Draft - Day 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Was this a good draft day, bad, or WTH???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To all:

In an attempt to make draft discussion a little smoother through the weekend and not have tons of threads to cipher through, we are going to do a thread for each day of the draft to discuss the day's activities and sticky it to the top of the forum. Please put all actual draft happenings here.

We are also going to put up threads dedicated to each new Rams player as the draft unfolds. If we end up trading someone during the draft, we will likely make a thread for that player as well.

Here's to an awesome Rams draft.

A55VA6

Legend
Rumors are swirling that the Rams have had "substantial" talks for the #2 pick, supposedly targeting Leonard Williams.

That would just be unfair.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Rumors are swirling that the Rams have had "substantial" talks for the #2 pick, supposedly targeting Leonard Williams.

I might be done until TC if that happens.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yikes! As much as I want the Rams to work on the offensive (line) side of the ball, I would love to see a defense that simply sends shudders up every QB's spine.

A55VA6

Legend
Yikes! As much as I want the Rams to work on the offensive (line) side of the ball, I would love to see a defense that simply sends shudders up every QB's spine.
For real! Quinn, Long, Donald, Brockers, Fairley, Williams, Hayes, Sims

Good lord. :eek:

tahoe

Pro Bowler

I would be greatly pissed off if that happened!!!! Yes lets make a trade to lose assets and ignore all of our glaring needs to take a player we do not need one bit! I would lose my mind

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No way do you trade up to #2 and give up multiple picks and probably multiple 1st round picks to beef up one of the best defensive lines in the league. That'd be beyond stupid and I would be done with Fisher/Snead.

I doubt they are idiots. It would be for Mariota/Winston.

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend

Seriously doubt we would be trading up for Williams and not Mariota.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
No way do you trade up to #2 and give up multiple picks and probably multiple 1st round picks to beef up one of the best defensive lines in the league. That'd be beyond stupid and I would be done with Fisher/Snead.

I doubt they are idiots. It would be for Mariota/Winston.

Seriously doubt we would be trading up for Williams and not Mariota.
It would be incredibly stupid to trade up for Williams

Moostache

Rookie
Good god....I almost had a heart attack when I read that because I thought this thread was for real draft actions and not rumors...(gulp)!
Trading up, unless it is for that one piece that can put a franchise over the top is not something I would do. The Rams have too many needs for any one player to be worth trading up for unless they were on the level of Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or John Elway!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
To all:

In an attempt to make draft discussion a little smoother through the weekend and not have tons of threads to cipher through, we are going to do a thread for each day of the draft to discuss the day's activities and sticky it to the top of the forum. Please put all actual draft happenings here.

We are also going to put up threads dedicated to each new Rams player as the draft unfolds. If we end up trading someone during the draft, we will likely make a thread for that player as well.

Here's to an awesome Rams draft.
Are we going to have a draft day chat room?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Little trip down memory lane. Idk why lol.

Dexter McCleon @DexMcCleon21 · 4h 4 hours ago
#TBT. NFL Draft Day and weekend. 1997 NFL Draft. 2nd Round Draft Pick, Pick #40 overall, St Louis… https://instagram.com/p/2GzM_5M2RG/

11201657_542822305855518_1460481669_n.jpg
11201657_542822305855518_1460481669_n.jpg

iced

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...a-b5ee-bd08055a8fff.html#.VUKYskda1Xw.twitter

By Jim Thomas
5542975bebd6e.image.jpg

Marcus Mariota and the Rams? Well, the team talked to Tennessee about the No. 2 overall spot according to a couple of sources. But one of those sources said the conversation resulted in "nothing meaningful."

So it may have been exploratory at best on the part of the Rams, who may take a quarterback sometime over the three-day draft, which starts Thursday night.

According to the Tennessean in Nashville, the Cleveland Browns, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, and the Rams have all shown interest in moving up to the No. 2 spot for Mariota, the quarterback from Oregon.

If the Rams stay at No. 10 overall, the most likely selection is an offensive lineman _ either Iowa'sBrandon Scherff, Stanford's Andrus Peat, or possibly Ereck Flowers of Miami (Fla.)

It was finally confirmed Thursday afternoon that Scherff did not make a pre-draft visit to Rams Park. But the Rams remain interested in him and he's thought to be highly-rated on their draft board.

All nine previous first_ or second-round draft picks by coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead over their prior three Rams drafts have been players who made pre-draft visits to Rams Park.

But this may simply be a case where the Rams knew enough about Scherff _ feeling he was clean medically and in terms of character _ so they didn't think a visit was necessary. That was the case last year with Notre Dame's Zack Martin, whom the team liked a lot but ended up going to Dallas where he became a Pro Bowl guard as a rookie.

It seems all but a certainty that the Rams won't have LSU tackle/guard La'el Collins in their plans. Collins is generally considered among the top four offensive line prospects in this year's draft, along with Scherff, Peat, and Flowers.

Baton Rouge, La., police want to question Collins after his ex-girlfriend was murdered, although Collins is not considered a suspect. According to reports, he hasn't seen her since September. But Collins may be asked to take a paternity test because the ex-girlfriend, Brittany Mills, was pregnant at the time she was murdered and the baby survived.

With NFL teams apparently backing off Collins just hours before the draft, Collins' agent is petitioning to take Collins out of the draft, let him clear his name, and then enter the supplemental draft this summer.

................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm starting to wonder if the Rams are involved in some kind of trade up with the eagles, personally

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Scherff didn't make a pre-draft visit, I'm not feeling they'll take him...

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Curious on why TB hasn't signed Winston yet. Thought signing the first pick early seemed to be the norm nowadays.......

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If Scherff didn't make a pre-draft visit, I'm not feeling they'll take him...
Likr the article said, they really wanted Zach Martin last year and we're trying to trade up for him, and he didn't make a predraft visit. LaMarcus Joyner didn't either. So I'm not at all concerned, the predraft visits are more for getting more info, but if they think they already had enough info, they won't bother. They only have so many visits.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Curious on why TB hasn't signed Winston yet. Thought signing the first pick early seemed to be the norm nowadays.......
Not since the new collective bargaining agreement...no one really cares anymore because everyone knows what they're going to get

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I read an article yesterday that said TB will not let the prospect know who it is until they are on the clock.