Donald Scores Top 5 DT Madden Rating

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The dude had 10 sacks in 8 games(more than Donald) and only had 4 less TFLs as Donald. AS A NOSE TACKLE. That's insane. That's a season just as good as Donald had. He's asked to take on double teams for the other players at 330 pounds, and he still produces like a 3 tech.

I know we're all homers, but let's give other players credit as well. Dareus in my opinion is easily a top 5 DT in the league and on par with Donald.
Sorry dude, idk where you're getting this from. He played 15 games last year and had 9 sacks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vastly? Based on what?

Based on every statistical category....

Yards per game and Points per game they were 4th.

We were 17th and 16th respectively.

I wouldn't trade Donald for Dareus straight up, but I do think he's the better player right now. It's also not surprising that he gets more credit considering their D was top 5 while ours was just average statistically.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

I wouldn't trade Donald for Dareus straight up, but I do think he's the better player right now. It's also not surprising that he gets more credit considering their D was top 5 while ours was just average statistically.
You statistic junkies are frustrating.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

Wait I thought we were talking about the D?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait I thought we were talking about the D?

Our defense finished 17th in yards and 16th in points.

Buffalo's was impressive almost all year long, finishing 4th in both categories. Most notably losing me my playoff fantasy matchup by shutting down Rodgers and Green Bay..

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
My bad. You made it sound like he only played half a season.
Yeah, my bad. It's just tough for a nose tackle to consistently get sacks, so I'll excuse him for the other 8 because it's incredibly tough at that position. But he basically had the same season path as Quinn this season.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah, my bad. It's just tough for a nose tackle to consistently get sacks, so I'll excuse him for the other 8 because it's incredibly tough at that position. But he basically had the same season path as Quinn this season.
That would be like Brockers getting 10 sacks, right? Pretty insane for the limited opportunities you get to rush the passer.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That would be like Brockers getting 10 sacks, right? Pretty insane for the limited opportunities you get to rush the passer.

Exactly. That's why I find it incredible that people dismiss Dareus. He does all this in the passing game when it's not even his responsibility, and he also anchors one of the top 5 run defenses in the NFL. He's deserving.

Of course, I don't expect many to watch Bills games. I just get bored during the offseason.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Exactly. That's why I find it incredible that people dismiss Dareus. He does all this in the passing game when it's not even his responsibility, and he also anchors one of the top 5 run defenses in the NFL. He's deserving.

Of course, I don't expect many to watch Bills games. I just get bored during the offseason.
Good post. Marcell is a monster on that line. I'm actually a Bills fan too so that's why I questioned you in the first place. If EJ can get it together this year, look out.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Good post. Marcell is a monster on that line. I'm actually a Bills fan too so that's why I questioned you in the first place. If EJ can get it together this year, look out.
I'm actually curious to see what Tyrod Taylor can do if he wins the starting job. He's an intriguing talent that's been sitting behind Flacco for a while, and I'd assume is much better mechanically. But with his athleticism and ability, he might be a real good QB.

Of course, EJ has a lot of talent too, so I'd like to see him succeed. Just not sure it's possible at this point.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

I'm actually curious to see what Tyrod Taylor can do if he wins the starting job. He's an intriguing talent that's been sitting behind Flacco for a while, and I'd assume is much better mechanically. But with his athleticism and ability, he might be a real good QB.

Of course, EJ has a lot of talent too, so I'd like to see him succeed. Just not sure it's possible at this point.
Gah, he's been so pumped up who knows how good he will be. He seems like a run first QB but I guess we will see.