Dr Rams Offensive Guard Rankings And Plan For The Ol.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2014/03/12/xavier-sua-filo-talks-ucla-pro-day-rising-draft-stock/
Xavier Su’a-Filo talks UCLA pro day, rising draft stock
Posted on March 12, 2014 by Jack Wang
)

According to UCLA head coach Jim Mora, a pair of NFL scouts called Xavier Su’a-Filo the best guard coming out in the draft since Steve Hutchinson — high praise considering that the seven-time Pro Bowler was selected 13 years ago.

Though the other 30 teams may not feel as strongly, the versatile offensive lineman has generated some first-round buzz over the past few weeks. “Going to the combine, a lot of people didn’t really know who I was,” he said. “What a lot of people really want to see me improve, is clean up my pass protection and learn different schemes.”

Alan

Legend
Same kind of stuff said about Warmack last year. Lots of hype about Cooper too.

But I'll take him! :LOL:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Same kind of stuff said about Warmack last year. Lots of hype about Cooper too.

But I'll take him! :LOL:
Cooper is more comparable to Filo than Warmack. Both are athletic Guards, the difference in Filo, is that he has a lot of experience at Tackle over both of them.

Alan

Legend
DR RAM with a new fact:
Cooper is more comparable to Filo than Warmack. Both are athletic Guards, the difference in Filo, is that he has a lot of experience at Tackle.
You think he could play tackle in the NFL? Maybe RT?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You think he could play tackle in the NFL? Maybe RT?
In a pinch, not as a starter, but he could get you through a few spot appearances, and maybe a start here and there. He's a Guard first, and a pretty good one. I don't put him anywhere near the Hutch, BTW, and not every GM will either, but I like him as my number one Guard.He has experience at LT only, and he's not bad there.

There are probably a couple Tackles that can play Guard that I'd pick over him if they were valued equally.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
OLT - J. Long
LG - Robinson or Matthews
C - Jones, or Barnes
RG - Saffold
RT - Barksdale

In the wings: Take your pick: Thomas, Dozier, Edwards, Bitonio, James, Mewhort, Britt.

Released: Dahl, Wells, Williams, Smith.
I'm excited for this year... Think It will be finally be the year we get our OL together with talent and younger players to carry the torch. I think we go OT with Robinson or Mathews so takes care of our LG issue anyways. love the line up

Alan

Legend
Well, I want a tackle and a guard so I'd have the best of both worlds. Probably won't get it but I can always dream.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm excited for this year... Think It will be finally be the year we get our OL together with talent and younger players to carry the torch. I think we go OT with Robinson or Mathews so takes care of our LG issue anyways. love the line up
Me too. I predicted 3 of the 4 being gone...jury is still out on Wells. I think Wells is insurance until the draft is over.

I like the direction that we are going, and I'm with Alan, Tackle and Guard...please.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Well, I want a tackle and a guard so I'd have the best of both worlds. Probably won't get it but I can always dream.

Me too. I predicted 3 of the 4 being gone...jury is still out on Wells. I think Wells is insurance until the draft is over.

I like the direction that we are going, and I'm with Alan, Tackle and Guard...please.

I'm dying to find out where we go... I agree we get us one of the big tackles in the draft and hopefully release Wells. I'd do the Jig in the middle of Main St. during midday traffic if Jones would step up and take over tha tposition for us!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

So, what do we do at WR, if anything?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So, what do we do at WR, if anything?
Doesn't seem to be a big priority on the Ram's wish list, but I'd sign a FA if anything, and continue to develop the guys we have. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams draft a WR though, in fact, I think they might, but not early. I don't know if they'll pick a Tackle and a Guard both early either.

The Rams do their homework, and trade down possibilities might dictate the what and where we pick em.

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
We're OK at WR. It should be good enough until next year when lots of questions about guys like Quick, Givens and Pettis will be answered.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We're OK at WR. It should be good enough until next year when lots of questions about guys like Quick, Givens and Pettis will be answered.
That's kind of where I'm at, unless our hand is forced by BPA, or they have given up on Quick, or Givens. That is my most honest way to answer it.

fearsomefour

Legend
I liked Su'a-FILO earlier this year. But the more I watched him the less I liked his game. He seemed big but not terribly strong. He seemed quick but seemed to have some issues in space. He actually sort of reminded me of Chris Williams. Now I may have just caught a few bad quarters or I was being over critical but I don't think I would select this guy real high.
I would prefer Bitonio the T from Nevada or Thomas from Clemson.
Both are listed as T but fit better at G to me and offer the flexability of being emergency T as well.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Anytime I need a solid evaluation of anything offensive line related, I personally tune in to @DR RAM. Keep up the good shit man!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I liked Su'a-FILO earlier this year. But the more I watched him the less I liked his game. He seemed big but not terribly strong. He seemed quick but seemed to have some issues in space. He actually sort of reminded me of Chris Williams. Now I may have just caught a few bad quarters or I was being over critical but I don't think I would select this guy real high.
I would prefer Bitonio the T from Nevada or Thomas from Clemson.
Both are listed as T but fit better at G to me and offer the flexability of being emergency T as well.
Me too, and I know Filo well, but I like both of those players, they play with more power, IMO. Bitonio is one of my favorites. I think Filo is a little more versatile than Thomas, but...tough call.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Anytime I need a solid evaluation of anything offensive line related, I personally tune in to @DR RAM. Keep up the good crap man!
Love you man. Hope all is well with you and your family.

fearsomefour

Legend
Me too, and I know Filo well, but I like both of those players, they play with more power, IMO. Bitonio is one of my favorites. I think Filo is a little more versatile than Thomas, but...tough call.
I got to see Bitonio nearly weekly where I live. He was very consistent at T this year. The level of competition was up and down and I wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing him with "hometown" eyes.
I really like him inside in the NFL.