Donald Scores Top 5 DT Madden Rating

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Posted 16 hours ago

Austin LankfordDigital Media Intern@AustinLankford3

Articleimageimg.jpg

Coming off a season that resulted in Defensive Rookie of the Year honors, Aaron Donald is now counted among the league’s elite at his position. Madden 16 has the same thoughts, ranking him the fifth best defensive tackle in the game with a 92 overall player rating.

Donald’s power and ability to finish plays are exhibited through a 93 Strength grade and a 90 Tackling mark. His ability to win one-on-one matchups in the trenches is noted with a 92 PWM (Power Move) score.

Maybe most evident about Donald is his ability to shed blocks and track down ball carriers. Madden 16 recognizes this, giving the second-year Ram a 90 Pursuit rating and a Defensive Tackle best 82 Speed grade.

Top 5 Defensive Tackles:
1. Ndamukong Suh (96 ovr)
2. Gerald McCoy (95 ovr)
3. Marcell Dareus (94 ovr)
4. Kyle Williams (93 ovr)
5. Aaron Donald (92 ovr)

- I call bullshit, rookie or not he was at least a top 3 tackle if not head to head with Suh. considering he only started 12 games!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Posted 16 hours ago

Austin LankfordDigital Media Intern@AustinLankford3

Articleimageimg.jpg

Coming off a season that resulted in Defensive Rookie of the Year honors, Aaron Donald is now counted among the league’s elite at his position. Madden 16 has the same thoughts, ranking him the fifth best defensive tackle in the game with a 92 overall player rating.

Donald’s power and ability to finish plays are exhibited through a 93 Strength grade and a 90 Tackling mark. His ability to win one-on-one matchups in the trenches is noted with a 92 PWM (Power Move) score.

Maybe most evident about Donald is his ability to shed blocks and track down ball carriers. Madden 16 recognizes this, giving the second-year Ram a 90 Pursuit rating and a Defensive Tackle best 82 Speed grade.

Top 5 Defensive Tackles:
1. Ndamukong Suh (96 ovr)
2. Gerald McCoy (95 ovr)
3. Marcell Dareus (94 ovr)
4. Kyle Williams (93 ovr)
5. Aaron Donald (92 ovr)

- I call bullcrap, rookie or not he was at least a top 3 tackle if not head to head with Suh. considering he only started 12 games!
I understand because he's a rookie. You know what's fucked up? D. Thomas from Denver is rated below Odell Beckum even though Thomas had the better season. He's not in the top 5!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Also Quinn got snubbed. And somehow Bowman is still one of the best MLB's in the game. I get that he was one of the best before his injury, but I don't see him playing anywhere near the same level as he did 2 years ago. A lot of rust to knock off, and he doesn't have enough talent around him to cover his weaknesses (if there is any).

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
He's top 2-3 in the league and only going to get better.So glad we got this guy at the time we needed offensive line help and were already loaded on the D-line.He's going to put some huge numbers for our defense and it will be fun to watch.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I understand because he's a rookie. You know what's freaked up? D. Thomas from Denver is rated below Odell Beckum even though Thomas had the better season. He's not in the top 5!
Most of the time these things are nothing more then a popularity contest.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I understand because he's a rookie. You know what's freaked up? D. Thomas from Denver is rated below Odell Beckum even though Thomas had the better season. He's not in the top 5!

Odell Beckham is on the game's cover which probably inflates his rating.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
The good thing about madden is when the season starts every week or 2 there is a roster update. So overall ratings will fluctuate anyway

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Marcell Dareus has earned his spot. He's easily one of the best DTs in the game.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
You know what's freaked up? D. Thomas from Denver is rated below Odell Beckum even though Thomas had the better season. He's not in the top 5!
In regards to Beckham being the most glorified player this season/offseason, that's fine. For anyone who has been blinded by the magnificent light that is, Odell Beckham Jr., no the Giants did not win the superbowl last season. In fact, despite having "the greatest athlete to walk the earth" the Giants finished 6-10. In the 12 games that he played in, 4-8. The season before 7-9. So let Beckham burn up stat sheets, and fantasy (I drafted him) during the regular season, because he'll be sitting home come january. I don't see the Giants making the playoffs or even being above .500 this year.

Alan

Legend
I hope the rest of the league thinks he's only the 5th best when it comes time to give him a new contract.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure he's great, elite almost, but he's never had a season as good as Donald just had.

I don't think they're asked to do the same things, and overall Buffalo's d was vastly superior to ours last year...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also Quinn got snubbed. And somehow Bowman is still one of the best MLB's in the game. I get that he was one of the best before his injury, but I don't see him playing anywhere near the same level as he did 2 years ago. A lot of rust to knock off, and he doesn't have enough talent around him to cover his weaknesses (if there is any).

This.

There is no way, NO WAY, that Michael Bennett is a better 4-3 DE than Quinn. NO WAY.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm sure he's great, elite almost, but he's never had a season as good as Donald just had.
The dude had 10 sacks in 8 games(more than Donald) and only had 4 less TFLs as Donald. AS A NOSE TACKLE. That's insane. That's a season just as good as Donald had. He's asked to take on double teams for the other players at 330 pounds, and he still produces like a 3 tech.

I know we're all homers, but let's give other players credit as well. Dareus in my opinion is easily a top 5 DT in the league and on par with Donald.