Dog Food Reviews

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I agree with Wilderness by Blue Buffalo. I fed it to my Siberian Husky for years (before the ex took him) and he was always in good health. I had my pit bull mix on Wellness and she loved it.

Call me a softy but I would feel bad for my dogs eating the same food day in and day out. I would get them their (expensive) bags of dry food and some cans of wet food to flavor the dry up a bit for when I didn't have protein leftovers to mix in (chicken, beef, pork, etc).

Crap like Purina would give them the runs and my husky would lose hair. According to his vet, he had an allergic reaction to the corn in most low quality dog foods. Never will I buy anything outside of blue or wellness branded dog foods.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
My Golden is, and has been for some time now, eating this Nature's Domain food from Costco.
natures-domain.png
Occasionally, it's mixed with the canned variety. Why? Because he likes it and more importantly, it doesn't give him diarrhea like most everything else. I've tried many of the "top rated" foods with disastrous gastronomical results. :sick::puke: Even feeding him fresh food has been problematic. At this point, I'd rather not subject either one of us to failed experimentation. (n);)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My Golden is, and has been for some time now, eating this Nature's Domain food from Costco.
natures-domain.png
Occasionally, it's mixed with the canned variety. Why? Because he likes it and more importantly, it doesn't give him diarrhea like most everything else. I've tried many of the "top rated" foods with disastrous gastronomical results. :sick::puke: Even feeding him fresh food has been problematic. At this point, I'd rather not subject either one of us to failed experimentation. (n);)

RedRam

Pro Bowler

I love the kid's voice at the end..."I think we're done here!" :rolllaugh:

Fortunately, the dog has not added that trick to his repertoire. Let's hope it stays that way. For the sake of the two of us!

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Great topic.
It's amazing what companies are allowed to put in dog food and how they are allowed to advertise it. For example, some advertise as "nutritionally complete" but use very cheap non-chelated vitamins that dogs can't even digest!

We had good luck with EVO brand food, but it's pretty spendy (around $55/ 28 pound bag). If you have a Costco locally, we buy their Kirkland Natures Domain grain free ($30/ 35 pound bag). My dog loves it, his coat is nice and shiny and zero digestion problems.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Ours eats Diamond brand lamb and rice. The breeder recommended it and it seems to be treating him well. Good looking little dork of a Lab. Seriously - he's a major dork. I say that affectionately of course. Did I mention he's a dork? His favorite trick is to run into the middle of a family at the beach and take a big crap. Seriously - he will often hold it until the opportunity presents itself. I half expect him to kind of make the "tada" gesture when he's done. We try to run down away from people with him but sometimes - no dice. He also likes to pee and crap on sand castles - the newer the better.

That's hilarious Stu. We are watching our sons Lab right now (He said for a few weeks until he finds a place that allows big dogs....months have passed) Poor dog, like most labs, he is active and likes to run. I take him out as often as I can, but I am gone at work, or working from home and he comes up and whines for a walk, 3-5 times a day.

My wife takes him here and there, and the son is mostly nowhere to be found coming to exercise HIS dog, so it is on me, mostly.

Here is the kicker- "Blitz" is the opposite of your Lab. He is so private when he takes a dump. I take him out of the neighborhood and he ducks into the bushes to go. :whistle: Although once in a while he hits a neighbors lawn, :poop:. Out comes the bag.:cautious:

I'd pay a dollar to see the reaction of the poor kid who built the sandcastle.:rolllaugh: Great stories.

As far as food, we have a fox terrier, and a deer Chihuahua. Until Blitz showed up, those guys ate like kings- mostly rice and chicken my wife cooked up, or the occasional spaghetti, my terrier's favorite. ("I know he looks French, but he is really Italian", my wife always says.)

I know, lock us up for feeding our dogs incorrectly. :unsure:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
natures-domain.png

Good info Red - I'm gonna' try this. Mari went with Origen (due to its good rep/reviews), but we're fighting diahrrea off and on. Not alone in my (dog's) reaction to this.
I'm starting too think there's just to much info out there, as in a lot of it is bullshit. ('Scuse the pun).