Dolamite's agent throws down the gauntlet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
DR Ram said:
it's incredibly stupid to basically spout off that you think the Rams FO is stupid for signing Titus Young Jr.
Let's revisit what was said:
News Bot said:
“I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,” Amendola’s agent, Erik Burkhardt, said Tuesday. “Titus Young isn’t anywhere in the same ZIP code as Danny as far as a player goes. I’m sure Young may disagree with that because he thinks he’s better than Calvin Johnson.”
I don't read it that way. Seems more pointed at Young than the Rams. And in one way the agent is absolutely correct. Bradford and Amendola have a connection. Young does not.
So, you are saying that the agent is saying what?
Interpretations are what they are.

Quote:
“I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,” Amendola’s agent, Erik Burkhardt, said Tuesday. “Titus Young isn’t anywhere in the same ZIP code as Danny as far as a player goes. I’m sure Young may disagree with that because he thinks he’s better than Calvin Johnson.”
It's inferred that Danny's agent is saying that Young is a piece of crap compared to Amendola, and then he refers to Young's reality as a player, or to his mental stability as ridiculous. That is a slap in the face to the F.O. that just signed him, IMO. Not yours?

actually he is just shooting down a stupid question with some hard truths. young isn't anywhere near the player amendola is right now. the last sentence was a throw away line. who among anyone that knows even the tiniest little bit about the nfl doesn't think young is crazy for stating he is better than calvin? can't blame anyone for having a crack at him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
kurtfaulk said:
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
DR Ram said:
it's incredibly stupid to basically spout off that you think the Rams FO is stupid for signing Titus Young Jr.
Let's revisit what was said:
News Bot said:
I don't read it that way. Seems more pointed at Young than the Rams. And in one way the agent is absolutely correct. Bradford and Amendola have a connection. Young does not.
So, you are saying that the agent is saying what?
Interpretations are what they are.

Quote:
It's inferred that Danny's agent is saying that Young is a piece of crap, compared to Amendola, and then he refers to Young's reality as a player, or to his mental stability as ridiculous. That is a slap in the face to the F.O. that just signed him, IMO. Not yours?

actually he is just shooting down a stupid question with some hard truths. young isn't anywhere near the player amendola is right now. the last sentence was a throw away line.[hil]who among anyone that knows even the tiniest little bit about the nfl doesn't think young is crazy for stating he is better than calvin? can't blame anyone for having a crack at him.[/hil]

Yeah, I can. It's stupid for an agent to say, or reverberate a statement like that. Especially to the team that you want to to deal with. We are talking about an agent in an ongoing negotiating process with our team. What if he said that Danny would make more if he played for a QB that doesn't suck, but is willing to re-sign regardless?..... Does that make the statement any different?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
kurtfaulk said:
actually he is just shooting down a stupid question with some hard truths. young isn't anywhere near the player amendola is right now. the last sentence was a throw away line.[hil]who among anyone that knows even the tiniest little bit about the nfl doesn't think young is crazy for stating he is better than calvin? can't blame anyone for having a crack at him.[/hil]

Yeah, I can. It's stupid for an agent to say, or reverberate a statement like that. Especially to the team that you want to to deal with. We are talking about an agent in an ongoing negotiating process with a our team. If he said that Danny would make more if he played for a QB that doesn't suck, but is willing to re-sign regardless..... Does that make the statement any different for you?

i think you're taking it way over the top. all he was saying is that amendola is a better wr than young, when countering a question that infered that amendola was now expendable for the rams. then he ended it with a joke. most of the time jokes don't translate well in print.

have you ever read the book jerry seinfeld put out? it had most of his material in there. when you read it he just sounds like a whiney bitch but when you see him deliver it on stage it is very funny.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Are you saying that I am a whiney bitch? LOL
So, what is the actual question? I haven't seen it quoted. I am only opining to things that I have seen in print in this forum. And...I am only opining. Who is to say whether you or I are right or wrong? I can say, without hesitation, that the agent was really stupid for saying what he did. There are much better ways to make your point, without insulting the team, or a player, or the front office of the team. Especially if or you are representing a client that you want to re-sign, or sign on the said team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
So, what is the actual question? I haven't seen it quoted.

i don't know but the answer was “I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,”.

so we can assume the question was something along the lines of how does the signing of titus young affect amendola's status with the rams. the inference is that amendola is now somehow expendable to the rams.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
kurtfaulk said:
DR RAM said:

i don't know but [hil]the answer was “I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,[/hil]”.

so we can assume the question was something along the lines of how does the signing of titus young affect amendola's status with the rams. the inference is that amendola is now somehow expendable to the rams.

