Does Richie Incognito Deserve Another Chance in the NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
While what Incognito did was wrong, it's not nearly as bad as some of the things that other players still playing in the league have done.

Wife beating, drunk driving, etc.

If they have a place in this game, then so does Richie.

To me it comes down to frequency and type. He is a serial offender.

One DUI is nowhere near what RI has "accomplished". Neither is one domestic violence call to the police because those can vary in degree wildly.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
What has Incognito done to make him anything but a jerk? He's never been arrested for anything.

Players who are multiple offenders are allowed to keep playing this game, but Incognito shouldn't be because he bullied a 325 lb. man?

Ray Rice may not even miss a game for knocking his wife out cold and dragging her out to the parking lot, but this is enough to keep Incognito off the field?

Seems silly to me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What has Incognito done to make him anything but a jerk? He's never been arrested for anything.

Players who are multiple offenders are allowed to keep playing this game, but Incognito shouldn't be because he bullied a 325 lb. man?

Ray Rice may not even miss a game for knocking his wife out cold and dragging her out to the parking lot, but this is enough to keep Incognito off the field?

Seems silly to me.

It goes beyond being a jerk though. Lots of guys are jerks, RI is worse than that. Not being arrested has nothing to do with this. Athletes often don't get arrested.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shut...-dates-back-early-college-224648711--nfl.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/08/richie-incognito-molesting-woman-golf_n_4240725.html

He cut a check to the woman to keep it from going to court. Here is the police report.

http://www.local10.com/blob/view/-/...3j9/-/Redacted-Aventura-police-report-pdf.pdf

If he plays again so be it, I just hate to see people reduce this type of thing to the "boys will be boys" factor or that "other guys have done worse". The NFL has despicable people playing and coaching in its ranks. Incognito is one of them and is among the worst IMO.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just hate to see people reduce this type of thing to the "boys will be boys" factor or that "other guys have done worse". The NFL has despicable people playing and coaching in its ranks. Incognito is one of them and is among the worst IMO.

I agree.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Athletes often don't get arrested.

They most certainly do.

If he plays again so be it, I just hate to see people reduce this type of thing to the "boys will be boys" factor or that "other guys have done worse". The NFL has despicable people playing and coaching in its ranks. Incognito is one of them and is among the worst IMO.

If you equate what Incognito has done to players who have killed in drunk driving accidents, beat their wives/girlfriends on multiple occasions, or have done a multitude of other things, that's your prerogative. But the bold is exactly why I think the self-righteousness of those in the league who are saying Richie should never play is laughable.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They most certainly do.

If you equate what Incognito has done to players who have killed in drunk driving accidents, beat their wives/girlfriends on multiple occasions, or have done a multitude of other things, that's your prerogative. But the bold is exactly why I think the self-righteousness of those in the league who are saying Richie should never play is laughable.

As far as getting arrested it's common knowledge that athletes get the rules bent for them. Sometimes they do get arrested, sometimes they don't.

As far as equating killing someone driving drunk, or killing dogs I don't know how you think I am equating RI with those guys, I am not. I don't know of any players that have multiple spousal abuse arrests, but I know a few guys have had one and I addressed that.

I don't know if anyone in the league is saying RI shouldn't play again, I haven't read that. And I'd bet that if there were any people saying that they would probably say that about other payers too.

I can tell you with great certainty that there will be plenty of teams that won't want him anywhere near their facilities. I don't care one way or the other if he plays again, but we already know plenty of teams don't want him around because of his long, ugly history.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
It goes beyond being a jerk though. Lots of guys are jerks, RI is worse than that. Not being arrested has nothing to do with this. Athletes often don't get arrested.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shut...-dates-back-early-college-224648711--nfl.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/08/richie-incognito-molesting-woman-golf_n_4240725.html

He cut a check to the woman to keep it from going to court. Here is the police report.

http://www.local10.com/blob/view/-/...3j9/-/Redacted-Aventura-police-report-pdf.pdf

Do you believe people can change or they should be labeled on there history?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
As far as equating killing someone driving drunk, or killing dogs I don't know how you think I am equating RI with those guys, I am not. I don't know of any players that have multiple spousal abuse arrests, but I know a few guys have had one and I addressed that.

I guess I misunderstood when you said this:

The NFL has despicable people playing and coaching in its ranks. Incognito is one of them and is among the worst IMO.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Do you believe people can change or they should be labeled on there history?

I know people can change. I believe Vick changed tremendously from his situation. Incognito doesn't seem to be the type to change though because he has a history of getting caught doing shit but he keeps on doing shit anyway. So it becomes not history but the present as well. He's been like this since college, thee are reasons why he got kicked out of two colleges.....he is a serial offender.

ZigZag

There are several players who have done much worse things, IMO.

Several can mean 4, and it can mean 40, and "worse" is subjective.

Getting a DUI to me isn't worse that a lot of the crap Incognito has done, obviously hurting or even killing someone while driving drunk is way worse.

Spousal abuse in almost every case is worse, but not every case. I say that because pushing your wife/GF down is not as bad as poking a woman in the crotch with a golf club and humping her ass then throwing water in her face. But punching a woman and knocking her out like Rice did then dragging her out of an elevator is worse.

So there are degrees here.

And what RI has done in his history is among some of the worst. But if someone wants to pay to to play I don't care. I'm just pointing out that he isn't a victim of anything and has been a turd for many, many years.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I think we have a much different idea of what crimes are worse than others.

Rather than taking this further into that discussion, I'm checking out. (y)

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I know people can change. I believe Vick changed tremendously from his situation. Incognito doesn't seem to be the type to change though because he has a history of getting caught doing crap but he keeps on doing crap anyway. So it becomes not history but the present as well. He's been like this since college, thee are reasons why he got kicked out of two colleges.....he is a serial offender.

ZigZag

There are several players who have done much worse things, IMO.

Several can mean 4, and it can mean 40, and "worse" is subjective.

Getting a DUI to me isn't worse that a lot of the crap Incognito has done, obviously hurting or even killing someone while driving drunk is way worse.

Spousal abuse in almost every case is worse, but not every case. I say that because pushing your wife/GF down is not as bad as poking a woman in the crotch with a golf club and humping her ass then throwing water in her face. But punching a woman and knocking her out like Rice did then dragging her out of an elevator is worse.

So there are degrees here.

And what RI has done in his history is among some of the worst. But if someone wants to pay to to play I don't care. I'm just pointing out that he isn't a victim of anything and has been a turd for many, many years.

Ok cool, just making sure ;)

I think he will change if given another chance but this time I wouldn't call it another chance I'd call it a last chance. The reason why I think he will change is because he's never been put on blast like he has with the Martin stuff before, surprisingly.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ok cool, just making sure ;)

I think he will change if given another chance but this time I wouldn't call it another chance I'd call it a last chance. The reason why I think he will change is because he's never been put on blast like he has with the Martin stuff before, surprisingly.

I agree if that type of negative attention doesn't create some level of self awareness he is hopeless LOL.