Downtown Rams Podcast to have Rams CB Kayvon Webster on next week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I totally see your point there. Thank you! I'm interested in what musicians you have dealt with. I love music (mainly rock, metal, punk routes). I may actually know who you are talking about haha
A bunch of local guys where I was mostly. There were some known bands that came out of the studio I was managing. POD, Mighty Joe Young (then they moved to Seattle and became Stone Temple Pilots). The POD guys were great. Those interactions were mostly limited to day to day rehearsal stuff.
Of the more famous people one day with John Popper and for the metal guys Ronnie James Dio and I took some from lessons from Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden). I actually got to play with Steve Jones (Sex Pistols guitar) in SD one night. Haha.
Good times. 1000 years ago now.
Not interviewing them of course. That's a whole different thing.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A bunch of local guys where I was mostly. There were some known bands that came out of the studio I was managing. POD, Mighty Joe Young (then they moved to Seattle and became Stone Temple Pilots). The POD guys were great. Those interactions were mostly limited to day to day rehearsal stuff.
Of the more famous people one day with John Popper and for the metal guys Ronnie James Dio and I took some from lessons from Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden). I actually got to play with Steve Jones (Sex Pistols guitar) in SD one night. Haha.
Good times. 1000 years ago now.
Not interviewing them of course. That's a whole different thing.
Haha thats still awesome! My dad opened up for Pat Travers and Jason Bittner is local from here. The craziest thing is the fact that Chris Wyse graduated from my high school and they never would mention him in the famous alumni haha.

fearsomefour

Legend
Haha thats still awesome! My dad opened up for Pat Travers and Jason Bittner is local from here. The craziest thing is the fact that Chris Wyse graduated from my high school and they never would mention him in the famous alumni haha.
Yeah, side guys (not in one set band) never get love. A bass player too....Wyse never had a chance with the high school press. Haha.
Nicko use to play with Pat Traverd before he joined Maiden actually. He is a super nice dude. Very hyper and outgoing, he is in his 60s now so mellowing. Going to see them in Dallas in a couple of weeks. Believe it or not he still remembers me from a drum clinic I helped with in 1988 when I wa a kid. Led to the few lessons. Even reached out to him two tours ago when they were in Dallas, he remembered me, got back stage and on stage with out asking for anything. Just did it. Cool dude.
Dio was the nicest guy AND a Ram fan or sorts. I was actually wearing Ram sweats and he came up and asked what I though of the upcoming season.
He was from NY but lived in LA. So was a NY guy but the Rams were his "second home team".
I remember it being a hot as balls day in the summer and dude brought me and co worker drinks and food. Super nice dude.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Foo Fighters are my weakness man. I am actually staring at Dave Grohl's guitar on my wall right in from of me as I write this haha
A friend went & said the day before a guy from Foo Fighters had his band on a side stage that totally jammed.That is the cool thing about festivals.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Yeah, side guys (not in one set band) never get love. A bass player too....Wyse never had a chance with the high school press. Haha.
Nicko use to play with Pat Traverd before he joined Maiden actually. He is a super nice dude. Very hyper and outgoing, he is in his 60s now so mellowing. Going to see them in Dallas in a couple of weeks. Believe it or not he still remembers me from a drum clinic I helped with in 1988 when I wa a kid. Led to the few lessons. Even reached out to him two tours ago when they were in Dallas, he remembered me, got back stage and on stage with out asking for anything. Just did it. Cool dude.
Dio was the nicest guy AND a Ram fan or sorts. I was actually wearing Ram sweats and he came up and asked what I though of the upcoming season.
He was from NY but lived in LA. So was a NY guy but the Rams were his "second home team".
I remember it being a hot as balls day in the summer and dude brought me and co worker drinks and food. Super nice dude.
That is soooo cool haha. You seem to know music. Do you know the band King's X? Phenomenal and underrated band that are the most down to earth guys you'll ever meet.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
A friend went & said the day before a guy from Foo Fighters had his band on a side stage that totally jammed.That is the cool thing about festivals.
Taylor Hawkins band! Chevy Metal! I want to see that haha

fearsomefour

Legend
That is soooo cool haha. You seem to know music. Do you know the band King's X? Phenomenal and underrated band that are the most down to earth guys you'll ever meet.
Yeah.
Their first album....Gretchen or something like that....was epic.
My buddy in Dallas, who I am going to some shows with including the Maiden one this month, just saw them. They are still around and kickin.
If I ever post the pics from the Nicko/Dio days (bad hair and fanny pack warning!!) he is in most of them. He ended up doing some post production work with a bunch of metal bands and we are actually working on an album now based on the writings of Crowley. Just for fun and since we are old guys now with normal jobs and families it is a very slow process.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Congrats Jake!!! Keep up the good work; will definitely listen. Thanks in advance!

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Yeah.
Their first album....Gretchen or something like that....was epic.
My buddy in Dallas, who I am going to some shows with including the Maiden one this month, just saw them. They are still around and kickin.
If I ever post the pics from the Nicko/Dio days (bad hair and fanny pack warning!!) he is in most of them. He ended up doing some post production work with a bunch of metal bands and we are actually working on an album now based on the writings of Crowley. Just for fun and since we are old guys now with normal jobs and families it is a very slow process.
That is so sick! I mentioned KX because you mentioned Dallas. I love those guys been seeing them every year they come to the northeast. Once, at this place called Saratoga Winners, Dug forgot the words to one of the songs and called my dad up on stage haha

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Congrats Jake!!! Keep up the good work; will definitely listen. Thanks in advance!
Thank you! I appreciate your support I am so stoked for this opportunity.

fearsomefour

Legend
That is so sick! I mentioned KX because you mentioned Dallas. I love those guys been seeing them every year they come to the northeast. Once, at this place called Saratoga Winners, Dug forgot the words to one of the songs and called my dad up on stage haha
That's cool.
They are a great band never got their due, that's for sure.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
That's cool.
They are a great band never got their due, that's for sure.
Absolutely, Pearl Jam called them the band that started grunge. Nirvana was the band ironically that killed it