Dolamite's agent throws down the gauntlet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlive.com/lions/team/1360158844-823-986/former-detroit-lions-wr-titus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlive.com/lions/team/1360158 ... titus.html</a>

Since the Detroit Lions have cut ties with receiver Titus Young, we all can move onto more pressing matters with this team.

Let us end the legacy of Young Sr. with this.

St. Louis Rams receiver Danny Amendola is an unrestricted free agent this offseason, and when the St. Louis Dispatch asked his agent how the signing of Young affected his client, he dropped this bomb:

“I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,” Amendola’s agent, Erik Burkhardt, said Tuesday. “Titus Young isn’t anywhere in the same ZIP code as Danny as far as a player goes. I’m sure Young may disagree with that because he thinks he’s better than Calvin Johnson.”

Drop the mic … walk off stage.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Strong words.

But, ya know, that agent needs to shut his fuckin' mouth. Titus hasn't even walked into the facilities yet, and this numbnut is already stirring up controversy. Real smooth. Way to put your client in the position of having to answer those kinds of questions.

red_forman.jpg

"Dumbass."

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DA5bxQ3VJE[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
What a prize idiot... let's cause friction from the offset why don't we.
Zactly. What a buffoon.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Talk about unnecessary. I agree Amendola is a better player, but your job isn't to start shit, your job is to negotiate a deal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is he TRYING to get Danny out of St Louis? What an idiot. So now, should we sign Danny (hopefully), there will be instant friction any time the two are in the same building.

Agents - effin used car salesmen on steroids. KD's dad excepted of course. :sly:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
IDK. Why should anyone tip-toe around Young?

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Fisher has already told Young to keep out of controversy, and with the other hand has contrived to create a situation to test Young's ability to follow orders.

:popcorn:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
He finished with "BBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTCCCCCHHHHHH" but I guess they cut that out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Pretty standard public hard core negotiating. He got asked a dumbazz question by the paper (imagine that LOL) and punched back while using the opportunity to send a little message.

Happens all the time. Agents are supposed to be the bad guys for the good guys. That's how it works.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
Pretty standard public hard core negotiating. He got asked a dumbazz question by the paper (imagine that LOL) and punched back while using the opportunity to send a little message.

Happens all the time. Agents are supposed to be the bad guys for the good guys. That's how it works.
Balls.

There are a lot of agents who don't do that.
Plus, the guy he's ripping into, is actually on the same team as his client.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
LesBaker said:

Balls.

I call bs on that also. Any agent who operates like that will not have a long life in the NFL as an agent. Was he asked a dumb ass question??? Probably.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
DR RAM said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

Balls.

I call bs on that also. Any agent who operates like that will not have a long life in the NFL as an agent. Was he asked a dumb ass question??? Probably.

It isn't like he's Drew Rosenhaus.....he made a point by cracking back at a dumb question by a reporter and left it at that. He had an opportunity and took it. It was not a bad move.

Negotiating happens a lot of different ways and not all agents and warm and fuzzy. This guy obviously isn't. At the end of the negotiations if he gets DA on the Rams roster for money that makes both parties happy he did his job. There is no space on his bank deposit slip that says "Fan Opinion" I can assure you of that.

This type of thing happens when a team lets a productive player become a free agent. We saw this with Bruce and Jackson remember. It'll unfold, mostly out of sight. But a little bit of this type of thing doesn't bother me. It happens enough that it's almost nothing.

Look at the things the Rams new WR tweeted and said to the media. Way worse than what DA's agent just popped off with. No harm no foul so far.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
LesBaker said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

Balls.

It isn't like he's Drew Rosenhaus.....he made a point by cracking back at a dumb question by a reporter and left it at that. He had an opportunity and took it. It was not a bad move.

Negotiating happens a lot of different ways and not all agents and warm and fuzzy. This guy obviously isn't. At the end of the negotiations if he gets DA on the Rams roster for money that makes both parties happy he did his job. There is no space on his bank deposit slip that says "Fan Opinion" I can assure you of that.

This type of thing happens when a team lets a productive player become a free agent. We saw this with Bruce and Jackson remember. It'll unfold, mostly out of sight. But a little bit of this type of thing doesn't bother me. It happens enough that it's almost nothing.

Look at the things the Rams new WR tweeted and said to the media. Way worse than what DA's agent just popped off with. No harm no foul so far.
I don't think anyone thinks that all agents are warm and fuzzy. In fact, find me one. Personally, I think it's incredibly stupid to basically spout off that you think the Rams FO is stupid for signing Titus Young Jr. Fans opinions might not mean shit, but being an asshole to the team that you are hoping to sign your player to isn't a good practice in anybody's book. The team is not going to look lightly on the fact of having a new team member spoken about in that light. There was a foul perpetuated in my eyes. Harm, we'll see. Don't burn your bridges, something that I was always taught. I still burned a few, but regretted it.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
DR Ram said:
it's incredibly stupid to basically spout off that you think the Rams FO is stupid for signing Titus Young Jr.
Let's revisit what was said:
News Bot said:
“I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,” Amendola’s agent, Erik Burkhardt, said Tuesday. “Titus Young isn’t anywhere in the same ZIP code as Danny as far as a player goes. I’m sure Young may disagree with that because he thinks he’s better than Calvin Johnson.”
I don't read it that way. Seems more pointed at Young than the Rams. And in one way the agent is absolutely correct. Bradford and Amendola have a connection. Young does not.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ram Quixote said:
DR Ram said:
it's incredibly stupid to basically spout off that you think the Rams FO is stupid for signing Titus Young Jr.
Let's revisit what was said:
News Bot said:
I don't read it that way. Seems more pointed at Young than the Rams. And in one way the agent is absolutely correct. Bradford and Amendola have a connection. Young does not.
So, you are saying that the agent is saying what?
Interpretations are what they are.

Quote:
It's inferred that Danny's agent is saying that Young is a piece of crap compared to Amendola, and then he refers to Young's reality as a player, or to his mental stability as ridiculous. That is a slap in the face to the F.O. that just signed him, IMO. Not yours?