Packers safety Josh Jones during a preseason game last week. (Dylan Buell / Getty Images)

Johnny Mundt suffered a broken ankle on the first day of Rams rookie minicamp, a setback that did not prevent the undrafted tight end from impressing coach Sean McVay.

Mundt initially survived massive cuts last week to earn a spot on the 53-man roster. When tight end Derek Carrier, acquired in a trade on the eve of roster cuts, passed a physical, Mundt was subsequently waived.

But on Tuesday, the Rams signed Mundt to the practice squad.

Mundt, who played at Oregon, came back from the May ankle injury and played in the Rams’ final two preseason games. He caught a touchdown pass in the preseason finale against the Green Bay Packers.

“It was surreal,” he said after the game.

Mundt said he would work to keep proving himself if he made the roster or the practice squad.

“If practice squad is my role — I will own that,” he said. “I’ll do everything on special teams and just get better every single day to get myself on the field and get some real minutes.”

McVay, who runs a tight-end-centric offense, said last week that the staff was eager to develop Mundt.

“You see a little bit of flashes with him, and he’s a guy that we’re looking forward to kind of just seeing how he progresses,” McVay said.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I'd been asking about Donnal, never getting any info. So that is done. Here's to Dunbar stepping in doing some good work and Mundt developing into a valuable piece.

Ram65

Legend
Hadn't heard anything on Donnal in a long time. Injury was my guess. I thought he might be a decent backup.