Does Bailey beat out Quick for.spot opposite Givens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Diversity in match-ups, that is how this team is being built, it will be particular snaps, not who starts, that will make this team great.

You'll see.
Yeah, that's how I see it too.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
DR RAM said:
A55VA6 said:
I think they'll all have their own roles.

It's weird to think 'we're set at WR' and we feel damn good about it.
This year, we still need a seasoned vet at WR, to complete us, but I am really happy about the prospects.

I predict the Titans will let go of Nate Washington and Fisher gets him here. The only problem w/ the Vet WR theory is they want the youth to develop this season. So they need to play & learn on the fly this season. Sink or swim w/ the eye for 2015. This season is about the process of Competing and growing as a unit/team.

Now if Quick takes a big step this season and Austin can give us a Splash play or two a game with Givens improving plus Cook we are in business folks.

2013 the year St. Louis unveils the Gateway Assassins to a stadium near you!!!!

RamsNation

Rookie
Yea I think Quick and givens will be the "starters" but this offense is all about match ups.We will see all our young WR's get playing time if they are all up to speed by season start.We have deep unproven talent so some will separate from others and get more snaps.Im not getting to caught up in who starts rather who plays better.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
DR RAM said:
Diversity in match-ups, that is how this team is being built, it will be particular snaps, not who starts, that will make this team great.

You'll see.
Yeah, that's how I see it too.
Ditto.......I hate being 3rd :?!:

jap

Legend
GreeneCounty said:
Quick better show something next year. He looked way raw running his routes last year.

That because he was raw. He never truly ran disciplined routes in college, then all of a sudden he found himself in the league running the most sophisticated routes on the planet. However, they are working with him, and from what little I've heard he's progressing. We'll see the results soon enough.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
jap said:
GreeneCounty said:
Quick better show something next year. He looked way raw running his routes last year.

That because he was raw. He never truly ran disciplined routes in college, then all of a sudden he found himself in the league running the most sophisticated routes on the planet. However, they are working with him, and from what little I've heard he's progressing. We'll see the results soon enough.

jap good too see you on here. I like his size hope he develops a skill set.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
GreeneCounty said:
jap said:
GreeneCounty said:

jap good too see you on here. I like his size hope he develops a skill set.
I heard that he didn't have a receivers coach from multiple sources.

When you watch his tape, he's a freak...very explosive.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Brian Quick's build reminds me of Andre Johnson. If he develops to be anything like him then watch out!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lockdnram21 said:
HitStick said:
iced said:
doubt it. It's givens and quick's spot until they lose it. They atleast know the offense.

Rookies still have to make the transition. Glad to know Austin is already reading the play book

Givens will not lose it.

Does Quick really know the offense?

or

Does he know more NOW than Bailey can learn by the time the season rolls around?

How do u know givens want loose it. Next year givens will se a lot of doubles . He had trouble in traffic. I have no doubts in my mind that quick and givens will be the starters. Watch quick is going to be a beast. I dont know about putting Bailey on the outside . This is not college this the pros. Sea an saf both got good dbs, and hes not that fast or tall. I hope he does well but im skeptical.

Well, If Givens is drawing double coverage then that means someone is open...that's what you want in an offense. You don't take a player off the field if he is drawing dou ble coverage.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i still believe quick has the best chance of all the rams wrs to be that truly dominant wr on the field. should be able to out muscle the defender for the ball, win the jump ball situations, bulldoze over dbs.

it's all in front of him if he wants it.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
A55VA6 said:

While the group can be good. We certainly cant say we are "set" at WR yet. The group has potential but the group is yet still VERY young and for the most part very unproven.

A55VA6

Legend
biggame1190 said:
A55VA6 said:

While the group can be good. We certainly cant say we are "set" at WR yet. The group has potential but the group is yet still VERY young and for the most part very unproven.
Yes they are unproven, but when I mean "set" I mean, is WR a glaring hole like it has been? No. We have the players that we believe can carry us to the playoffs... Now.

A playmaker like Austin. Bailey who is a great route runner with sure hands. Productive WR in his rookie year in Givens. Pettis has been a redzone threat. Add Cook in there with his big frame and freakish athletic ability and speed.

It's not looked at as a hole now. It's a young group with the potential to be one of the best in the league in the coming years. Just saying, we can look at our WR's and actually be happy with it.

Just imagine... what if in 10 years Austin and Bailey end up like Holt and Bruce?

A55VA6

Legend
biggame1190 said:
A55VA6 said:
Just imagine... what if in 10 years Austin and Bailey end up like Holt and Bruce?

:lmao: you sure shoot for the stars don't you...
I don't think taking a shot at me is necessary.

All you do is act like every single player the Rams get will NEVER even have a chance to be better than previous Rams players. You have to BELIEVE in these guys. You don't even give them a chance! Don't you want these guys to be great? The greatest ever? I'm not saying that's my expectation... I'm saying.. what if they did? How awesome would it be?

Yeah Holt and Bruce were GREAT. HOF players. Torry Holt was my favorite player growing up. But don't you want this new era of WR's to be the greatest ever? How great would that be for the Rams? I'm not saying they are GOING to be.. but it's a HOPE every team should have for their players.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
A55VA6 said:
biggame1190 said:
A55VA6 said:

:lmao: you sure shoot for the stars don't you...
I don't think taking a shot at me is necessary.

All you do is act like every single player the Rams get will NEVER even have a chance to be better than previous Rams players. You have to BELIEVE in these guys. You don't even give them a chance! Don't you want these guys to be great? The greatest ever? I'm not saying that's my expectation... I'm saying.. what if they did? How awesome would it be?

Yeah Holt and Bruce were GREAT. HOF players. Torry Holt was my favorite player growing up. But don't you want this new era of WR's to be the greatest ever? How great would that be for the Rams? I'm not saying they are GOING to be.. but it's a HOPE every team should have for their players.
100 percent agree

There is nothing wrong with a fan having hope in the future batch of players and vocalizing a thought of how great they may get to. If you dont belive the same there is nothing wrong with you vocalizing your issues in form of debate. What I do have a problem with is just taking pot shots at people for the sake of taking the shot. We all are hear as fans which would mean I would hope we all would hope our future crop would succeed and have higger hopes

Ram_of_Old

I think they both will be on the field much of the time. Austin will be in the slot. He will be moved around all over the field...even in the backfield.