Does Richie Incognito Deserve Another Chance in the NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sure. Why not.
You know what you're getting with Incognito, so it's up to the HC to determine if he's able to manage that kind of personality.

He would be premium depth if Saffold has to play OT for a few games.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yes, he does. If Kenny Britt is still in the NFL, Incognito should be as well. Obviously teams dont want him though.

To put it simply, Incognito is a better player and better guard than Davin Joseph is. But Joseph was signed first, and he had very little interest and doesnt have the ability of Incognito coming off an ACL. So evidently Incognito isnt looked highly upon by NFL teams.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
what moral highground does the nfl think that is on that it can even ask such a question?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Greg Williams gets a second chance so does Incognito. Williams told players to physically hurt players. Any Rams fan that is happy about Williams being with the team would be a hypocrite if they didn't think Richie should get another shot.

The rest of the Dolphins Olinemen continued to back Richie too. That tells me that it couldn't be the horror show the media made it out to be.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't think he does. Not because of the Martin thing solely though...but because of the sum of all his antics. He's bad for the organization, team, and PR. He has taunted fans, committed ridiculous personal fouls, sexually harassed and assaulted women, physically assaulted security guards, made racial slurs (which was EXTREMELY more vulgar and disgusting than anything Donald Sterling did), and was a major contributor to a bullying scandal. I'd say he doesn't "deserve" anything.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
He's a road grader. I would take him back. Fisher/Williams could handle him.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I rooted for him as a Ram. He's got some real talent. Too bad he's a total dumb ass.

Nobody should be denied the ability to accept a job they've been offered.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
what moral highground does the nfl think that is on that it can even ask such a question?

Well the moral high ground of political correctness of course.

The league is running scared from it's past , I don't agree they really need to but in the age of litigation perception has becomes far more important than truth.

Once they get you on the run, the hyenas have you.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I never bought in to the whole idea that Martin was hurt by any of those things. He was running with Cogs chasing women and doing who knows what all and enjoying every minute of it. Giving as much as he was taking, he cried his rich mommy and daddy mad a stink and the media ran a witch hunt that the NFL "had" to buy into. Total BS and if Martin is back then Cogs should not be restricted from earning a living playing football.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Hold the NFL execs to the same standards that they hold their players to !!!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I formerly wanted the Rams to get Incogs (if they didn't get Greg Robinson).
But as a player he has two big problems
So, after thinking about it, I have only two reasons NOT to like him for this Rams team:

a) he misses a lot of pass blocking assignments for veteran, and smart player...this means "I don't care, I am so good, and I wanna get high tonight, and then hit the bars". You read the reports on him, and he was just a good time party boy. [So was I for 20 years, but I wasn't protecting a $15millon QB]
This man lacks accountability. Spags, maybe not a great leader, but still Cogs didn't respect him....and that never changed (see 2013 Dolphins)
*If I remember Cogs had a 31 (or 28 at lowest) on the Wonderlic...he is pretty smart from an IQ perspective...and he switched between center and guard seemlessly...

b) Team Chemistry: Rams can't afford 'missed assignments' from veterans...they have enough 'young & inexperienced' play from McCleod and WR's.

He is a great run blocker, and when focused has everything he needs to be an very good pass blocker. UNDER achievers are ok on great teams like Seattle or Greenbay, where the QB can make up for the 'missed' assignment. The Rams don't have that luxury at QB with Sam B or HIll.

I must have grown up to consider team chemistry so important.....I am proud of myself....I must pat myself on the back now!
I should be called "Mr. Bold" and mister point a) and b)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think he does. Not because of the Martin thing solely though...but because of the sum of all his antics. He's bad for the organization, team, and PR. He has taunted fans, committed ridiculous personal fouls, sexually harassed and assaulted women, physically assaulted security guards, made racial slurs (which was EXTREMELY more vulgar and disgusting than anything Donald Sterling did), and was a major contributor to a bullying scandal. I'd say he doesn't "deserve" anything.

People have forgotten all of the horrible things this sociopathic asshole has done. And the reason he has done them is people have let him get away with it, and people are still willing to get away with it. Until it's their daughter of course.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He seems like a bully who gets some sort of perverse joy out of hurting people, emotionally. How would you like to be in a lot line dispute with him as your neighbor? Yikes!!!!!!!!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Greg Williams gets a second chance so does Incognito. Williams told players to physically hurt players. Any Rams fan that is happy about Williams being with the team would be a hypocrite if they didn't think Richie should get another shot.
That certainly is logical.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He seems like a bully who gets some sort of perverse joy out of hurting people, emotionally. How would you like to be in a lot line dispute with him as your neighbor? Yikes!!!!!!!!

He comes across worse than that to me after reading the one column that basically detailed his antics from college to the bullying scandal.

He has mental issues that have been compounded by the culture of football in college and the pros. If you can play you get away with a lot of very poor behavior. When you empower an egotistical sociopath you end up with an Incognito type, the problem for a coaching staff now is how you unwind that and did the public flogging and disgrace make him truly take stock (like with Vick) or is he just going through the motions so he can get the NFL paychecks again.

It's a big risk.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
While what Incognito did was wrong, it's not nearly as bad as some of the things that other players still playing in the league have done.

Wife beating, drunk driving, etc.

If they have a place in this game, then so does Richie.