Does Bailey beat out Quick for.spot opposite Givens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He is far more polished. Unless Quick made a huuuuge jump then I say Givens, Bailey, and Austin are the top 3 while Quick will just be situational.

What say you???

P.S. I love Snead.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My opinion, worth about as much as a pot of beans....It is not about as much as beating out, or starting, but this is about match-ups, and THEY are KING. Bailey is a better version of my boy, Gibson. Quick is a nightmare match-up, yo. This offense is a freaking match-up nightmare.

Just try to cover our ass now. SF just conceded and tried to beat us by pass rush....they lose, pass rush us and Tavon, or Cook will steal your lunch. Hang back and Bailey, or Givens, or Quick will kill you. And...there is no stacking the box anymore, so hello, please meet Mr. Pead, and Mr. Richardson, who will torch your ass.

Bailey plays fast, but so does>>>>>>>>>>so many guys it's re-dick.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
They all will have their roll. Fyi WV offense was faaaar from anything a NFL offense represents. Bailey and Austin both have a ways to go to get caught up. They're all gonna ball out though. Depends on the situation.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Two different players. I think Quick has some room to grow, but he's probably going to be good once he develops. I think we dress all 5 receivers (plus both TE's) and use them in different situations.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Bailey has a sprinters stride when he is running full out.

I am stoked beyond belief in the tools that we have now.

A55VA6

Legend
I think they'll all have their own roles.

It's weird to think 'we're set at WR' and we feel damn good about it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A55VA6 said:
I think they'll all have their own roles.

It's weird to think 'we're set at WR' and we feel damn good about it.
This year, we still need a seasoned vet at WR, to complete us, but I am really happy about the prospects.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
love it, love it, love it...

We've literally got speed coming from all angles - I'm so chuffed at how Fisher and Snead have turned our offense around in such a short time....

Simba

Rookie
In my opinion they are different players.Bailey is going to play some special formations and will be the first Austin's option.If he shows having skills could be an "ordinary option" with Tavon too, playing more and more ...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
speed_limit.jpg

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Username said:
They all will have their roll. Fyi WV offense was faaaar from anything a NFL offense represents. Bailey and Austin both have a ways to go to get caught up. They're all gonna ball out though. Depends on the situation.
Yup, but aren't you delighted at the quality of this coaching staff? :cool:

"we will build them"............................ :what:

iced

doubt it. It's givens and quick's spot until they lose it. They atleast know the offense.

Rookies still have to make the transition. Glad to know Austin is already reading the play book

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wouldn't think in terms of "positions" on this team, to be honest. I think this offense is gonna be all about motion and creating mismatches. We could see any of these guys line up at any number of positions, and that includes Cook & Kendricks as well.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
I wouldn't think in terms of "positions" on this team, to be honest. I think this offense is gonna be all about motion and creating mismatches. We could see any of these guys line up at any number of positions, and that includes Cook & Kendricks as well.

Yep ... that's the way I see it too.

Last yr they kept 6 WR's, 4 RB's, 4 TE's. They can still do that ,and talent wise, it's much better now. Last yr, too many guys with similar skill sets. Now it is like a "build your own" pizza lol

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
doubt it. It's givens and quick's spot until they lose it. They atleast know the offense.

Rookies still have to make the transition. Glad to know Austin is already reading the play book

Givens will not lose it.

Does Quick really know the offense?

or

Does he know more NOW than Bailey can learn by the time the season rolls around?

lockdnram21

Legend
HitStick said:
iced said:

Givens will not lose it.

or

Does he know more NOW than Bailey can learn by the time the season rolls around?

How do u know givens want loose it. Next year givens will se a lot of doubles . He had trouble in traffic. I have no doubts in my mind that quick and givens will be the starters. Watch quick is going to be a beast. I dont know about putting Bailey on the outside . This is not college this the pros. Sea an saf both got good dbs, and hes not that fast or tall. I hope he does well but im skeptical.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
lockdnram21 said:
HitStick said:
iced said:

Givens will not lose it.

or

How do u know givens want loose it. Next year givens will se a lot of doubles . He had trouble in traffic. I have no doubts in my mind that quick and givens will be the starters. Watch quick is going to be a beast. I dont know about putting Bailey on the outside . This is not college this the pros. Sea an saf both got good dbs, and hes not that fast or tall. I hope he does well but im skeptical.

Bailey is faster then he looks he has deceptive speed and good breaks and cuts

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Diversity in match-ups, that is how this team is being built, it will be particular snaps, not who starts, that will make this team great.

You'll see.