Do we have an overload at TE?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Love Higbee the player. But, I didn't know about all of this (and in LA?):

Our last scout of the day, this one speaking on tight end Tyler Higbee, selected by the Rams in the fourth round: "He is a major partier. That was his big problem, despite the arrests. He has a lot of maturing to do, and I'm not sure he can mature fast enough."

Oh boy.

Higbee has a series of pending charges. So, there's that.

This was a pick better made in the sixth, or possibly not at all.

View: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636931-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-the-super-duper-drafty-edition

I guess we're all hoping that his latest incident is a wake up call, he was fortunate to be picked in the 4th round

There is no doubt in my mind Fisher has sat this boy down, I'll go on record for liking his chances.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I consider us having 3 TEs in Kendricks, Higbee, and Hemingway. 1 FB in Harkey, and I doubt Cunningham makes the roster. I think our numbers are perfect.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams had both TEs targeted to upgrade the passing game. They both stick this year because they both add what the Rams lack in the passing game. Lance is safe of course. Cunningham vs Harkey is the battle IMO.
I think Harkey is underrated...Cunningham hasn't impressed me at all, while Harkey has caught almost every pass that I have seen thrown to him, and he blocks GREAT. I would be very disappointed if we jettisoned him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We drafted two guys today and still have Kendricks, Harkey and Cunningham. We can't keep 5, right?
No, I wouldn't say we're over loaded. I would say we have some real competition at TE, and WR for that matter! And no way do we keep 5 TE's!;):D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Harkey is underrated...Cunningham hasn't impressed me at all, while Harkey has caught almost every pass that I have seen thrown to him, and he blocks GREAT. I would be very disappointed if we jettisoned him.

Harkey's just a guy brother. He has flashed on rare occasions catching the ball, but with the average guys those flash plays are too few and far between. Hark is a great blocker that is never going to give this offense a jump in scoring and the Rams know that.

I don't know how this thing's gonna play out, but I'll say that barring Higbee having another incident both he and Hemingway make the team this year. Rams have been without true receiving talent at TE for far too long now and with Goff back there as QB their value will be very high to the offense.

I'm really worried about Higbee and his partying. But if they can keep a cap on that fans are going to $h!t themselves when they see what a real passing game weapon TE looks like. And in his case he's got the frame to do well in the inline blocking as well once he's got a couple camps under his belt. Dude just does not drop the ball. It's gonna be fun, got my fingers crossed with him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harkey's just a guy brother. He has flashed on rare occasions catching the ball, but with the average guys those flash plays are too few and far between. Hark is a great blocker that is never going to give this offense a jump in scoring and the Rams know that.

I don't know how this thing's gonna play out, but I'll say that barring Higbee having another incident both he and Hemingway make the team this year. Rams have been without true receiving talent at TE for far too long now and with Goff back there as QB their value will be very high to the offense.

I'm really worried about Higbee and his partying. But if they can keep a cap on that fans are going to $h!t themselves when they see what a real passing game weapon TE looks like. And in his case he's got the frame to do well in the inline blocking as well once he's got a couple camps under his belt. Dude just does not drop the ball. It's gonna be fun, got my fingers crossed with him.
Yeah, we are not going to agree here. To flash more than he has, means there must have opportunities for him to do so. Even if he's a one trick pony (which I disagree with), he is a RB's best friend. Call him a FullBack or a Tightend, as long as you also call him a Ram.

nighttrain

Legend
I guess we're all hoping that his latest incident is a wake up call, he was fortunate to be picked in the 4th round

There is no doubt in my mind Fisher has sat this boy down, I'll go on record for liking his chances.
i completely agree about Fisher having his talk before the draft, and i'm sure this kid knows one wrong move he will me history, not a good way to start in the NFL
train

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I really, really liked Highbee pre-legal issues, he's a very good TE. He arrived at WKU as a 190lb WR and bulked up to a 255lb TE so he runs good routes and catches everything, he's a willing blocker as well. If Boras was able to improve Cook's blocking, he will greatly improve Highbee's-------guy just has a chance to be an integral part and a key contributor on offense for us. Hope he gets his head on straight and the legal issues are resolved.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

Our last scout of the day, this one speaking on tight end Tyler Higbee, selected by the Rams in the fourth round: "He is a major partier. That was his big problem, despite the arrests. He has a lot of maturing to do, and I'm not sure he can mature fast enough."

Oh boy.

View: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636931-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-the-super-duper-drafty-edition
I know many Kentucky folks through marriage only and most have been arrested at least once. Really though this guy is from tough stock like Gronk is and they being from Bowling Green tend to be a (sorry If not politically correct) lot redneck if you can accept that I in L.A. Florida or Lower Alabama am one too and we raise em tough as nails. It will be a culture clash in Los Angeles , but if you bring in some squirrels to shoot and possums to eat he'll be happier than pig in slop.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I'm seeing it a little different. Harkey is our only true FB/TE hybrid, his run blocking ability is better than any of our other TE's, and his receiving grade actually exceeds Kendricks according to PFF grading. Right now i'm seeing Justice Cunningham as the odd man out, unless we keep two practice squad TE's. Kendricks is a poor run blocker but is quite good in pass pro., and he'll probably become our early TE target while Higbee is learning to improve his route running. I see the depth chart as Kendricks, Higbee & Harkey, with Hemingway on the Practice Squad and Cunningham possibly joining him. Harkey will continue as last year while Kendricks will assume Cook's old role, Higbee will get more snaps as his learning curve improves, although Kendricks may be on a short leash as he certainly didn't live up to the big new contract he received prior to last season. jmo.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I see both Higbee and Hemingway as specifically targeted complements to the Goff selection.

Cooper and Thomas, too, for that matter.

All 4 players designed to take fullest advantage of Goff's skill set. Quick, accurate passes well placed after reading the D and going through progressions to find the first open man.

A nightmare to defend. And all are rac threats, too.

I expect opponents to get a heavy dose of Higbee, in particular, until they prove they can stop it. Higbee might have a shot at OROY, imo.

Our passing O has taken a quantum leap as of Saturday night. The rest of the league just doesn't know it yet.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Oh boy.

So he's the te version of Johnny party boy? At least the Rams didn't blow a 1st rounder on him like the browns. Those lovable sad sack browns.