What an incredible way to put it, without insulting everyone on the Rams. Well said. You should be D.A.'s agent, I think... Next?

nittany ram

Rookie
X said:
Plus, the guy he's ripping into, is actually on the same team as his client.

That's the key piece that makes his comments so stupid. If not for that the comment would be a minor footnote.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agree the agent the wrong approach with that comment. It can NOT help in any negotiating way, it can only hurt.

As much as I like DA, I can not say that he is in a different "zip code" than Young at this point. When TY plays, he plays pretty darn well. In fact, if Young could screw his head on straight, there is a lot of reason to expect him to outperform DA, and possibly by a wide margin. Hoping for the best.....

nighttrain

Legend
DR RAM said:
I don't think anyone thinks that all agents are warm and fuzzy. In fact, find me one. Personally, I think it's incredibly stupid to basically spout off that you think the Rams FO is stupid for signing Titus Young Jr. Fans opinions might not mean shyte, but being an asshole to the team that you are hoping to sign your player to isn't a good practice in anybody's book. The team is not going to look lightly on the fact of having a new team member spoken about in that light. There was a foul perpetuated in my eyes. Harm, we'll see. Don't burn your bridges, something that I was always taught. I still burned a few, but regretted it.
It's actually Young SR, and something tells me, just a feeling, that we just stole a very good WR, If Quick needs a reminder that the NFL is a produce now league, he just got it. Givens and DA are locks to start, providing we come to agreement with DA. Quick had best start producing, he and Young Sr. were both #2 picks..
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
nighttrain said:
DR RAM said:
I don't think anyone thinks that all agents are warm and fuzzy. In fact, find me one. Personally, I think it's incredibly stupid to basically spout off that you think the Rams FO is stupid for signing Titus Young Jr. Fans opinions might not mean shyte, but being an asshole to the team that you are hoping to sign your player to isn't a good practice in anybody's book. The team is not going to look lightly on the fact of having a new team member spoken about in that light. There was a foul perpetuated in my eyes. Harm, we'll see. Don't burn your bridges, something that I was always taught. I still burned a few, but regretted it.
It's actually Young SR, and something tells me, just a feeling, that we just stole a very good WR, If Quick needs a reminder that the NFL is a produce now league, he just got it. Givens and DA are locks to start, providing we come to agreement with DA. Quick had best start producing, he and Young Sr. were both #2 picks..
train

Good point and if I was his agent I would be reminding him that he was one phone call from Fisher away from trying out for the CFL. Nobody else put in a claim for him. That has to be a wake up call. Beg on the Twitterverse to be released then NOBODY calls you.....lol. That would have my undivided attention for sure.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
kurtfaulk said:
DR RAM said:

i don't know but [hil]the answer was “I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,[/hil]”.

What an incredible way to put it, without insulting everyone on the Rams. Well said. You should be D.A.'s agent, I think... Next?

Clearly you're not suggesting he should have stopped right there before saying something stupid - are you Doc?

Look. IMO Danny's agent was being a douche and put his need to be a little sniping bitch ahead of the best interest of his client IN THAT INSTANCE. Yeah - maybe he gets in the negotiating process and works hard to get a deal done. But it was a completely bitchy little thing to say and it benefits NOBODY.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Faceplant said:
Agree the agent the wrong approach with that comment. It can NOT help in any negotiating way, it can only hurt.

As much as I like DA, I can not say that he is in a different "zip code" than Young at this point. When TY plays, he plays pretty darn well. In fact, if Young could screw his head on straight, there is a lot of reason to expect him to outperform DA, and possibly by a wide margin. Hoping for the best.....

I agree with this.

I like DA. I think he's a tough player to game plan for, when he's on the field.

I think Titus Young is a good player too, if his head is on straight.

So, as far as zip codes;

Amendola needs to stay healthy to be effective.

TY needs to keep his head on straight to be effective.

Both have baggage. Probably closer zip codes than the agent thinks.

…..

Legend
Amendola hasnt signed yet.....this guy should keep it down because one could make a valid argument that Titus Young would fill in nicely for a departed Amendola. :nono: