Dotson and a contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cleveland's deal is interesting, I dont know much about him as a player. Minnesota only got a 6th rounder for him while Pittsburgh got a 4th for Dotson.
Still and all, while fearing a 20 mill price tag for Dotson, (which would be double of Cleveland) I'd quote Dezi Arnez in saying, "Lucy, you got a lot of 'Splainin to do"

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Cleveland's deal is interesting, I dont know much about him as a player. Minnesota only got a 6th rounder for him while Pittsburgh got a 4th for Dotson.
Still and all, while fearing a 20 mill price tag for Dotson, (which would be double of Cleveland) I'd quote Dezi Arnez in saying, "Lucy, you got a lot of 'Splainin to do"
Well that’s not 100% accurate on the Steelers trade for Dotson. It was not a 4th. It was two exchanges of picks - each moving up one round for Pittsburgh. 5th / 4th exchange this year and 6th / 5th exchange next year.

Trade chart value wise, the combined difference seems to work out to a late 4th rounder. So in essence, yes - but not technically correct.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well that’s not 100% accurate on the Steelers trade for Dotson. It was not a 4th. It was two exchanges of picks - each moving up one round for Pittsburgh. 5th / 4th exchange this year and 6th / 5th exchange next year.
It was a 4th AND an exchange of picks. The exchange portion was marginal value. Semantics. The value is inconsequential as the Jags got (and paid for) a player for only 5 games, while the Rams got Dotson for a full 17

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's gone.

You have to think his agent has already reached out to the teams with cap space and bad offensive lines and gotten a number, which I imagine they'd give to the Rams. I guess its possible they are just now getting that number so maybe we re-sign him this weekend....but if he isn't signed by Monday, can't imagine its good news for the Rams.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
It was a 4th AND an exchange of picks. The exchange portion was marginal value. Semantics. The value is inconsequential as the Jags got (and paid for) a player for only 5 games, while the Rams got Dotson for a full 17
I believe you are wrong. It was two swaps of picks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So PFF’s 8th ranked guard Ezra Cleveland signed a three year $28 million dollar contract. Is Dotson really going to bring much more?
Isn't Dotson their #2 at the position? Yeah that should be a bit more, how much we'll see but I think a lot since Cleveland never hit the open market.

dang

Legend
Dotson should get all the $$$ he can in his second contract. Hopefully the Rams are close but they don’t need to go above $14m.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'm already on record the Rams will offer Dotson $5-$7M/yr on a 4 year deal with the 4th likely to be a void year....That said, the market value for Dotson could be as high as $10/year.

Are you ever capable of admitting when you're wrong?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Are you ever capable of admitting when you're wrong?
Dotson would need to eat 2 meals a day in the team cafeteria if OnD had his way.