Dumbest playcall ever....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Like others are saying, it reminded me of the San Diego game.

I just don't get the logic of throwing into a crowded mess of bodies when you have a timeout and Lynch. Even if it worked, it's risky.

They had nothing to lose running Lynch and a good chance of winning the game.

I think OCs lose their heads sometimes in the heat of battle, I don't know.

I was shocked when they did it.

rams2050

Starter
Well, we who were rooting for the Seahawks can take some comfort in know that the Cheats didn't win; the Seahawks GAVE it to them.

I am sick, just sick about it. I guess Cheaters DO win.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah. Hindsight is an awesome playcaller.
You're seriously saying Bevell's entire career can be defined by that one play?

I said nothing about defining his entire career.

But that was a stupid, stupid playcall, and I knew it before the ball was snapped, as it was clear it wasn't going to be a run to Lynch.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Remember when people defended a pass on the half yard line with 3 downs and dependable RBs?

Yeah, that's what happens.

Happy SB and end of season all. Just saw they let Schotty go a week or so ago, so, a great start to the off season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I said nothing about defining his entire career.

But that was a stupid, stupid playcall, and I knew it before the ball was snapped, as it was clear it wasn't going to be a run to Lynch.
It was only stupid because it was intercepted. Earlier in the game they went away from Lynch and threw a 3 yard TD to Baldwin.
You asked me if I was serious about what I said, and I still am. I'd take him as OC in a heartbeat.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I still can't believe that this actually happened. No hindsight here. I was about to celebrate the victory because they still had a timeout and Lynch. If anything, you do a play action fade to Richardson who was tearing it up for them this game and is tall. That's if you pass at all. I was ready to see Lynch punch it in. This sucks. I never wanted to see the Pats win another ring.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
they were lazy with the clock and deserved to lose calling that play

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It was only stupid because it was intercepted. Earlier in the game they went away from Lynch and threw a 3 yard TD to Baldwin.
You asked me if I was serious about what I said, and I still am. I'd take him as OC in a heartbeat.

It was stupid because there was a simple option that had an extremely high percentage of getting the desired result. And the showed the Pats defense, demoralized and all, that's exactly what they weren't going to do.

I needed no hindsight to see that, as soon as they made it clear they weren't going to Lynch I told myself this would end badly, and sure enough it did.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
that was fucking horrible. hand the ball to Lynch and the games over. I woulda let the clock run and handed to Lynch 4 times in a row. Simple.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It was stupid because there was a simple option that had an extremely high percentage of getting the desired result. And the showed the Pats defense, demoralized and all, that's exactly what they weren't going to do.

I needed no hindsight to see that, as soon as they made it clear they weren't going to Lynch I told myself this would end badly, and sure enough it did.
Meh. None of those decisions ever both me. Didn't bother me when we did it in San Diego either, because one more tick and Cunningham would have had the TD.
And just like last time, if the ball is thrown just a hair more inside, it's a TD and nobody's talking about that play.

Nature of the beast.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
With a time out and Lynch, you HAVE TO RUN IT AT LEAST ONCE MORE! WOW! I'd maybe try and throw it if they had stopped Lynch twice. It's not even a 20/20 hindsight call. I guess it's much more easier to think about these calls from the couch in real time as a mill worker than it is an OC with a lifetime of NFL experience. WOW!

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame

yep I was like they better be giving it to Lynch right now... *interception*

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
With a time out and Lynch, you HAVE TO RUN IT AT LEAST ONCE MORE! WOW! I'd maybe try and throw it if they had stopped Lynch twice. It's not even a 20/20 hindsight call.
Yeah, but if they stuff Lynch, and Seattle has to call a time-out, they don't have the luxury of *choosing* which play to run the next time.
It would have to be a pass and that's what all of the NE defense would be playing.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I would like to see a camera shot of the Seattle locker room right about now though.:sneaky:

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I was at that San Diego game and I couldn't freaking believe we blew it like that. At least it wasn't the Super Bowl in front of a billion people. The Seacunt fans have go to be suicidal. Between all the rain and now this. Look out.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, but if they stuff Lynch, and Seattle has to call a time-out, they don't have the luxury of *choosing* which play to run the next time.
It would have to be a pass and that's what all of the NE defense would be playing.
That's just it. They wouldn't have to call a TO. They could run another play. They could of run it again and then call a TO.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Let's think about what's worse here:

1) Lynch getting stuffed, having to call a timeout, but still having two more downs to get the ball in the end zone; or
2) throwing an interception on a pass into the middle of the field and right into the teeth of the defense, losing not only possession of the ball but the Super Bowl as well.

Choose carefully.